Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

For those who've wondered just what is wrong with America...

This is a discussion on For those who've wondered just what is wrong with America... within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I just switched on ESPN and the The world Hamburger eating championships were on. when the fuck did eating hamburgers ...
Page: 1

xAraChNiDx

Default For those who've wondered just what is wrong with America...

I just switched on ESPN and the The world Hamburger eating championships were on.

when the fuck did eating hamburgers become a sport?

im sorry but thats fucked up right there.

tolgahan

racist musun aga ? :lol:

lol its like an advertisement. They wants ppl to eat more hamburshits. thats all

xAraChNiDx

I can see the advertising value, but why the hell is a "sports" channel covering it.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

why is running a sport? why is hitting a piece of plastic across ice a sport? why is throwing a ball in a hoop a sport?

sports are about pushing the bodies limits and mastering what ur body can achieve...who can push their body to the limit the most is the best

so eating is just the same as any other sport its just a different way of pushing the body...i bet u couldnt eat as much as them or as fast as them theyve had to train to ignore their bodies warnings of being "full" and also train to ignore their gag reflex etc etc

Originally posted by camaz0tz
    why is running a sport? why is hitting a piece of plastic across ice a sport? why is throwing a ball in a hoop a sport?

sports are about pushing the bodies limits and mastering what ur body can achieve...who can push their body to the limit the most is the best

so eating is just the same as any other sport its just a different way of pushing the body...i bet u couldnt eat as much as them or as fast as them theyve had to train to ignore their bodies warnings of being "full" and also train to ignore their gag reflex etc etc
    Sport is for FUN, since when has shoving loads of hamburgers down your gob making you fat and sick been fun?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by JoshTehPwner+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JoshTehPwner)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-camaz0tz

Sport is for FUN, since when has shoving loads of hamburgers down your gob making you fat and sick been fun?[/b]
    SPORTS are not about fun...dunno what kind of mind manipulation u got when u were young but theyve never been abotu FUN...NEVER not even back in the days of ancient greece have they been about fun

games might be about fun...but sports are not...sports are competitive in the purpose that every1 wants to prove theyre the best...best at what? that depends on the sport and what that sport is designed to push the limits of ur body of

wraith86

Originally posted by JoshTehPwner+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JoshTehPwner)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-camaz0tz

Sport is for FUN, since when has shoving loads of hamburgers down your gob making you fat and sick been fun?[/b]
    for once i agree with cama on this one and you should stop being narrow minded

I'd probably beat 'em all :lol:

Default Re: For those who've wondered just what is wrong with Americ

Originally posted by xAraChNiDx
    I just switched on ESPN and the The world Hamburger eating championships were on.

when the fuck did eating hamburgers become a sport?

im sorry but thats fucked up right there.
    Do you realize that most of the people that win those competition arn't that fat in the first place? Japan has more eating competitions than America but no you people woulden't see that.

I swear people just have to find any reason they can to piss all over America because we are a prosperous nation. Jelousy ftw? And to all you nay-sayers wtf? Sports are subjective don't piss on others fun just because you don't think it is.

Originally posted by Vacant

I swear people just have to find any reason they can to piss all over America because we are a prosperous nation. Jelousy ftw?
    No babus, otherwise it would be only 3rd nations who would criticise them, most of the Europe thinks US is discrace and joke on many areas. Not all there are many great things in there too, maybe that's why it is interesting. It's like developed country who has 3rd world country in it or like research lab with retards working on it :P

Originally posted by wagyar+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wagyar)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vacant

I swear people just have to find any reason they can to piss all over America because we are a prosperous nation. Jelousy ftw?
    No babus, otherwise it would be only 3rd nations who would criticise them, most of the Europe thinks US is discrace and joke on many areas. Not all there are many great things in there too, maybe that's why it is interesting. It's like developed country who has 3rd world country in it or like research lab with retards working on it :P[/b]
    It's also comom knowledge that europe always gives some media spin when talking about America. Yes there are a few things I am not prowd of that my country has done, but I live a great life and I cant stand when people say otherwise. We are a prosperous nation and are really blessed with the freedoms we have. our leader may be a bit of a monkey but that doesen't mean the country is pure evil as you guys like to put it. ^_^ I can understand why some ppl hate America for their vews, but you also gotta look at where u get your news from and who is blowing the situations out of proportion.

I am really proud to live where I am... and I think u must live in America to understand it.

[]D [] []V[] []D Senior Member T_rey's Avatar

Originally posted by Vacant+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vacant)</div>
    Originally posted by wagyar@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vacant

No babus, otherwise it would be only 3rd nations who would criticise them, most of the Europe thinks US is discrace and joke on many areas. Not all there are many great things in there too, maybe that's why it is interesting. It's like developed country who has 3rd world country in it or like research lab with retards working on it :P
    It's also comom knowledge that europe always gives some media spin when talking about America. Yes there are a few things I am not prowd of that my country has done, but I live a great life and I cant stand when people say otherwise. We are a prosperous nation and are really blessed with the freedoms we have. our leader may be a bit of a monkey but that doesen't mean the country is pure evil as you guys like to put it. ^_^ I can understand why some ppl hate America for their vews, but you also gotta look at where u get your news from and who is blowing the situations out of proportion.

I am really proud to live where I am... and I think u must live in America to understand it.[/b]
    HOLY SHIT finally a topic that has some people i can agree with

I have such a good life and i live in america lets see i got 3 cars 2 big screen T.V's 2 story house with an attic, where i live i got the beach on one side and the mountains on the other, the weather here is great, sunny and warm in the summer then snows in the winter. Im sorry if our country has made some mistakes in the last few years with this war in Iraq but guess what im still living good, forgive me if it doesnt always rain here and is cold, forgive me if we had to come help yall in WWI and WWII because you needed us, forgive me if 95% of our citizens are employed and working and you are living in poverty, yea i can ride down the street and buy a cheesburger whenever i want, and yea i can buy named brand clothing for a high price, sorry i have money. Forgive me i can turn it to comedy central and watch carlos mencia making fun of george bush and not getting arrested. And about the food eating competition, i watched True life about it and all the people were skinny and always worked out almost like in all "regular" sports, i think cama saw the same thing i did , and no sports are not about fun, winning is fun but the sport its self is for the glory of winning and sorrow of losing. And the Japanese win that competition all the time, they are eatting machines haha.

Now lets see 000000 come in here and start flaming me and america cant wait ^_^

AMERICA FUCK YA

There are tons of people that agree with u but few have the balls to come out and say it.

Lol when it comes right down to it.. It seems like US gets looked own upon by the UK / Aussies / etc. for being too "deliberate, greedy, war-hungry.." When it comes right down to it, we just don't take shit and get pushed around like some of you.. not our fault we are willing to flex our muscle once and a while, as you sit and get bombed. :rollseyes:

"If you don't use it, you lose it." If you never show people that you are in charge, then you won't maintain your status

Psy

The point of a sport is to prove that you are better than someone, and the rivalries involved drive you to pushing your limits.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast