Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What foreign languages are taught at high school in your country?

This is a discussion on What foreign languages are taught at high school in your country? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; german korean japanese spanish french english as second language and i think chinese maybe? or maybe its a club? :P...
Page: 3

agendas

german korean japanese spanish french english as second language and i think chinese maybe? or maybe its a club? :P

Banned

i am in French class right now on this shity PC at lunch

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

german (nativ) and english/spanish/russian/latin als foreign no french on my last school^^

Im curious about that so please tell me.
    What foreign languages are taught at school in your country?
    In Poland the most common are :english,german,russian,french.
    Less common are italien,spanish, latin(not obligatory)[/b]
    In Puerto Rico
    English and Spanish Obligatory

Common in schools in this order:
    French
    Italian
    German
    Portuguese

Then in some Universities:
    Same as before
    Japanese
    Chinese
    Russian
    Korean

Private classes:
    Arab (I bit like turkish, many word in common but not all with the same meaning)

RE5PECTmf

In Serbia ( my school is one of retarded ) I learn except Serbian , English , French , German , Latin ( tho I have no idea what the fuck I need to learn language that no1 is speaking for last 2k years .. and I even wont study medicine or shit ) , and there is some Spanish / Italian after school section which would be too much for me :P

kamikadzeee

Lithuania: english, russian and german

French and German mandatory. Mandarin, Spanish and Latin optional. I think that french and german are mandatory in all schools here but no one takes languages seriously which is a shame.

There was only French at our school, which everyone just pissed around in/never went to.

French and German mandatory. Mandarin, Spanish and Latin optional. I think that french and german are mandatory in all schools here but no one takes languages seriously which is a shame.[/b]
    Thats how it is in the States. Unfortunately, many of the students who take regular classes at my school completely blow off Spanish. Personally, I think people everywhere should be taught a 2nd or 3rd language from Kindergarten (or Primary school or whatever else your first years in school might be called). I wish I had learned Spanish from the start, it would definitely make learning other "romantic" languages a lot easier.

For those who don't know, English is very much unlike any other language, at least any that I have encountered.

The problem is that for most people in the USA and the UK, there is no need to learn another language unless you spend a lot of time abroad whereas in most other countries it is essential. I blew off languages a lot at school also, even though i was good at it i didn't take it serious and now im older and i go to france quite often, i regret not being fluent in the language. It's one thing to be able to order beer, but it would be nice to just be able to strike up conversation about anything.

About the only french i can understand well is football commentary, because im always there during big tournaments in the summer lol.

Une biere, s&#39;il vous plait <waits 2 minutes for beer> Combien?!!!!?!?! ..........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123