Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So fuking cold.

This is a discussion on So fuking cold. within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Probably is the lack of sunspots NASA SOHO image shows a blank sun without sunspots, an indication of "solar minimum." ...
Page: 2

Xtr3m3

Probably is the lack of sunspots

NASA SOHO image shows a blank sun without sunspots, an indication of "solar minimum."

Also,

Now this 11-year low in Sunspot activity has raised fears among a small but growing number of scientists that rather than getting warmer, the Earth could possibly be about to return to another cooling period. The idea is especially intriguing considering that most of the world is in preparation for global warming.

Oleg Sorokhtin, a fellow of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences believes that a lack of sunspots does indicate a coming cooling period based on certain past trends and early records. In fact, he calls manmade climate change "a drop in the bucket" compared to the fierce and abrupt cold that can potentially be brought on by inactive solar phases.[/b]

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Could you explain a bit more?

my english is not so good that I can understand it completely

mdeac48

-4C isn't that cold, thats standard winter temperature here in much lower latitudes than all of europe. I drove into work earlier last month and it hit -16F (-26C) and I wasn't even about to start complaining for another 10 degrees. And when I lived a little further north in the land of endless wind, the wind chill could push mid day temps down another 20-25 degrees from whatever it was.

I guess the Netherlands just don't turn out anyone tough.

Banned

Then why is the north and south pole melting?[/b]
    I don't want to say stuff that i really do not remember but if i would guess, then its a natural thing.

Well I think there must be some solid proof or else the media wouldnt say thinks etc.

Ainelover

if the northpole and south wud melt we are screwed

Imhotep

My nipples are hard

Banned

My nipples are hard [/b]
    Pics or it didnt happen.

Banned Senior Member

-20 is nothing[/b]
    Thats true, -20 isn't that bad

Banned

I tell you what a smart man told me, there is no global warming, only a hand full of scientist agree with Bill Clinton ect. Rest say its a natural thing that the Earth goes through.[/b]
    People who argues for Global Warming are arguing the rate of change is happening too fast, who doesn't know the Earth goes through the hot and cold cycles, but when the rate of change is increasing rapidly, don't you think there's a problem?

That's like saying smoking doesn't increase the risk of lung cancer! It's just natural!!!!

Xtr3m3

I'm not sure how the deal is, but no sunspots = bad news. As of now there has been no sunspots.

Vanishing Sunspot Mystery Has Scientists Worried! The Beginning Of The Ice Age?

But you should take this as a grain of salt...but if it does happen we are going to get PWND by the sun!

Banned

Well I think there must be some solid proof or else the media wouldnt say thinks etc.[/b]
    You're too funny.

Global Warming pffft

That's intresting. Thanks

TheBloodyBeast

For god's sake some of you should watch National Geographic

Thats true, -20 isn't that bad [/b]
    <3

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

I complain when it&#39;s below 40 Fahrenheit here...it snowed a few weeks ago, was pretty awesome (has happened like 3x here in my lifetime lol)

@ what vandy was saying, some believe that the sun has some periods of time where it heats up for a short while and then returns to normal. If you look at the amount of carbon that was released in prehistoric volcanic eras and during the great impact, it&#39;s not too different than what we are doing with modern technology, we&#39;re just not doing it naturally.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast