those who know car stereos

This is a discussion on those who know car stereos within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; so i have never EVER installed a stereo on a car.. i know its plug n play but my car ...
Page: 1

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

so i have never EVER installed a stereo on a car.. i know its plug n play but my car the oem plug was removed so i had to order it and figure out the wires to install the radio. .

so now i got radio and 6 1/2 in front and in back i have 6x9 that dont fit but i MADE THOSE FUCKER GIT GHETTO STYLE! its pretty loud, loud enough to barely hear me talk but i need that BOOM

i got like four subs lol from previous car

2 12's and 2 10's. i think for my size car 1 10 is perfect for my needs.

also my 6x9 are 500 watts and im only using radio to power them..

my question is can i use one amp to power both my 6x9 and subwoofer? the sub is 1200 watts but i dont really want my car to explode....

i have seen big ass systems on small cars and yea IT FUCKING BOOM but thefucking car is falling apart... so not cool...

Banned

1 sub should do it

I got 2 10" mtx subs in mine and a 1000 watt amp and I can get all my glass to shake ( not recommended) just gotta adjust your equalizer good once you get it in.

1 sub should do it

I got 2 10" mtx subs in mine and a 1000 watt amp and I can get all my glass to shake ( not recommended) just gotta adjust your equalizer good once you get it in.[/b]
    yea the glass shaking can be real damagin =/

Bowtie4Life

I think a 12 would be better if you already have the subs, that way you can have more power/thump available, but could always dial it down when you feel like it. I personally have 2 MTX 12's, and can set off car alarms if I need to show off. I bought them for pretty cheap, already ported, best investment Ive made audio wise. I had a friend who put 2 15's in a civic, I couldn't hear for like 15 mins after being in his car...never again. I swear my insides were still vibrating afterwards.

As far as the speakers go, the radio usually can't provide enough power to get the best sound quality, so you definately will want it hooked up to an amp. Try and shoot for a 4 channel amp, use 2 chan. to power the speakers, and then bridge the remaining 2 channels to power your sub.

dont matter what speakers or subs you get, ALL THAT MATTERS IS THE BREMBO BRAKESSSSSSSSS

lol sry for spam i was bored xD

evilwevel

got one 12" mtx sub as well, came with an mtx thunder (i think, not to sure anymore, been ages since i opened the trunk :P ) amp. i use it to power my sub and my 2 rear speakers. my front speakers are connected directly to my radio. i have some great sound but it's not to much, mustly because i still have a steel plate behind my rear seats so the bass from the sub in the trunk won't come to the front of the car to well.

i'd never go for two large subs with your normal speakers only connected to the radio without an amplifier. you'll probably won't hear half of your music that way.

alrightt thi is my set for right now

i got a pioneer deh5000 deck
    2 12 inch kickers
    2 6x9 kenwooed
    2 61/2 pionner from wal mart xD
    1 1000 watt amp powering the kickers (i know weak)

so all the speakers are being powered by the deck on stock wiring( i saw no reason to change wiring if im not adding amp) the subs are hooked up to amp.
    it had a really nice boom till my dumbass decided to go single box on the 12's.... it totally killed my bass. so for sure ima have to get another box.( the original didnt fit my crx + its weight was almost 100 pounds >.>. so as soon as i get another box ill put the 12 again. but my problem now is that i just wanna use my speaker for vocals and instruments and my subs for pure bass. lol never paid much attention to a car lol. so far shit i have fixed..(learn as i do) driver side window replaced regulator. installed system(somewat) took out couple dents weeee