Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Strategy for ACT/SAT?

This is a discussion on Strategy for ACT/SAT? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Science buttfucked you man ^^ One of the assistant basketball coaches at my school was a huge jock back in ...
Page: 3

cRuX

Science buttfucked you man ^^ One of the assistant basketball coaches at my school was a huge jock back in highschool and he was all-state basketball and a bunch of other awards..kansas was interested in him until he got a 9 on his ACT. It sounds unbelievable but my mom graduated with him and she has seen the scoresheet lmao. Also a girl in my grade just got a perfect score and was accepted into yale. and since lutz is reading this topic another friend that got a 36 and has remarkable GPA/record got turned down by Stanford aswell..I think they're just bitches

Ki1laH

I didn't use a calcluater either, i solve math problems much faster in my head than i will ever on a calculater or even on paper, though sometimes I have to show work...bleh.

And its a proven fact that you are unable to retain much information by studying the night before, so it is pointless to do.

It is much better to have fun the night before and get a good nights sleep.

I didn't use a calcluater either, i solve math problems much faster in my head than i will ever on a calculater or even on paper, though sometimes I have to show work...bleh.

And its a proven fact that you are unable to retain much information by studying the night before, so it is pointless to do.

It is much better to have fun the night before and get a good nights sleep.[/b]
    and have a juice and breakfast at morning rox too <3

Ki1laH

and have a juice and breakfast at morning rox too <3[/b]
    Yeah breakfast is a MUST if you want to be on top of your game.

Banned

16^2 is simple to find, it&#39;s 256 - you should have memorized up to at least 20 for squares.

3.14 x 256 is also simple. If you do it mentally, it&#39;s 3x256, which is about 3x250, which is around 750. 0.1x256 is 25.6, which is about 25. If you note, this is an underestimation (because you&#39;re technically missing a 4x3 and 0.04.... x 256), so it&#39;s larger than 775, but pretty close. The only answer choice that&#39;s "pretty close" to 775 is 804 or 806, but I can tell right away that your problem isn&#39;t a sample problem, because the SAT doesn&#39;t work like that.

First of all, I can tell that&#39;s not a true practice problem, because it&#39;s pretty much GUARANTEED one of the answer choices should be ~100, because the SAT will give you a choice about the circumference (if you mistake circumference and area). So seeing as how there&#39;s no answer choice that&#39;s ~100, it&#39;s clearly not an SAT question.

Second, if you&#39;re having any time constraints on the math portion, you should definitely be studying a lot harder. On every math section in my school, I&#39;ve always noticed the entire room finished around 5-6 minutes before time was up, and I&#39;m pretty sure everyone&#39;s already double-checked their answers. Again, time isn&#39;t a problem.

Third and lastly, the SAT doesn&#39;t try to trick you in the sense of choosing the wrong answer stupidly; instead, they trick you into conceptual errors rather than unforced errors. 806 comes out of nowhere, and it&#39;s pretty clear the answer is trying to trick you into a stupid error, not a conceptual error. There is no sense in putting 806 as an answer because:
    1. It&#39;s not a multiple of 16.
    2. It&#39;s not a perfect square.
    3. It doesn&#39;t produce the right answer.
    4. In the interval [805,807) there does not exist a number that is divisible by 16, nor, when divided by pi, will yield another number divisible by 16.[/b]
    Yes, because they were using a calculator.

Banned

moemoneyman:

Here is a SS of score, etc:

Not everybody is a genius for this shit

Too bad the test does not involved anything related to Astrophysics or whatnot [/b]
    Keep taking them. They only help.

I am not going to criticize you. Do better next time.

sexyrexy

isnt it like the sat tests your current knowledge and the act tests your ability to learn or is it the other way around

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123