Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what do you think of metal

This is a discussion on what do you think of metal within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; i've been listening to this genre for 4 years and until rencently i've been wanting to share my passion for ...
Page: 1

Default what do you think of metal

i've been listening to this genre for 4 years and until rencently i've been wanting to share my passion for this music to others. but, my community is heavily influenced by hiphop , r&b etc. today at work a friend borrowed a mix tape i had and the first reaction "devil music" it got into such a debate everyone in the work area started in. i've never seen such ignorance, has this ever happened to anyone?

when i think of metal...
    i think.. men with really long hair screaming into their microphones while beating their guitars.

F-ck Yeah Senior Member evilstevil's Avatar

when i think of metal , i see black painted face's
    long black leather jackets..
    some concerts look like emo convention :S

but hey... i think like that for metal
    maybe metal fans think like that for r&b...
    or r&b fans think all the guys who listen to trance or electro are douchebags
    its also the same reason why we have hooligans..
    it is in oure nature to choose a side.
    Last edited by evilstevil; 08-13-2010 at 12:45 AM.

You should pm me first before making a topic about me.

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UgottabeOwned View Post
    i've been listening to this genre for 4 years and until rencently i've been wanting to share my passion for this music to others. but, my community is heavily influenced by hiphop , r&b etc. today at work a friend borrowed a mix tape i had and the first reaction "devil music" it got into such a debate everyone in the work area started in. i've never seen such ignorance, has this ever happened to anyone?
    they just don't know what the good music means I get this from my family everyday. Don't worry you're much more normal than the justinbieber-ladygaga-listeners. They like stupid, meaningless and easily receptible music which is dumb just like themselves. I apologize to every r'n'b fans but this is the truth...

thx, i mean i wont go against their opinions if it were't so close minded they just jumped to conclusions cause maybe of certain words they couldnt understand.

Uzu

lol gaudior. music is taste, it doesn't tell anything about someone's IQ....

however ppl should respect other peoples opinions... u don't, u're a dumb nazi

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uzu View Post
    lol gaudior. music is taste, it doesn't tell anything about someone's IQ....

however ppl should respect other peoples opinions... u don't, u're a dumb nazi
    @ topic: I don't really care about what kind of music others listening to untill they start to blame me for what I'm listening to. I also don't say that everyone should listen to the same music. I understand if someone likes pop music too but hearing ladygaga's shits for 500000. times makes me sick, I can't belive that many ppl don't feel like that and haven't realized yet that it's boring as fuck.

Und noch einmal, Ich habe schon paarmal gesagt, dass ich nicht nazi bin... Ich mag nicht die NSDAP, aber ich hasse sie auch nicht. zuzu

when i think of metal i see bunch of mental disabled people, losers whos think they r somebody because they listen the same crap this is their only way to get laid

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

i like the music but.. haaaaaaaate the

ROOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGRMBLMiateasp iderGRGRGRGRGRGRRGGRGRGR

A few of my friends like this type of music, but to be honest, it's not my kind of music, there's too much growling and screaming in most of the tracks I've heard... the guitar and drums are fine (most of the time), but the voices are just.... eewww....

Quote Originally Posted by RavouS View Post
    A few of my friends like this type of music, but to be honest, it's not my kind of music, there's too much growling and screaming in most of the tracks I've heard... the guitar and drums are fine (most of the time), but the voices are just.... eewww....
    Look for Instrumentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalkon View Post
    Look for Instrumentals.
    Why should I look for instrumentals?

Quote Originally Posted by RavouS View Post
    Why should I look for instrumentals?
    If the growling/screaming/bs that goes on in heavy metal bothers you, they're are plenty of instrumentals out there to get around that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUJilAbPQA]YouTube - Orion- Metallica[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqdwDxnH5bE]YouTube - Equilibrium - Best part of Mana[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Metalkon View Post
    If the growling/screaming/bs that goes on in heavy metal bothers you, they're are plenty of instrumentals out there to get around that.
    Well, I do listen to metallica once in a while, most of their work is fine, but the other one is just too heavy/fast to listen to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast