Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Time machines

This is a discussion on Time machines within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; whats funny is the idiots who would use it on ko lolo[/b] Whats funny is people buy premium....
Page: 2

WarMachine

whats funny is the idiots who would use it on ko lolo[/b]
    Whats funny is people buy premium.

He sounds smart, but the idea is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So basically if I get like 500 laser pointers and make them into a cylinder shape I will make a time machine?

evilwevel

it's possible to build a time machine. every space shuttle is a time machine.

but it's only possible to move forward in time. check some wikipedia articles on Einstein's articles about time travel.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

no.[/b]
    /Win

No, but it is possible to travel so fast that you are actually slowing down time. However, we don't have anything capable of traveling that fast, yet.[/b]
    Ss or never happend.

but it's only possible to move forward in time. check some wikipedia articles on Einstein's articles about time travel.[/b]
    U fail at being a nerd.

but it's only possible to move forward in time. check some wikipedia articles on Einstein's articles about time travel.[/b]
    true for example theres 2 twins one livling on earth
    2nd traveling with light speed
    if 2nd would travel few minutes with that speed and he would stop his brother would be death in that time cuz for him it would be several dozen years (its just an example)

Xtr3m3

I know some basics stuff of this...but not really sure of the whole idea :unsure: In my opinion you could travel in time if and only if an alien is around or gives you his spaceship or something :lol: Humans will never get to that level (at least not anytime soon) Perhaps in couple of million years.

Is time travel possible

I know some basics stuff of this...but not really sure of the whole idea :unsure: In my opinion you could travel in time if and only if an alien is around or gives you his spaceship or something :lol: Humans will never get to that level (at least not anytime soon) Perhaps in couple of million years.

Is time travel possible[/b]
    our technology is growing exponentially so i think a couple of hundred of years would be a realistic mindset to our destruction let alone the creation of a time machine..

U ppl watch way too many movies. Reality however is that most of the things we know today are all theories. Anyone can make up some shit behind their desk, let them proove their right then.

U ppl watch way too many movies. Reality however is that most of the things we know today are all theories. Anyone can make up some shit behind their desk, let them proove their right then.[/b]

From your posts so far it looks like ur just plain ignorant.

I think that it would be possible _some_ day and that the light speed system would help with it

From your posts so far it looks like ur just plain ignorant.

I think that it would be possible _some_ day and that the light speed system would help with it[/b]
    Actually nop. I got a fair share of advanced physics in highschool. Thing is that noone rly has no idea how things rly work. Relativistic effects occur in everyday life (i.e satelites) and atm appear in a pretty nutty way to us (anyone knows how tv rly works?)

If some THEORIES show that time travel is possible then fine. But lets wait and see if they actually can build it. Theories fail and are being thrown away all the time (i.e neutrino theory prooved that there can be 1/2 of a quant....ffs)

Actually nop. I got a fair share of advanced physics in highschool. Thing is that noone rly has no idea how things rly work. Relativistic effects occur in everyday life (i.e satelites) and atm appear in a pretty nutty way to us (anyone knows how tv rly works?)

If some THEORIES show that time travel is possible then fine. But lets wait and see if they actually can build it. Theories fail and are being thrown away all the time (i.e neutrino theory prooved that there can be 1/2 of a quant....ffs)[/b]

its a theory, no one here said it will work for sure thats why i posted this topic, to see some insights. i think you're ignorant to say it can't happen.

Xtr3m3

our technology is growing exponentially so i think a couple of hundred of years would be a realistic mindset to our destruction let alone the creation of a time machine..[/b]
    Time machine is a couple of hundreds years? No

Traveling at the speed of light in a couple of hundreds years? Perhaps. Before we do that we need to travel to different planets in our solar system. Technology is one step at a time. After we do that we might travel at the speed of light or warp space. But who knows you might be right.

They already invented the holographic tv

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7fQ_EsMJMs&feature=channel_page" target="_blank">
    CNN Hologram TV
    </a>

Traveling at speed of light is possible because this clip proves it. Go to 2:15

UFO NASA&#39;s unexplained tether overload incident
    Is this clip real? I have no idea but it looks legit.

material body will never reach light speed thats how it is in practic and theory in curret time

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

some1 could explain it with easier words?

Speed

lol for those who cannot understand those fancy words
    heres a video that explains it very clearly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7vpw4AH8QQ

speed of light can be the key

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast