Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stock Market Question...

This is a discussion on Stock Market Question... within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Ok so I want to invest some money in the stock market...but I really don't know were to start...can anybody ...
Page: 1

Xtr3m3

Ok so I want to invest some money in the stock market...but I really don't know were to start...can anybody give me a heads up were I could invest online? I know about NASDAQ but I don't know how to use their site...well I do but not to a high level...I want to start with like 50$ with a developing company in Asia or so...and then make my way up once I make little by little

Any tips and hints please? Any help is appreciated...

Thanks

sime217

my tip would be invest in the oil companies.
    suncor's stock went up from 80 to 150 in the last 3 months. we made $100 grand profit. they'll only be rising since the value of gas itself is increasing.

TunaFishyMe

with 50 bucks youll be earning pennies...maybe in a year youll earn 5 bucks if you are good.
    i would say learn by reading some basic knowledge first so you actually know what you are doing...then when you actually HAVE money to invest...do it.
    If you can only afford 50 bucks...then even bother
    the stock market takes years to learn and even then, its hard.

Xtr3m3

Well...the thing is that I want to get a first hand experience of the whole deal and all...so when I become better at it I could invest a couple of thousands...I can't put a couple of thousands now...I'll lose so much their

I need to research more about it...

might as well use $50 on online betting

ETRADE just watch fox news for 10 minutes u'll find a load of sites

TunaFishyMe

you wont get hands on experience with 50 bucks. transactions fees alone will take away all your money. with 50 bucks you can buy like 2 stocks in a decent cheap company. of course it doesnt work that way,..but if you are planning on penny stocks...then thats pointless.
    if you want to learn, its probably better to take a course or read a book. for actual hands on experience try doing those virtual ones. they use the current stock market prices so its realistic in that sense but i think the entire state of mind is different when you use real money.

Xtr3m3

^^ I think I'm going to do that

Thanks all for the input

well..... try investing 200$ minimum..... 50$ is not enough to buy even 1 stock of many worth buying companies.

The investments my dad does, is with HSBC (hongkong and shanghai banking corporation) and you basically just buy and sell and then the bank will take away fees, and do all those other craps for you.

Imo.... you should start noticing how google's stock goes, its been going up and down by quite a bit~! rising up to 700 and dropping back to 300 or so, and slowly going back up.

Another big company you should invest in, is VISA, it just went on the stock market about 1-2 motnhs ago, and has rose quite a bit, and right now, it just dropped a bit, so probably will go back up.

ETRADE . COM PLENTY OF 10 DOLLAR STOCKS TO LEARN ON

http://www.bullbearings.co.uk/
    It's a online game where you start off with $100,000 and can invest into a range of different companies. It updates it as the stock goes up and down in real life.

Mighty

just a few tips i can tell u from knowledge i earned:
    1- in stock market, 90% of the people lose their money, and 10% make money. this group of 10% is made up of people who work at that, many of them for 14-18 hrs a day, no joke. economy is very logical, it has room for people who are followed by their heart just because someone has to be on the losing side of the trade. and thats what a none-experienced investor is ussualy is. first rule is never follow your feelings, only follow the facts.
    2- dont put any money, not even a tiny amount [not cause i worry about your cash, cuz it'll just go for paying transaction fees], before u earned some expirence by using simulator [like posted above], and [not have to ofcourse but again ull only lose if u wont do this very basic thing] gone to course.

and even these 2 things who seem very helping, wont change much, you'll still lose your cash until you're as exped as the 10% group

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

http://www.bullbearings.co.uk/
    It's a online game where you start off with $100,000 and can invest into a range of different companies. It updates it as the stock goes up and down in real life.[/b]
    We did that in economics class last week :P just not on the computer.. we put 100k into whatever company and tracked it for 15 days, i made a little over 8k from Dell.

And to the guy who posted this topic..$50 wont get you that far :/

Banned

50 dollars is too little. You need atleast 1000 dollars. 50 dollars wont even cover the transaction/brokerage fee (depending on which service you use).

50 $ is plenty to try and learn with dont listen to them and lol at 90% losing money @ stock market

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast