Wish Me Luck

This is a discussion on Wish Me Luck within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; My schools robotics team just finished its first day of qualifying rounds, and we are currently ranked 8th /46. We ...
Page: 1

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

My schools robotics team just finished its first day of qualifying rounds, and we are currently ranked 8th /46. We go up against teams with 10+ engineers, sponsored by companies like bp, NASA, autodesk, lockheed martin, oceaneering, and several other big companies, and with access to top notch equipment and materials.

Our team has like 6 people, including our mentor, we have A box of tools, not a whole freaking tool chest, and our robot is basically our teams 3 older robots cannibalized for parts, a few pieces of scrap steal tubing, and a shit load of zip ties ._. We have 2 more qualifying rounds tomorrow, and then hopefully we will move onto finals!

DarK

Good luck!

About to go back to finish qualifying rounds, then hopefully we can move onto the finals. When I get home I'll post the results :P

Hey cutie Senior Member

ROBOTICS?
    wow <_<

Notorious P.A.T Senior Member AsSaiLaNT9082's Avatar

very interesting, gl to you if you can take a pic of your robot

Banned Senior Member

Team sponsored by Nasa > you

SoMbRa

gl ^^

pabLo

Congrats. Thats good!

Team sponsored by Nasa > you [/b]
    Actually, you&#39;d be surprised. There was a team sponsored by BP that we managed to beat over all in the qualifying rounds. However, when we got to the quarterfinals, us, and the other 2 underdog teams were against the 3 best at the competition, it was a best 2 out of 3, we lost the first round of the quarter finals, won the second, and got slaughtered in the final =/ The team sponsored by bp had better ally&#39;s than we did, and weren&#39;t up against the best teams there like we were. The team sponsored by NASA isn&#39;t all about the money, its more that they have PERFECTED an excellent drivetrain over the past 10 years or so, and managed to beat almost every one on maneuverability and speed. Overall our tiny 6 man, $100 team placed 12th out of 46, an enormous improvement from 2 years ago, where we placed 53rd out of 56 =/ Myself and many members of the team are graduating and going to college/work, but 3 of us are returning to our school&#39;s team as sponsors/mentors. My best friend&#39;s dad works for Toshiba, who will probably sponsor us, My older brother works for an oil control company that can also sponsor us, and my neighbor works in a machine shop who can probably lend us a few tools or machine a few parts for us.

If any one is interested in robotics, and is still in middle/high school, here&#39;s the homepage of F.I.R.S.T. Robotics, the organization that started it all, and organizes each competition, as well as hands out scholarships :P

http://www.usfirst.org/?gclid=CIvK9f...FRthYQodbQ4kPA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yViRWaSODIc

Thats the video that describes this year&#39;s challenge, was pretty easy, especially for us, since it was one that could be done cheaply :P

TunaFishyMe

ive seen this competition before. I always wanted to do it but my school didnt really offer it. Its pretty big and its really good. Thats a pretty good ranking for a small team. Good job

Banned

Nice movie , i like it

fonzy

is this highskool robotics? cause if it is AQ i hope the coconino wins