Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Why are some people stupid?

This is a discussion on Why are some people stupid? within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Theyr just stupid and over....
Page: 2

IMPACT!

Theyr just stupid and over.

stonepilot1421

i think its just how they were born, so genetic i guess. almost everyone i know who has a sibling, if they r smart their sibling is smart, and stupid=stupid sibling. some peoples brains understand things better i guess
    i have gone thru school my whole life(freshmen in high school) not trying hard at doing anything, and have never been below a 3.5 gpa. while some of my friends try just as much as me and they barely pass their classes. other ppl study and try hard to get up to grades i have. i just learn things w/o even trying to understand. things just make sense for me =)

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Add most social factors and cultural backround to poor education and u got the most of it. Ignorance usually comes from culture and/or social lvl (and standing).

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

because its cool to be stupid, yo.

Hey cutie Senior Member

because its cool to be stupid, yo.[/b]
    you know , that actually might be true

alot of people nowdays act real stupid and dumb just to be liked by others in our surrondings.

i could explain it further but i cannot be stuffed to atm,

but im sure alot of you know what i mean by this .

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

you know , that actually might be true

alot of people nowdays act real stupid and dumb just to be liked by others in our surrondings.

i could explain it further but i cannot be stuffed to atm,

but im sure alot of you know what i mean by this .[/b]

and we're back to my mainstream theory.

Phosgene

there is a genetic influence , but society has its cut in determining whether if we'll be stupid or not , because the brain develops when its being stimulated , and where there are no schools (e.g 3rd world countries) , of course the average IQ level will be lower than for example western europe . if the kid's brain will be stimulated , it will be developed . if not , it wont be much developed . thats what so good about humans , we are all born with the ability to learn .

Banned

Blame the Canadians.

feel free to correct me if im wrong, but if most people were beyond the average intelligence, wouldn't the 'average' line go a little higher? :P[/b]
    I will correct you, thanks. Intelligence can be displayed as a normal distribution curve in which most people would fall into the middle. Very few people are of very high intelligence or very low intelligence.

Comma splice

Most people are of average intelligence; the difference is that some are ignorant and poorly educated.

So are you ignorant or poorly educated?[/b]
    Why the fuck are you nit-picking my grammar on an off topic internet forum with the intent of implying that I am stupid when you cannot form a sentence? If you're going to be a retarded grammar nazi then do it properly or shut the fuck up.

To clarify my original point; I think that intelligence and education are mutually exclusive and many people mistake one for the other. The famous mathematician Ramanujan was brought up in a poor Indian household with very little access to education of any sort, but turned out to be one of the most gifted geniuses in history. Some people just have a natural capacity to reduce a problem to first principles and solve it without the use of peer knowledge or education.

Don't mess with Zero XD

Anyways...Most people are stupid because of the lack of education and the stupid media.

sexyrexy

i think it depends on the kid and what they like.. grades show nothing for intelligence.. They are a mere tool to urge kids to try harder because there is a certain "level" of intelligence that is used as a benchmark. And if you are below this benchmark are you stupid? no you could be a genius in a completely different subject/study.

For example
    If i hate english and get C's that makes me "average"... well what if i get A's in the hardest Math in the entire school does that make me "intelligent"?

People will normally succeed in what they like to do.

You may call me ignorant for hating a subject and not trying hard but im a realist i'm going into engineering i dont need to have super proper grammar for that.

TunaFishyMe

i think it depends on the kid and what they like.. grades show nothing for intelligence.. They are a mere tool to urge kids to try harder because there is a certain "level" of intelligence that is used as a benchmark. And if you are below this benchmark are you stupid? no you could be a genius in a completely different subject/study.

For example
    If i hate english and get C's that makes me "average"... well what if i get A's in the hardest Math in the entire school does that make me "intelligent"?

People will normally succeed in what they like to do.

You may call me ignorant for hating a subject and not trying hard but im a realist i'm going into engineering i dont need to have super proper grammar for that.[/b]
    sorry, thats a big myth.
    i hated english too. When you go into engineering, its true you wont be analyzing shakespear and other homos like that. However, you have to write technical reports about projects and stuff where you do need to display proper grammar and sentence structure. Its annoying.

Banned

Why the fuck are you nit-picking my grammar on an off topic internet forum with the intent of implying that I am stupid when you cannot form a sentence? If you're going to be a retarded grammar nazi then do it properly or shut the fuck up.

To clarify my original point; I think that intelligence and education are mutually exclusive and many people mistake one for the other. The famous mathematician Ramanujan was brought up in a poor Indian household with very little access to education of any sort, but turned out to be one of the most gifted geniuses in history. Some people just have a natural capacity to reduce a problem to first principles and solve it without the use of peer knowledge or education.[/b]
    Somone has been taking finite math. Normal Distribution curve, mutually exclusive, Ramanujan, what else? E(x) = np?

You are using statistics (where results are always if not most of the times skewed) to explain intelligence - a hypothetical construct. A big NO NO DUM DUM. I guess you can do that with LOTS OF CONFOUNDS you freak.

Oh by the way, education and intelligence is not "mutually exclusive". You using mathematical concepts (which are learned in school) to "prove your intelligence" on an offline forum proves it.

I was assuming that you were trying to "prove your intelligence" because you flamed someone for correcting your grammar ON AN OFFTOPIC GAMING FORUM.

Banned

For the people who don't know what mutually exclusive means:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast