Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WoW mage own

This is a discussion on WoW mage own within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div> Originally posted by sMooFy+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sMooFy) Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan <!--QuoteBegin-sMooFy @ <!--QuoteBegin-nfw for me i ...
Page: 2

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    Originally posted by sMooFy+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sMooFy)
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan
    <!--QuoteBegin-sMooFy
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-nfw

for me i hate mages dosnt mater how <_< im a warrior as everyone says im nothing but a meat bag sent out to save there asses zz

then u cant play Warrior...

if u know how to play a Warrior, u can pwn t2+ random equipped classes even with blue pvp-gear -_-

Oh you think so? Perhaps you'd like to make/show a video to prove it? Considering T2 equipped noobs can 4 shot you as a blue equipped warrior I find this claim quite contradictory.

I got crit with a frostbolt for 4994 dmg on my 60 warrior once. That was the first time I questioned WoW as a PvP game.
    seems like ur talking about AV or smth like that...
    in a simple 1on1 mages are just easy kills. ur rushing them and keep it "crittin"..u just need to have u have ur charge ready when he blinks
    frostnova pwned by insignia...and i guess u know that "Execute > all"

its just as i said..skilled Warrior > Skilled Mage

actually its...Rogues > Shamans,Priests,Mages,Paladins,Warlocks(xcept destro-locks). Warriors > Rogues > Shamans,Priests,Mages,Paladins,Warlocks[/b]
    No, I'm talking about anytime. The warrior trinket does not break sheep so a good mage will sheep you and back off. If its a three minute mage, you will die before you get a chance. If it isn't, he can use blink, polymorph, iceblock, or frost nova to get away and keep pounding you. I'm not speaking "theorycraft" here either, I'm speaking of near a year's experience against countless mages, the vast majority of which ended in my death because mages have a massive advantage against warriors in WoW. (And that is only one interesting dynamic). I could beat some mages if they didn't totally outgear me but there was never anything I could do if they 2 shotted me, which t2 mages are perfectly capable of doing no matter what their skill level. In fact, regardless of class, I found epicced out characters impossible to beat. Later on my half epicced rogue, I matched most people I faced but grew tired of waiting in line to PK. (Queues suck).

Gear owns all in WoW, if you disagree apparently you didn't play at level 60 against level 60s.

I would like to hear from Alex, poptart, and antiriad when they get 60. I believe they will sing a very different tune after 1 month of that because that's exactly what happened to me, I loved the early game and hated the endgame passionately. I have many theories why 6 million people play WoW, none of them include that the game is actually any good.[/b][/quote]

"Gear owns all in WoW, if you disagree apparently you didn't play at level 60 against level 60s."

thats actually TOTALLY bullshit..when u say "Gear ownz skill" it means like..WoW is a game which is based on time, u got NO idea.
    I played WoW for over 1 and a half year and just stopped 3 days ago. WoW isnt based on time..its based on ur skill, and ur will to win. Try to play ur Warrior on the limit..dont care about ur HP or the dmg of ur opponent. Ur talking about sheep? Charge, harmstring or piercing howl..he blinks away and start to cast...he wont move (atleast u should know that u cannot move while casting)..try to put a Pummel on him. Frostnova? Insignia....Iceblock? beat on him to gain Rage..when he blinks ur Charge is 100% ready again..and thats it..Sheep = Pummel...."HK ftw"

seriously..i see the point of ur post..but to me it seems like u allways got ganked and now ur desperated about WoW..try to get more infos b4 saying "Gear > Skill" or "Mages have massive advantage over Warriors"

Its a long post..and my english suxx..but i hope u could what i tried to tell ya

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by sMooFy+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sMooFy)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Yun_Yuuzhan

No, I'm talking about anytime. *The warrior trinket does not break sheep so a good mage will sheep you and back off. *If its a three minute mage, you will die before you get a chance. *If it isn't, he can use blink, polymorph, iceblock, or frost nova to get away and keep pounding you. *I'm not speaking "theorycraft" here either, I'm speaking of near a year's experience against countless mages, the vast majority of which ended in my death because mages have a massive advantage against warriors in WoW. *(And that is only one interesting dynamic). *I could beat some mages if they didn't totally outgear me but there was never anything I could do if they 2 shotted me, which t2 mages are perfectly capable of doing no matter what their skill level. *In fact, regardless of class, I found epicced out characters impossible to beat. *Later on my half epicced rogue, I matched most people I faced but grew tired of waiting in line to PK. *(Queues suck). *

Gear owns all in WoW, if you disagree apparently you didn't play at level 60 against level 60s.

