Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Where Do You Work?

This is a discussion on Where Do You Work? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; My Job : Electrical Engineer Where : Advance Micro Devices What I Do : Work with an Automated Testing Equipment ...
Page: 3

TunaFishyMe

My Job : Electrical Engineer
    Where : Advance Micro Devices
    What I Do : Work with an Automated Testing Equipment (ATE) to make timing measurements in the graphic chip to make sure it meets the specifications.

I am an Intern and I do not make 6 figures

hey can u play ko over there? thats messed up if u can lol.[/b]
    I plan to get a Laptop for gaming, I have been playing SNES Emulators lately on the slow computer and talking on msn/forums. :P

what if someone actually robs the place?[/b]
    I'm the guy who says that its being robbed or was robbed, not the guy who takes any action, besides I live in Canada so I can at least feel safer.

Why does a security guard have a computer?[/b]
    For putting in my hours and some other stuff, nothing else

12 hour shifts of that shit i would kill myself that is no way to live.[/b]
    3-4 days a week, the rest of the week I get off.

do you have a wife? how old are you?[/b]
    No wife and I am 21 years old

will you ever get out of that dead end job and find a career?[/b]
    Its better than nothing right now but I may take some courses for something better.

Do you live in an apartment or wut?![/b]
    I am using my mothers house as a place to sleep, I am gonna save most of my easy-earned money for a few years and buy a $30-40k house (would cost $200k in the states but houses are cheap as hell here)

Even if I still have an $8/hr job after I buy the house then I live on easy streak from then on.

My Job: Pallet Racker
    Where: In Warehouses
    What i do: Pull down existing racks, Stand new racks, mezzanine floors, all types of Storage for warehouses (shelving, pallet racking, freezers/coolroom deepstore)

Previous Jobs: Container emptier 6months xD and i worked in a Quarry for a year.. Oh and was a cleaner when i was 14 in a Butchers for $45 a week (6 hours)

$25 an hour and Saturdays/Sundays are $50 an hour.. So i pull home $1000 - 1800 (before tax) a week depends if i work weekends. Aussie Dollar

Banned Senior Member

12 hour shifts aren't bad. A full work month for me is the following:

Go in for four night shifts ( 7pm-7am )
    Three days off
    Three Day shifts ( 7am-7pm )
    One day off
    Three Night Shifts
    Three days off
    Four Day Shifts
    Seven days off

Rine and repeat, work 14 days a month, get paid the same as people who work 21 days a month, get holidays, benifits, and with the week off every month I can make plans, and if you add it all up, I get 3 months off a year before vacations/holidays Vs others 1-2 weeks off a year

im a volunteer firefighter in my spare time.. whats left after work no life for me

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

im a student but its where i work and go to school. 4 days work and 1 day school in the week. does this count as well?

My Job: Finishing Assistant
    Where: Transcontinental Printing: RBW Graphics (Printing Factory)
    What I do: Various things as a Finishing Assistant. When working on the pockets, making sure each one of them is loaded, and any papers that could possibly jam the machine have to be removed. All depending on that job, each section of the print could go by quickly or slowly so having multiple pockets ( usually 3, sometimes around 5 ) can either be easy or bothersome if it's going too quickly.

If on a loader, then making sure the entire part of the machine is fully loaded with each stack ( usually around 3000-6000 sections ) and just like before, making sure that any of the sections that could possibly jam the machine or cause rejects to come out must be removed.

When on the end of the line, could be doing a few things. Usually it's just piling down the orders onto skids. Getting them from the machine and then placing them in a certain order on the skid. After about 140 or so bundles ( about 1100 books or so ) remove the skid, call the people over with the computer who take it to shipping, and get a new skid ready to go. Each skid takes ~10 mins to do or so, I prefer doing this because it seems to make the time go by faster. When doing Mailing, it's essentially the same but each skid is different sized and if there are rejects made from earlier, then we need to add the re-ordered prints in the correct bundles since these are all inkjetted for customer's addresses, they all need to be together.

The few times i've been on the press... eh.... being the lowest ranked person there just means when the machine jams or rips the paper going through it, I sit there and watch while the rest of them fix the issue.

12 hour shifts, they vary from days to nights each week with 7 days a month and 7 nights a month. But I do work part time right now so I'm not always needed for those shifts. It's one of the better places to work here.... however it's not exactly a place to plan my own future at[/b]
    you should be writting the books not printing them.
    fuck your like the only person i know who can right so much about being a photocopier, kinda made t seem interesting

Arthurios

My Job: Student (International Business School ftw in Groningen/Netherlands (http://ibsgroningen.com/ )) Failed for my eyes for the airforce so need to wait 2 years when I can laser it so thatswhy I chose to get a degree first at the university and I am working at a Callcenter
    Where: At KPN a Dutch phone and internet provider.
    What I Do: Helping customers with there problems and give answers on there questions (inbound)
    Its a pretty easy job sitting al day long and waiting till you get someone on the phone (spare time enough for games or msn/internet or something) And I get 10€ per hour for it. Sundays 200% so 20€ an hour. Its good for a student.

I plan to get a Laptop for gaming, I have been playing SNES Emulators lately on the slow computer and talking on msn/forums. :P
    I'm the guy who says that its being robbed or was robbed, not the guy who takes any action, besides I live in Canada so I can at least feel safer.
    For putting in my hours and some other stuff, nothing else
    3-4 days a week, the rest of the week I get off.
    No wife and I am 21 years old
    Its better than nothing right now but I may take some courses for something better.
    I am using my mothers house as a place to sleep, I am gonna save most of my easy-earned money for a few years and buy a $30-40k house (would cost $200k in the states but houses are cheap as hell here)

Even if I still have an $8/hr job after I buy the house then I live on easy streak from then on. [/b]
    30$-40$K ? LOL.
    how far up north do you live?

Arthurios

its a 40k$ iglo with airconditioning

Its a large town thats getting full of retired people thats 20min away from a city, the mill closed down and house prices cut in half over the period of a couple years. People who live metro lives are in a whole new world of expensive stuff where you need a good education and job/career to have an average or crappy house.

The land that the mill took up is going to be replace by a college or something to attract younger people and lots of other stuff unless that idea was ditched.

Back on Topic plx

Serva

Job: OPS (Operational Problem Solver)
    where: TVH Forklift Parts (SMH for the American)
    description: We sell forkilft parts all over the world, getting in 4500 orders average a day, with about 15000 different pieces a day. My job is to control the people taking out the pieces from the shelves on mistakes, as also the people wrapping them in for sending. Also, i have to make sure that every order gets out in time: every transport company/ country has a different departure time.
    Final part of the job has the most to do with the name: If anyone has any kind of problem with an order, they need to contact me, and then i can search for a solution for them. no need to explain i need to know the whole system in the company.

Job: OPS (Operational Problem Solver)
    where: TVH Forklift Parts (SMH for the American)
    description: We sell forkilft parts all over the world, getting in 4500 orders average a day, with about 15000 different pieces a day. My job is to control the people taking out the pieces from the shelves on mistakes, as also the people wrapping them in for sending. Also, i have to make sure that every order gets out in time: every transport company/ country has a different departure time.
    Final part of the job has the most to do with the name: If anyone has any kind of problem with an order, they need to contact me, and then i can search for a solution for them. no need to explain i need to know the whole system in the company.[/b]
    Do you supply parts to Coates?

Serva

Do you supply parts to Coates?[/b]
    Most likely yes, but since i see you're from Australia, it would go through our company over there, called TVH Australasia
    Anyway, we sell to different distributors, and 90% of the pieces all over the world passed through us.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Does working on the corner count?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast