Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Somebody dropped a brick on Bush head again ?

This is a discussion on Somebody dropped a brick on Bush head again ? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Bush can shove his approval up his ass. If he loves Turkey so much then he should try adding it ...
Page: 3

Psy

Bush can shove his approval up his ass. If he loves Turkey so much then he should try adding it to North America, THEN he can try dealing with his people.

Arthurios

Like I said before, Turkey is MORE WESTERN than Islamic, Turkey has not have a state religion whatsoever, no one is administrated on what they believe.

And psy a guy named oldboy pmed me about macroing with him at cwest that he can make me 60 in 1 day, you should bann him or something,

if they get accepted into the EU = open borders = all the good honest people stay in turkey, work hard doing a normal job and all the scum comes over here because they heard you don't have to work and still get payed wich results in we paying taxes for them lazy bums and them doing all sorts of illegal stuff.

and thats why i (if i would have the chance) would vote no.[/b]
    So true :mellow:

Psy

And psy a guy named oldboy pmed me about macroing with him at cwest that he can make me 60 in 1 day, you should bann him or something,[/b]
    I'm the most useless mod on ko4life when you want someone immediately banned, forward the message to a global mod or admin.

Hydr4

Why dont you ask any dutch guy on these forums thats not half - turkish , if they find this a good idea at all im 99% sure they will say no because tbh all these black people and islamitic people piss me the fuck of

Like I said before, Turkey is MORE WESTERN than Islamic, Turkey has not have a state religion whatsoever, no one is administrated on what they believe.[/b]
    We should compare Turkey with Europe, not with the middle east. In that sense, i think it is still too Islamic. Still too many Turks want Sharia Law, still there is too much censorship (banning youtube) and law protecting criticism of Ataturk. Still people are imprisoned for insulting "Turkishness" (Orhan Pamuk), and there is widespread nationalism that is unhealthy (killing someone for lowering the Turkish flag). I think the dispute with Greece is also a big problem. How will Turkey adjust to EU laws on human rights and individual freedom?

While Turkey is light-years ahead of the rest of the Islamic world, it is still not ready to join the EU until it addresses these problems.

sime217

I edited my post. And yes I brought it up but am I right or not? In netherlands everyone is the same according to the law no matther what religion you have or what skin color etc. I thought thats the same in the eu.

You failed in being a smartass.

There are obviously more positive things than negativ things about Turkey joining the EU or not. Only thing I saw is the culture difference what is pretty bullshit to me because I've been in Turkey every year and its more Western than for example Islamic.

And the other negativ thing was the economy, but lets wait and see in 5/10 years how the economy is then.

Everyone (almost everyone) dislikes things about turkey just because allot of kids foktop a game. Dont argue and complain about people and a whole country just because of a game. Be realistic.[/b]

Can you PLEASE, briefly outline the 'positives' Turkey will bring into EU?

We don't need more poor people coming into Europe. Did you see what happened with eastern europe? All the gypsies flocked in, they live with their suitcase, hanging their dirty clothes on our streets, eating from our garbage cans and ruining our culture and society. These gypsies are making our nation look bad. You can't believe how pissed i get when i come to Bulgaria during the summer, coming home from the airport, passing all these lazy, useless gypsies. They have done NOTHING for our country, and never will. They are gradually shifting our primary religious beliefs from Christian to Muslim. Ignorant, useless bastards. Get your own country.

Anywho, rant off, i really do not want any more islamic people building their temples in my streets and destroying the culture that we have kept for so long!

Arthurios

no I wont , just read and search on internet yourself if you are interested in this subject, im enough stressed already for school allot of presentations tomorrow. Anyway zero you are right about that except the greek problem, why is turkey getting the blame for that and not greece? At the moment turkey and greece doesnt have a problem with each other.

but about the other things you mentioned you are right about that. But I am also like that very passionate for my country I hate people who say bad things about Ataturk etc. because its very important for us, this seems like bullshit for you guys but its hard to say, its just like loving your family (atleast for me) Probably that is also the reason I am discussing about this subject with you guys. Anyway turkey is working about those problems and they are doing fine at the moment.
    Banning youtube, that sucks indeed, why do you think millions of people demonstrated against the AKP? the pro islamic party... you guys are saying turkey is to islamic. According to Ataturk we should be Western and Democratic. Religion and State seperated. But the akp is trying to fuck it up now. Yes they are doing great stuffs for the economy etc. but they are making this country more and more islamic. The supreme court in turkey is trying to ban that party. but again europe is complaining about that, that banning a party is not right. So we cant be to islamic but we cant ban a party who wants to make this country islamic? How strange is that isnt it.