I would like to hear from Alex, poptart, and antiriad when they get 60. *I believe they will sing a very different tune after 1 month of that because that's exactly what happened to me, I loved the early game and hated the endgame passionately. *I have many theories why 6 million people play WoW, none of them include that the game is actually any good.
    "Gear owns all in WoW, if you disagree apparently you didn't play at level 60 against level 60s."

thats actually TOTALLY bullshit..when u say "Gear ownz skill" it means like..WoW is a game which is based on time, u got NO idea.
    I played WoW for over 1 and a half year and just stopped 3 days ago. WoW isnt based on time..its based on ur skill, and ur will to win. Try to play ur Warrior on the limit..dont care about ur HP or the dmg of ur opponent. Ur talking about sheep? Charge, harmstring or piercing howl..he blinks away and start to cast...he wont move (atleast u should know that u cannot move while casting)..try to put a Pummel on him. Frostnova? Insignia....Iceblock? beat on him to gain Rage..when he blinks ur Charge is 100% ready again..and thats it..Sheep = Pummel...."HK ftw"

seriously..i see the point of ur post..but to me it seems like u allways got ganked and now ur desperated about WoW..try to get more infos b4 saying "Gear > Skill" or "Mages have massive advantage over Warriors"

Its a long post..and my english suxx..but i hope u could what i tried to tell ya [/b]
    Apparently you quit when the beta ended, because that's not at all how the WoW I played works. For one thing, you don't gain rage striking a shielded or iceblocked target, and charge is not useable in combat anymore. You play KO, right? Good combo and decent level > items, hands down. Unless you get someone insanely stacked with +3 uniques and +9 items, of course. WoW was different because full epics = godhood. Blue warriors have 4.1k hp, purples have 5.5k. Purples also generate rage faster and hit twice as hard. You're telling me skill can overcome that when there is no way to combo in WoW? This isn't extreme sports, its a video game. "Mentality" has little to do with it when your opponent can rape you with a few key presses :rollseyes:

As for how WoW isn't based on time......people in full epics have been playing regularly for at least 4 months in most cases. Most of the epicced out people I fought were noobs, yet they won because of superior stats. Time matters a lot more in WoW than it does in KO and it has been said many times that WoW has two kinds of 60s: 60 and epic 60. If you disagree, try decking a 60 out in green/blue gear and fighting against purple geared 60s and make a movie.

For the record, I played in a top guild on my rogue and raided for awhile, experienced all three BGs, and indulged in world PvP. On my warrior, I just PvPed a lot in the BGs with a touch of world PvP. The end experience was the same - you can't do shit when there is no comboing, extremely limited healing (aka no spammable pots), no sliding, excessive crowd control, unbalanced classes, and ridiculous gear advantages. You sir, sound like a hardcore raider that doesn't want the system to change because you enjoy 3 shotting everyone. I met many of your kind on the WoW forums, and I'll thank you to waste your energies defending a flawed game over there; I've little interest in arguing the game's shortcomings anymore. Let's just agree to disagree and see if the OPs will deliver their synopsis of WoW once they reach the vaunted 60, hmm? B)

Aqu

If you spend the time and effort getting the purples then you deserve the advantage. If you cant take it, reroll to a newer server ^_^

I just like to think WoW isnt the same as KO, its not all PvP based, which KO is. Its PvE with PvP when you so desire.

I think its fun that way

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Aqu
    ...I just like to think WoW isnt the same as KO, its not all PvP based, which KO is. Its PvE with PvP when you so desire....
    To each his own, that is exactly the reason I quit. One sentence has never summed up my feelings so well. ^_^

FluB

Originally posted by sMooFy

"Gear owns all in WoW, if you disagree apparently you didn't play at level 60 against level 60s." *

Its a long post..and my english suxx..but i hope u could what i tried to tell ya
    I've played wow for a while, had myself a lvl 60 warlock with some epics, my brother has a lvl 60 mage decked out in full purple

The advantage of a mage over a warrior is easy to see, first charge they just frostnova and run away. Then they sheep and start casting frostbolts and spam those, second charge they just blink out and keep frostbolting. With frostbite ull even get stuck once in a while and when u reach him for the 3rd time its cone of cold and incase needed frost block... by that time he has frostnova ready again for next intercept... and the trinket is a 2 min cooldown and doesnt work against sheep

a warrior with good gear can 2shot a mage yes, but 1vs1 when they see him comming its mage > warrior.

