Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

What makes someone old school?

This is a discussion on What makes someone old school? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; I consider someone as "Old School" when i see him doing things out of habit , things we did in ...
Page: 2

I consider someone as "Old School" when i see him doing things out of habit , things we did in "Old KO".

Like naming places : Mortal go scout DTS pls - But there arnt any dts now, only EW. Desert was : Pillar apo, Oasis and "3rd spot" . Center bowl was Castle not Bfrost ...

When he have knowledge about old players, clans, overall about the game as it is now and how it looked in the past. Memories.
    Maybe some playing habits and stuff like that.
    Such person dos not rly need to be skilled.
    Its nice to make a chat like : do u remember when we was farming dms in cz with our mages, and Bobert was riding us all the time ?
    At same time there was a GM notice : Bobert do not cheat with him combo and will not be banned < --- more or less like that.
    Well and ofc lot more but this is enough to show u image of "Old schooler " in my eyes.

Old School would refere to pre KE.

When there was pianna and breth and when u were god damn happy if u had a fp goblin pauldron.

Skills don&#39;t have anything to do with "Old Schoolness".

Old School is a phrase to describe a time when every1 was enjoying the exploration of the game.

I remember when I used to farm saber tooths in kalluga valley and then killing shadow seekers, and discovering that goblins are used to get good coins ( 1k per kill at that time was amazing ) and amazing armors! I remember being afraid of Kongaus on the other hill side of the goblin village.

And I personally think only people from older servers such as Ares, Dies, Xig and Bera who have play&#39;d for a long long time could be named oldschoolers.

Old School would refere to pre KE.

When there was pianna and breth and when u were god damn happy if u had a fp goblin pauldron.

Skills don&#39;t have anything to do with "Old Schoolness".

Old School is a phrase to describe a time when every1 was enjoying the exploration of the game.

I remember when I used to farm saber tooths in kalluga valley and then killing shadow seekers, and discovering that goblins are used to get good coins ( 1k per kill at that time was amazing ) and amazing armors! I remember being afraid of Kongaus on the other hill side of the goblin village.

And I personally think only people from older servers such as Ares, Dies, Xig and Bera who have play&#39;d for a long long time could be named oldschoolers.[/b]
    There was always someone luring Haunga Wariors to goblins, and after few min there wss like 20 bodies, and Haunga was "peacefully" returning to his spawn spot
    Oh and when Beramus was out, we was already split in "new" and "old" players. So i dont think so ;p

For me an oldschool player is someone who played the original knight online, before even KE.
    I personally admire all those players who got on a high point of the game that early, when everyone knows that gearing up there was kinda harder. When chitins +6 were good and they managed to get parts of shells +7,chitins +8 and highclass weapons at +7-8.
    Those clans who started server and managed to get 62-70 in a time when the average player was 55 on the server and ruled csw, ranking and bosses.

And there&#39;s also namewhores who, made once their name as a "gg", "oldschool" and abusing that name to flame everyone and telling he&#39;s best at that and that, eventhough he doesn&#39;t even play anymore.

Edit:
    Also, back in the days, turks weren&#39;t hated and i even made a char with _TR at end. I never would do this nowadays.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Anyone who played in the myko beta times is oldschool.

i would say anyone who played before shell was implented

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

people who played in MYKO beta <3 those old times ^^, i remember when seeing some1 with a mirage daggar WAS GODLY XD hahaha.

i miss those days

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

I think the reference to the "old school GG&#39;s!" is a stupid one. I think that a player should only be evaluated by his or her ability to perform ingame. Comparing the "old school" to the "new school" is pointless because no matter what it will end up in the newer players saying that the older players werent as skilled, and the old players saying that the new players are noobs.

The only thing I care about is if you can either give me a challenge as a 1v1 opponent, or if you are an excellent team player. Other than that I could hardly care less whether you played since beta, or of your past accomplishments. All that matters is what you can do now.

TheBloodyBeast

well mike, gotta say u deserve ur VIP status xDDD
    he said everything D:

im old school-- im over 3 years and counting playing ko -- i used to lvl by provoking pretty much all elmorad, i miss dat skill--- i can tell you i have exp in every spot possible, i done all types of farming( loved dm&#39;s in cz)
    and well every new expansion is a new world to discover..

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Old school could be considered the ones that played when the game was actually a challenge on most levels.
    Now that there&#39;s so many items for sell in the Power Up store, exp bonus, np bonus, defense, ap, etc etc.... makes the game much easier, at least to achieve a competitive level. So an old school would have to be someone that was particulary good when it was hard to play the game. Pre KE imo, there wasn&#39;t much difference between MYKO and USKO untill KE came along.

Example: Before KE, 62 was an accomplishment, most people reached 60-61 and stayed there due to how hard it was to keep exping afterwards. now being level 70 is comparable to being a lvl 55-60 back then. and 80 isn&#39;t even comparable to what 70 used to be.

im old school-- im over 3 years and counting playing ko -- i used to lvl by provoking pretty much all elmorad, i miss dat skill--- i can tell you i have exp in every spot possible, i done all types of farming( loved dm&#39;s in cz)
    and well every new expansion is a new world to discover..[/b]
    Haha. I loved vokeing.
    You start near TP to Piana in Eslant and get every single harpy. It took so long that i had my own buffer, that followed me to check my buffs. xD

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

voking in Piana/Karus was pointless, low exp and took forever. The only good voking back then was harpys. In MyKO, it reached such a level of low people/control, that whenever I was looking for an aoe party (as a rogue) the reply was "No thanks, we all have kohack so no need of swifter."

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

who needs voking in myko. i just switch on my macro n woot :lol:

no but seriously voking in cz used to be awesome :blink: n then w0lf will keep coming to disturb us n i rmb we had apprehensive as our priest <3

When Ares and Diez were the only servers in USKO. Thats when I started playing. 4 yrs+ I think it is now.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast