Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

something interesting

This is a discussion on something interesting within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally posted by H0lysh1t so if we go his way (harry s.), god is first species ever,and with the evolution ...
Page: 2

Banned

Originally posted by H0lysh1t
    so if we go his way (harry s.), god is first species ever,and with the evolution he didnt die,he just became more power and power to build life and species and stuff? and same thing is gonna happen in a few billion years with us too if we pass all lvls?
    not, not exactly, "god" was a previous species that was in the universe or perhaps, another universe. when "god" died he ended up himself becoming a god, from the previous god that was controlling his universe and his species. so then he preceded to make the big bang in order for his own universe to unfold. and life started 4 billion years after the big bang. many did not develop enough intelligence at first.

the ones that did develop intelligence, and technology were smart enough to leave their own planet and solar system. in a specific timeframe. they have had a LOT longer time than humanity has been around. humans have only been on this earth for about 10,000 years... and thats not alot of time compared to the other so called "species" that god compared us too.

when you mean by "lvls" he was just comparing it to something sort of like levels, or stages that he has seen other species undergo, somewhat like a test if you say. we can only choose or own answers to what will happen, god can not intervene because like i said its a test to see if we can pass on to the next stage. the levels he mentioned were, technology, living together, understanding, overcoming things, adapting. all 5 of these are only examples of what i think he was talking about.
    in order for us to live with the rest of the species (not sure about this). we must undergo tasks like living with nuclear weapons, and understanding that we can kill ourselves at any moment. when we found out about nuclear bombs and this type of technology that we harnessed, its hard to not use them at enemies. but part of the tasks that he was talking about was learning to live with our enemies, and if we cant, then it would be the ultimate end for our species and our own planet. if we do pass all of his so called "tests" and leave our solar system with humans seeking a different place to live in the next million/billion years than maybe, yes we could somehow become gods.

but at this day and age, not many people would take this type of thing seriously. do you think many people would believe it? i for one, honestly dont believe it entirely. but its a interesting concept to think about.

Banned

if you would STILL like to know more about the probablity of other species in the universe, go here

http://www.hawking.org.uk/lectures/lindex.html

stephen hawking explains different theories on how life could come to be, or not come to be, in the universe

TunaFishyMe

but in the end, they are just his stories of how he perceives the world or what our goal in life should be. The fact that hes "talking to God" isnt really important.

Banned

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    but in the end, they are just his stories of how he perceives the world or what our goal in life should be. *The fact that hes "talking to God" isnt really important.
    EXACTLY! and thats what makes it so interesting

DragonFire

im hearin' good things...I think im gonna read it. ^_^

TunaFishyMe

it was actually pretty interesting what he thinks of the world. I read it this morning the second you posted it cuz I had nothing to do at work but I had to go to a meeting so I couldnt comment on it.

Banned

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    it was actually pretty interesting what he thinks of the world. *I read it this morning the second you posted it cuz I had nothing to do at work but I had to go to a meeting so I couldnt comment on it.
    lol yea, its his thoughts of how the real world is like, but for example:

you have heard of stories like lord of the rings, harry potter, things like that, thats exactly what this guy is sort of doing. except making it not some fiction novel/story, it IS like a story, but in real aspects of the universe and what surrounds us.

cause i mean, its not like you read a guy who said he has talked to god everyday in the newspaper or in time magazine.

the universe is complex and mysterious, same with people's beliefs, i think thats why many people find it interesting, because i want to know more about what this man has to talk about. it just interests me. but i dont believe EVERY single word of it as to shove down someones throat.

thats why books like the davinci code and celestine prophecy were so popular. ..people w/ an agenda (teaching their ideas) in a manner that was interesting and enjoyable.

TunaFishyMe

erxcept davinci code was written with "facts" that were skewed to no end. The "facts" that he used to support his conspiraces were an obvious manipulation of the past. At first, I thought everyone took the book as a story book, but I was surprised that there were actually some people including Dan Brown himself that believed what he wrote.

Its like the 911 conspiracies. They gain so much support through the ignorance of people.

Former-Flonne

Bah i posted this on this forums long ago. But its still good to re-read it.

read it...and it has my mind thinking...hmmmmmmmm

good read

Papps

i read most of it, interesting

Guachimagaa

it was the best thing ive ever read.. its a worthfull text, prolly better than any other book or text.. it actually makes me think a lot about how insignificant are we, and that theres something bigger out there... new places where to go... more stuffs to know.. the 2nd text also shows how far our intelect can go, and the risks of develop our knowledge it is jsut wonderrfull .. nejoyed it a lot thx

Erian

wow that was awesome it makes us wonder of our existence. Are we like miniture lab rat to god and he is seeing the superior one and if we are that is the purpose of our existence?

Cocaine

fantastic read, even though it basically negates every belief that i have had for the past 17 years, i thoroughly enjoyed it.

thx josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12