Anyway I am really tired. going to drink some stress away with friends Ill post some reply's tomorrow again. Sorry for my english, I am good in it but making good sentences etc. I just dont have the time for it now.

edit: saw sime or something edited his post. What about gypsies? gypsies are also in turkey the lowest rank there is. They also do that in turkey not only in bulgaria. Gypsies are mostly from Romania and Bulgaria

kibal

you failed in being funny, dont compare the turkish people ingame with the reality, Turkey as country has allot to offer for Europe.[/b]
    and what r those things that turkey can offer to europe?

Banned

Banned

and what r those things that turkey can offer to europe?[/b]
    knight online dupe methods.

sime217

no I wont , just read and search on internet yourself if you are interested in this subject, im enough stressed already for school allot of presentations tomorrow. Anyway zero you are right about that except the greek problem, why is turkey getting the blame for that and not greece? At the moment turkey and greece doesnt have a problem with each other.

but about the other things you mentioned you are right about that. But I am also like that very passionate for my country I hate people who say bad things about Ataturk etc. because its very important for us, this seems like bullshit for you guys but its hard to say, its just like loving your family (atleast for me) Probably that is also the reason I am discussing about this subject with you guys. Anyway turkey is working about those problems and they are doing fine at the moment.
    Banning youtube, that sucks indeed, why do you think millions of people demonstrated against the AKP? the pro islamic party... you guys are saying turkey is to islamic. According to Ataturk we should be Western and Democratic. Religion and State seperated. But the akp is trying to fuck it up now. Yes they are doing great stuffs for the economy etc. but they are making this country more and more islamic. The supreme court in turkey is trying to ban that party. but again europe is complaining about that, that banning a party is not right. So we cant be to islamic but we cant ban a party who wants to make this country islamic? How strange is that isnt it.

Anyway I am really tired. going to drink some stress away with friends Ill post some reply's tomorrow again. Sorry for my english, I am good in it but making good sentences etc. I just dont have the time for it now.

edit: saw sime or something edited his post. What about gypsies? gypsies are also in turkey the lowest rank there is. They also do that in turkey not only in bulgaria. Gypsies are mostly from Romania and Bulgaria[/b]
    i didnt edit it, but i may have added something..
    what i'm saying is that you, turks, and gypsies are fucking up our culture and society. we DONT want you in eastern europe. you have your own country.

knight online dupe methods.[/b]
    not funny

Banned

knight online dupe methods.[/b]
    LOL :lol:

poor ppl that have to die cause some asshole decided to play war, would like to see bush being dropped in some market at Baghdad [/b]
    yeah that asshole along with the approval of his country . also i'd love to see osama dropped on some corner in new york .

Bush has no right to say who can be in the EU[/b]
    ugh no shit thats why he said "We strongly believe" he doesn't believe shit he's doing his job which is coming to an end and he obviously speaks on the behalf of the united states which fyi probly has a lil pull over there

[/b]
    yes your right man go vote for obama he's your only chance have fun paying 50 % taxes

I never said the Cyprus problem was Turkey's fault. But there is still tension there (the youtube ban was because of anti-greek comments). The government in Turkey are so desperate to stop the anti-greek sentiments that they will censor it, which is not a very European thing to do. I think that dealing with the problem is better than covering it up.

I have read a fair bit about Ataturk, and he was a good man. But i feel that he would not be totally happy with modern day Turkey. Some of the values of Kemalism are being eroded. In some ways there are a lot of parallels between Turkey and the USA. Both were founded by enlightened, intelligent liberals who condoned secular values, freedom, tolerance and education. However over time, religious elements have crept back into governance and there has been a surge of zealous nationalism in both countries, which is quite vulgar to most Europeans.

I mean, i was surprised at just how many Turks were fond of the Ottoman empire, whose values Ataturk opposed. It seems like a contradiction. It would be like the modern French being fond of Louis XVI, which is silly. The French are maybe the truest liberal republicans since they still embrace the same values they fought for over 200 years ago.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast