Free speech on the internet

This is a discussion on Free speech on the internet within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; For the record, this is not because of any issue regarding this forum. Ok, I am in the process of ...
Page: 1

Zxenke

For the record, this is not because of any issue regarding this forum.

Ok, I am in the process of debating this issue with someone and I would like some feedback from this community. On forums, we all know there is an End User Agreement that states the forum has the discretion to edit, move, censor, etc. Now, what about the rest of the internet? Web host's EUA's? How far does free speech on the internet extend.

It extends as far as the respective country's laws allow, obviously.

Zxenke

How encompassing is a web host's EUA though? How much does the EUA allow?

Because with what you said, we know there is no free speech here on this forum, as is with any other forum. They have the discretion to remove what they feel inappropriate, even if it does not violate any free speech law.

Banned

I have a suggestion to do if you do not find your answer.

Type what ever it is and see if the people where you posted it is taking actions on you/do things about the things you said.

Zxenke

I have no problem though. I was on the "forum admin" end of this argument. The issue arose because some things people said there I had to censor, and they got pissed, even though they did not read the EUA. It then spread to the entire internet, which is where it is debatable.