Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Whats your fav. quote?

This is a discussion on Whats your fav. quote? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Dont run from ur fears, face them. A man that fights and runs away, lives to fight another day. My ...
Page: 3

Z3non

Dont run from ur fears, face them.
    A man that fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.
    My love for u burns as much as hells flames ( made by me aga xD )
    Do on to others before they do on to you.

cRuX

Good Evening

Allow me first to apologize for this interruption.

I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine; the security, the familiar, the tranquility, repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke.

But what is it we spend each day doing?

Where do our taxes end up, and are we guilty of any crimes they fund?

Our governments choose to use war instead of conversation

Words will always retain their power.

Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the annunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this world, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance, and oppression.

Where once you had the freedom to object, think, and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillence coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, but truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to those who promised you order, promised you peace, and all they demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

Our governments and nations are built on a history of slavery and genocide.

Pledge your support to peace and freedom of expression and we can build a new nation.

One that does not judge us by our mask of genes and geography.

One that is built on the opinions of each and everyone of its citizens.

A global nation

V for Vendetta.

Originally posted by cRuX
    Good Evening

I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine; the security, the familiar, the tranquility, repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke.

Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the annunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this world, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance, and oppression.

Where once you had the freedom to object, think, and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillence coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, but truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to those who promised you order, promised you peace, and all they demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

Pledge your support to peace and freedom of expression and we can build a new nation.

A global nation

V for Vendetta.
    Love that movie.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by Babek
    "We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold." - Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
    that movie is soo awesome... the part where johnny deap wakes up all druged up with a cocodrile tail is fucking great :lol:

cRuX

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-cRuX
    Good Evening

A global nation

V for Vendetta.
    Love that movie.[/b]
    I was going to post the Voil! speech but Decided on this one :P

"life is like a deck of cards, destiny deals you a hand, and its up to you to play it." -unknown

"If you dont take risks, you'll have wasted a soul." -drew barrymore

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. -- Albert Einstein

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. -- Winston Churchill

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him. -- Buddha

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.-- Abraham Lincoln

cRuX

"America is about speed........hot, nasty, bad ass speed." -Eleanor Roosevelt - 1936

My favorite quote would be anything form V for Vendetta, like i said, i love that movie. My gf's favorite quote is "Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take...........But the one who takes your breath away" (only posted that because she asked me to :P)

cRuX

Originally posted by Shurt
    My favorite quote would be anything form V for Vendetta, like i said, i love that movie. My gf's favorite quote is "Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take...........But the one who takes your breath away" (only posted that because she asked me to :P)
    You're such a sweetheart shurt h43r:

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

pussy wiped h43r:

Ruthless

thats a quote from the movie Hitch, starring Will Smith. i just saw it a few hours ago :lol:

Ruthless

i got a few more, sum of them r serious so i'll seperate it from the funny ones.

serious one: "do the unexpected, attack the unprepared" - Zhuge Liang

more funny ones:

Kung pow: Enter the Fist

"If u've got an ass, i'll kick it!" - Wimp Lo
    " Face to foot style huh? well try My Nuts to ur Fist style HIYA!" - Wimp Lo
    " Your story makes my heart heavy...and my Prostate weak" - Master Tang
    "WEEEOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEOOOOO PEOOOOEOEEEEEEEOOOOO" - Ling
    " When u got hit by Betty...u did scream like a wussy" - Mufasa
    " Wat do u get, when u cross an owl with a bungee cord?...........my ass" - Betty/Master Pain
    "It is an honour to hav u come beating random people in our town" - Villager :lol:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." ~Jules, Pulp Fiction

TunaFishyMe

I thought V for Vendetta was kinda weak.
    The story has been done so many times previously...the movie didnt really take it to the next step.
    I also dont see how "V" is any different than the government. The way he "brings truth" to that woman is also through manipulation. The letters may have been real but he placed it for her to read, thus he manipulated her or coerced her into her thinking.
    He also kills to bring out the revolution.
    Personally, I think this movie was a bit overrated.

Deftones

"I'm gay" - Me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast