Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What Are You Doing In The Army?

This is a discussion on What Are You Doing In The Army? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Not everyone knows what IDF is.[/b] sorry, Israel Defense Force....
Page: 2

Trawma

Not everyone knows what IDF is.[/b]
    sorry, Israel Defense Force.

the English one Senior Member Turbanator's Avatar

the marines designate their MOS's by number, 03 being infantry, 0311 being infantry rifleman, there are other MOS's that deal with weapons like machine guns, mortars, anti-tank, and assaultman (breachers, or "super-grunts") their numbers are 0341 mortarmen, 0331 machinegunner, 0351 assaultmen, 0352, anti-armor guided missileman,

im plain 0311, basic rifleman, im in the line companies, I have an m4, i am my squads RTO - radio transmitter operator, the guy that carries the heavy ass radio that is likely the first one to die. in my platoon i am 3rd squad, 1st team, mostly the assault element of the squad, (the people that will die first).

if you have any more questions about what i do let me know, i was training with m1a1 abrams tanks about 2 weeks ago for tank-infantry integration so we can get the feel for what its like to actually patrol with them. those things make a lot of fucking noise and i would not want to ever patrol with one at all. its a bullet magnet, and u cant be tactical with it because the enemy knows exactly where u are at all times. but if u think about how cool it is to say that u have been 3 feet away from a tank rolling right by u in a town is pretty awesome.[/b]

better not die josh ill miss you

:mellow:

lol dro cracked me up with the soap comment xD

Banned

better not die josh ill miss you

:mellow:[/b]
    yeah, not sure if i can promise u that cause honestly, i dont really like to think about it. war is war, and those that have to die i guess its just their time. thinking about your own death doesnt really hit you until its staring at you in the face. me and my buddies joke around sometimes about how we should write death letters to our family, but when u actually sit down and try to write one being all serious, its not the easiest thing, because they could be your last words to the ones you love.

some people hate me alot for what i do, but i have no say in where i go and who i fight, im only doing my job. dont ask me why i chose infantry, because honestly something in me wanted to do it. sometimes i regret it, but other times i think to myself that while other marines will take the credit for what i do, i know im the one that really did it, and that makes me feel better.

Trawma

i have soon a test for shayetet 13, hope they will accept me.
    what is shayetet 13? it is the israeli comando force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPpUXbPvWtQ

Seekor

Always wanted to join the army/marines but couldn't do the pt that they do because of asthma but I am considering training when I leave college to get in better shape and try and join the army as a member of the infantry. I don't know its just something about that seems like something you have do before you die and I don't want to miss out on it. Would someone mind posting the requirements for pt in the army it would be greatly appreciated.

I will try find what u need to do to get in there.. OYK is the speciall army team in the Greece. Only 100 ppl and less are in there from WHOLE GREECE.. Means u must have a perfect body to take u in .. A lot of ppl tried but only a small amount of em did succes.. As far as i know u must swim like 6 mil's make some practice with weapons, run some km with lot's of weight on u and do more extrime and crazy thinks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9k5ckob_mU

All this ppl got perfect body's...

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Finnish army > The US army

Being in the army was one of the best and funniest experiences of my life :lol:

Arthurios

Wanted to join the dutch airforce but failed for my eyes, sucks pretty much so I can't succeed with my tests, fortunatly I already past for the hardest 2 of them and they count for 1 year, in May I am going to laser my eyes and 6 months after that going to let them test my eyes again.

killer2675

im taking the asvab today then tomorrow i take my physical then in june i will be shipped out to BT

what did you get on the asvab?

Banned

46 - Got in communications, 25U . I will get a overview @ goarmy.com soon but every since this morning my internet has been running hella slow and i can't load the website.

killer2675

sorry to bump old topic but..

i leave june 11th which is 5 days after i graduate highschool i cant wait lol
    got pt todays a week and then im leaving lol

Wanted to join the dutch airforce but failed for my eyes, sucks pretty much so I can't succeed with my tests, fortunatly I already past for the hardest 2 of them and they count for 1 year, in May I am going to laser my eyes and 6 months after that going to let them test my eyes again.[/b]
    when it's up already

Drop Da Bomb!

sorry to bump old topic but..

i leave june 11th which is 5 days after i graduate highschool i cant wait lol
    got pt todays a week and then im leaving lol[/b]

gl its nothing like u expect for me it was to easy, and i made the mistake of joining the national guard .
    now im transferring to active duty and its taking freaking forever ive already waited 7months. Hopefully ill get stationed in Germany with some of my battle buddies

Stfu Dro. Almost 80% of your comments are useless.

Anyways hopefully I will be a pilot of an apache helicopter or an officer in a recon company.[/b]
    Sure 80% of his posts are useless but 99% of yours are also :\

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast