Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Strategy for ACT/SAT?

This is a discussion on Strategy for ACT/SAT? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Anybody got a strategy for taking this tests (more ACT) ? h34r: It will be great help for me and ...
Page: 1

Xtr3m3

Question

Anybody got a strategy for taking this tests (more ACT) ? h34r:

It will be great help for me and others who are going to take next test on February

Thanks in advanced

Banned

It will be great help for me and others who are going to take next test on February

Thanks in advanced [/b]
    study all the ACT books

Maybe ask lutz but i dont know if he comes here anymore

Banned

Get ACT books from the library and take practice ACT tests. Take atleast 30 - 40 practice tests.

I have never taken the SATs.

Xtr3m3

study all the ACT books[/b]
    I did but....I&#39;m bad test taker <_<
    Ans I&#39;m one of those person that go over the question and answer like 10 times
    No time to finish it either 75% completed of test, rest I guess

unradsniper

im taking the sat&#39;s soon got 227 on the psat&#39;s was rly close to gettin 231 :G critical reading section pissed me off

Xtr3m3

Get ACT books from the library and take practice ACT tests. Take atleast 30 - 40 practice tests.

I have never taken the SATs.[/b]
    I&#39;ll go to library tomorrow and get more

Since last test (first test) I got a Composite score of 16 with writing

EDIT: I know I know you guys will make fun of it

cama

dont be stupid.

problem solved

i guess that camel got banned?

ummmmmmmmmm STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY.......STUDY STUDY STUDY.................STUDY STUDY STUDY.........study ACT books...STUDYSTUDY STUDY STUDY.

cross ur fingers, pray for the best

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

i guess that camel got banned? [/b]
    u wish

Ki1laH

get drunk the night before, and smoke before the test!

seriously theres not much you can do to study for it that will honestly help in my opinion, the ACT isn&#39;t honestly meant to be studied for, its meant to test you on what you know already and can already accomplish, not what you can cram into your head to study and forget about pretty much right after.

My two cents.

Thanks in advanced [/b]

cross your fingers and pray ...

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

cross your fingers and pray ...[/b]
    Thats what I did, and it didn&#39;t work out very well =/ Just remember to bring your calculator for the SAT math part, or hope you can do complex equations in your head in under a minute, or you&#39;re screwed xD also read through it carefully but fast, cuz of the time limit. Thats what screwed me up >_< I&#39;ma retake the SAT soon, and do the ACT soon afterwards =/

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Thats what I did, and it didn&#39;t work out very well =/ Just remember to bring your calculator for the SAT math part, or hope you can do complex equations in your head in under a minute, or you&#39;re screwed xD also read through it carefully but fast, cuz of the time limit. Thats what screwed me up >_< I&#39;ma retake the SAT soon, and do the ACT soon afterwards =/[/b]
    I never used my calculator, and finished every math section in less than 1/2 the time they gave me; I had the chance to triple-check my answers. I got an 800 on the SAT I math.

Banned

I never used my calculator, and finished every math section in less than 1/2 the time they gave me; I had the chance to triple-check my answers. I got an 800 on the SAT I math.[/b]
    Thats not possible even if you are a math hugger. You have to use a calculator for those geometry problems and circle problems.

Unless they changed the format of ACT/SAT in 5 years, you do have to be familiar with your calculator.

@ Xtr3m3
    There was no writing section 5 years ago. Also, I don&#39;t understand how you can calculate your own score for the practice writing part of the test.

The optimum strategy is to get familiar with the format of the test. The practice tests by ACT/SAT books helps because they are original tests that were used in previous years. People who make up the ACT tests basically recycle the same test questions with only minor modification. Once you understand what kind of questions will be asked on the test, and become familiar on how to answer those questions, they will come natural to you on the set date.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast