Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

World ending in 9 days.

This is a discussion on World ending in 9 days. within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; http://dailyreferendum.blogspot.com/2008/0...d-man-made.html...
Page: 1

No it's not silly. It has been done many time before.

seems kinda farfetchd to me, if it were an actual big deal thats gonna effect the whole wolrd im sure the US would go in and fack em up.

but NOOOOO my birthdayis on the 13th :S:S

Banned

Yaaaaaay! We're all gonnna die

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

old news, they've been doing these experiments for a while, it's perfectly harmless. Any black hole created lasts for a few fractions of a second before it goes away. The remains of these microscopic black holes are what scientists study.

Banned Senior Member

Ahh the LHC, when that switch is pulled everyone get your crowbars

Speed

old news, they've been doing these experiments for a while, it's perfectly harmless. Any black hole created lasts for a few fractions of a second before it goes away. The remains of these microscopic black holes are what scientists study.[/b]

i think this is the first time they gonna do this kinda experiment... but im not sure tho

i think this is the first time they gonna do this kinda experiment... but im not sure tho[/b]
    I know for a fact that they've been building this machine for quite some time, there's one in the US as well. A lot of people say it's unsafe, but the lives of these black holes is quicker than you blink, and their size is microscopic. They die, and whatever remains is what is studied. As far as I can tell, there isn't any risk with the colliders.

Kinda said what I already posted, but I do remember hearing something about them already having tested at least one of the particle colliders.....oh well. In case any one is wondering, what the silly thing does is shoot particles at like 99% speed of light, and when they collide, the energy from the collision creates a very small, very weak black hole. There isn't enough energy in those particles to create a black hole big enough to swallow the earth. An ordinary black hole is created when a star much larger than our sun blows up. The amount of energy created from these machines is NOWHERE near that power, and nothing on the whole planet is either.

Banned Senior Member

The smaller the blackhole is, the faster it dissapears, and these things are pretty damn small the moment they are there, they are gone

fu phantom, first you deny me my new title, then you sum up my whole post in 1 sentence. meanie.

Banned

Shit happens...

Banned

fu phantom, first you deny me my new title, then you sum up my whole post in 1 sentence. meanie. [/b]
    Phantom is gayzor, it seems like he feels not concerned about us dieing soon (0.01% chance)

Psy

Remember Spiderman? Doctor Octavius's experiment? Well, it's a little like that.

i guess "becuase it hasnt happened yet" is good enough reason

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast