Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

For those who've wondered just what is wrong with America...

This is a discussion on For those who've wondered just what is wrong with America... within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally posted by TunaFishyMe canada > all free healthcare anyone? hahahaha Str8...
Page: 4

DarkFlare

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    canada > all
    free healthcare anyone?
    hahahaha Str8

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    canada > all
    free healthcare anyone?
    but u got beavers and mooses......BEAVERS AND MOOSES....and its cold up there <_<

Psy

When you say you're American, Turkish, or English you're saying you're a citizen of that country. If you want to know more information about the person you will say: Where are you from? (turkish: from?) Who were your ancestors? (not necessarily in these words)
    my ancestors were from:
    and
    I was born in:
    I moved here when I was:
    I know many people that were born in Ireland and England, they are no less American than the rednecks down south. Now, if you're an Indian you can say you descend from the Aztecs or Mayans. If you're from an african tribe you can say you're from Ghana, Africa, or you could say you're a member of the click click pikpow clan.

DarkFlare

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe
    canada > all
    free healthcare anyone?
    but u got beavers and mooses......BEAVERS AND MOOSES....and its cold up there <_<[/b]
    not all the time fuk it its all worth with during caribana

Default Re: For those who've wondered just what is wrong with Americ

Originally posted by susGe

Really dont understand what that has to do with loving your country. *Someone cant love there country because there are "better" places in the world? *I love how people who dont even live in america feel the need to talk about it like they know everything about it. * Im sure theres people who have visited and loved it and im sure theres people who have come here and hated it. *Theres fucked up places everywhere. * *I dont see what the problem is with someone being proud to be american. *I love my country, but i hate my current government.
    Theres loving your country, and then theres telling people that your country is better than everyone elses. Read the thread before you butt in next time. Why is it OK for the American posters to use the "jealousy" line, but as soon as i show how inaccurate that assessment is people get upset?

And to T-rey, well at least you tried this time. I was not quoting stereotypes, those were hard statistics. The average northern european has a better living standard than the average american. So next time someone says we are jealous, just think about that. If you look at any major US city, there are large regions in poverty.

And your economy isn't in a peak of any sorts. The dollar is weak against foreign currencies (meaning that imports cost you a lot), and it is well documented that the american national debt is insanely high. It has been high for a long time, but Clinton was at least trying to reduce it.

Well you also stated that BBC news (a british news network) is the most unbiased thing you can watch. Does that not make my point? The most unbiased american-made news is the Daily Show, which is a comedy. And I have CNN, Fox, NBC, ABC here. Most european countries get american news channels as well as BBC and local.

And I am not stuck-up or particularly arrogant, I just like a good debate. Most of the guys on ko4life haven't actually thought seriously about many issues, and I think that some of my views are a surprise to them. So their only reaction is to flame me.

tolgahan

i love my country :lol:

susGe

Default Re: For those who've wondered just what is wrong with Americ

Originally posted by h3h3h3+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(h3h3h3)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-susGe

Really dont understand what that has to do with loving your country. *Someone cant love there country because there are "better" places in the world? *I love how people who dont even live in america feel the need to talk about it like they know everything about it. * Im sure theres people who have visited and loved it and im sure theres people who have come here and hated it. *Theres fucked up places everywhere. * *I dont see what the problem is with someone being proud to be american. *I love my country, but i hate my current government.
    Theres loving your country, and then theres telling people that your country is better than everyone elses. Read the thread before you butt in next time. Why is it OK for the American posters to use the "jealousy" line, but as soon as i show how inaccurate that assessment is people get upset?

And to T-rey, well at least you tried this time. I was not quoting stereotypes, those were hard statistics. The average northern european has a better living standard than the average american. So next time someone says we are jealous, just think about that. If you look at any major US city, there are large regions in poverty.

And your economy isn't in a peak of any sorts. The dollar is weak against foreign currencies (meaning that imports cost you a lot), and it is well documented that the american national debt is insanely high. It has been high for a long time, but Clinton was at least trying to reduce it.

Well you also stated that BBC news (a british news network) is the most unbiased thing you can watch. Does that not make my point? The most unbiased american-made news is the Daily Show, which is a comedy. And I have CNN, Fox, NBC, ABC here. Most european countries get american news channels as well as BBC and local.

And I am not stuck-up or particularly arrogant, I just like a good debate. Most of the guys on ko4life haven't actually thought seriously about many issues, and I think that some of my views are a surprise to them. So their only reaction is to flame me.[/b]
    No ones upset. You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else. I was simply stating my opinion on how many people feel about the US. They sit back and try and pass judgement on it because of what they have seen on television and heard people say. Thats not to say thats how you are. I know you have been here atleast, but many of the people who dislike america base that on the fact that its currently cool to hate america. Most often when people are asked why they dont like america they say Bush. Guess what. We dont like that idiot either.

Babek

I know what's wrong with the FBI, geography knowledge(no4): http://www.fbi.gov/contact/legat/europe.htm :lol:

Originally posted by Holy
    All you guys speak so highly of America like it was "THE" country to live in. But the funny thing is America wouldn't even fucking exist if it wasn't for europeans, africans, mexicans and all the other foreigners that live there.
    Did you realize that according to modern theory.. All life originated in regions in and around modern day Africa. This thus proves that YOU are an immigrant, too.. Because of the simple fact that your ancestors moved into Europe from a different continent.. Also, i find it funny how you say none of us are American.. I actually am 6.75% Cherokee, so i guess that doesn't count? Lawl :wub:

P.S Stop being hypocrits if you are going to follow this viewpoint.. If europeans think Americans are greedy bastards who need to go die, but then you want us to claim our existence because of your arrival in the Americas, then you can thank YOURSELVES for planting the seed :P YOU are the ones who brought slaves over for your own greed of colonization, YOU are the ones who killed off native Americans during colonization, YOU are the ones who created the colonies, then got kicked out xD I guess you don't realize you did some bad shit in America back in the day as well.

FatM4n

Originally posted by Babek
    I know what's wrong with the FBI, geography knowledge(no4): http://www.fbi.gov/contact/legat/europe.htm *:lol:
    :lol: they point at nowray and claims it denmark, haha

and being a pro sportsmen is all about getting paid to destroy your body. Everybody needs atleast 24hour to regain their resources before training again but pro sportmens just train and train so the body can't regain thats why many pro sportsmen die pre age. Training is good but on average basis

XX

Haha you just have to love the way cama can make any post seem idiotic and pointless :lol: :wub:

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by XX
    Haha you just have to love the way cama can make any post seem idiotic and pointless *:lol: *:wub:
    not hard when 90% of this forum is filled with idiots <_<

aight i live in america and its a great country yea it has its flaws but wut country doesnt so im sayin if u dont like america fuck u we have stupid shit we do and we proud of them ( im not cuz i sit in the house all day on my ass and do nothin) and yes ReKon carlos mencia is da shit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234