Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

for those of you who flame people for grammar

This is a discussion on for those of you who flame people for grammar within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I had little to no difficulties in reading this :blink:...
Page: 3

Ripper_of_romania

I had little to no difficulties in reading this :blink:

DragonFire

if you can't read it..it means you don't speak english..or you are just fucking stupid.

Matador

so much hate....vandy and tez ....its kinda upsetting ....yet amusing...idk....well...i guess..

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Only great minds

can read this

This is weird, but interesting!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres i n a w rod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh! and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt
    and read it as you would a normal paragraph without hesitating to figure anything out[/b]
    When someone's flamed for grammar, it's largely because of their sentence structure, word choice, and mere ability; rarely does it have something to do with spelling. When someone spells something wrong and it's their first language, it's something to laugh about.

When someone has absolutely no ability to correctly convey the information thoroughly, and understandably, that's when we flame people who have crappy grammar. Try to decipher this message:

"Computer me type go board net."

All the letters are spelled right, but does that make any sense? No. What the person is trying to say? I have absolutely no idea.

Spelling and punctuation is of little importance, but spelling and punctuating incorrectly does significantly make you look less intelligent/able.

Note: by the way, that research is a couple years old, it's far from new. Cambridge has done a lot of studies on this. It was on the news a while ago, and was released to a bunch of high school teachers.

Banned Senior Member

Lutz do you think we really care how we write on the internet?
    i mean things like ? and ! are important but . or , arent

Word might not exist but people ...[/b]
    ... surely it's spelt dumber..... :lol:

interesting topic... despite the flames... come on guys.

I actually covered this while earning my degree in english language. We covered the way the brain works in these situations, hence why internet and text speak is so common now.

Anyway can we move away from the ridiculous flames and focus on something else please

Lutz do you think we really care how we write on the internet?
    i mean things like ? and ! are important but . or , arent[/b]
    You might not actively care, but passively, a certian feeling is given to those who do. Your style and conditioned manner of typing simply shows your personality, and how much care is put into what you say.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

You might not actively care, but passively, a certian feeling is given to those who do. Your style and conditioned manner of typing simply shows your personality, and how much care is put into what you say.[/b]
    not even that :/ run on sentences are no fun to read i dont use . but i use ... cuz thats how i talk irl, i dont stop full stop when im talking but i may take a quick stop to catch my breath :P, grantd grammatically the period does stand for a short stop i feel the elipses is a better representation on how people talk really

anyway . and , and ... in my case are important cuz would u rather read this:
    peolpe who talk like this without every stopping is just really annoying i mean how are we supposed to keep focused on what theyre saying if we have no clue when one thought ends and another starts dont u agree lutz its just so annoying i wish cows had wings people have ears did u know that lutz has a small penis but u wont know any of this cuz by now uve probably already stopped reading this and skipped to the end cuz u just want to find out what the final thought is well to answer your question my point is heres where it ends

or would u like to read something that actually seperates one thought from another

That Waz Eazy

poiz3n

let the MODS do there job and you dont have to point out the obvous things everytime
    we know its wrong section.. it will either get moved or locked sooner or later let it be..[/b]
    HI

3 day mute for offense language towards a forums member - went to far with the cursing and flaming rather then debating your point[/b]
    Really? Let us do our job, thanks.

Stop being bitter, and start seeing the fine line.

Banned

HI[/b]
    hi bro h34r:

closed... this is getting ridiculous

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123