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    Originally posted by sMooFy@

No, I'm talking about anytime. *The warrior trinket does not break sheep so a good mage will sheep you and back off. *If its a three minute mage, you will die before you get a chance. *If it isn't, he can use blink, polymorph, iceblock, or frost nova to get away and keep pounding you. *I'm not speaking "theorycraft" here either, I'm speaking of near a year's experience against countless mages, the vast majority of which ended in my death because mages have a massive advantage against warriors in WoW. *(And that is only one interesting dynamic). *I could beat some mages if they didn't totally outgear me but there was never anything I could do if they 2 shotted me, which t2 mages are perfectly capable of doing no matter what their skill level. *In fact, regardless of class, I found epicced out characters impossible to beat. *Later on my half epicced rogue, I matched most people I faced but grew tired of waiting in line to PK. *(Queues suck). *

I would like to hear from Alex, poptart, and antiriad when they get 60. *I believe they will sing a very different tune after 1 month of that because that's exactly what happened to me, I loved the early game and hated the endgame passionately. *I have many theories why 6 million people play WoW, none of them include that the game is actually any good.

Apparently you quit when the beta ended, because that's not at all how the WoW I played works. For one thing, you don't gain rage striking a shielded or iceblocked target, and charge is not useable in combat anymore. You play KO, right? Good combo and decent level > items, hands down. Unless you get someone insanely stacked with +3 uniques and +9 items, of course. WoW was different because full epics = godhood. Blue warriors have 4.1k hp, purples have 5.5k. Purples also generate rage faster and hit twice as hard. You're telling me skill can overcome that when there is no way to combo in WoW? This isn't extreme sports, its a video game. "Mentality" has little to do with it when your opponent can rape you with a few key presses :rollseyes:

As for how WoW isn't based on time......people in full epics have been playing regularly for at least 4 months in most cases. Most of the epicced out people I fought were noobs, yet they won because of superior stats. Time matters a lot more in WoW than it does in KO and it has been said many times that WoW has two kinds of 60s: 60 and epic 60. If you disagree, try decking a 60 out in green/blue gear and fighting against purple geared 60s and make a movie.

For the record, I played in a top guild on my rogue and raided for awhile, experienced all three BGs, and indulged in world PvP. On my warrior, I just PvPed a lot in the BGs with a touch of world PvP. The end experience was the same - you can't do shit when there is no comboing, extremely limited healing (aka no spammable pots), no sliding, excessive crowd control, unbalanced classes, and ridiculous gear advantages. You sir, sound like a hardcore raider that doesn't want the system to change because you enjoy 3 shotting everyone. I met many of your kind on the WoW forums, and I'll thank you to waste your energies defending a flawed game over there; I've little interest in arguing the game's shortcomings anymore. Let's just agree to disagree and see if the OPs will deliver their synopsis of WoW once they reach the vaunted 60, hmm? B)[/b]
    If you really played a Rogue..u should know that u can beat epicenemys even with some green/blue shit..yeah i played in a top guild..actually the best hordeguild on my server...used to raid AQ40 (naxx wasnt out yet ) n reached rank 11 with my Shaman. I would make a video just for you sweetheart..but actually my pc is crap..fraps = ~6 FPS
    You can say what u want..i'll stay with my oppinion that Skill > Equip
    I've beaten enough Epicequipped chars from EVERY class when i used to wear some blue ubrsrandomcrap mixed with t0
    h43r:

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by sMooFy+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sMooFy)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)
    <!--QuoteBegin-sMooFy
    @

For the record, I played in a top guild on my rogue and raided for awhile, experienced all three BGs, and indulged in world PvP. On my warrior, I just PvPed a lot in the BGs with a touch of world PvP. The end experience was the same - you can't do shit when there is no comboing, extremely limited healing (aka no spammable pots), no sliding, excessive crowd control, unbalanced classes, and ridiculous gear advantages. You sir, sound like a hardcore raider that doesn't want the system to change because you enjoy 3 shotting everyone. I met many of your kind on the WoW forums, and I'll thank you to waste your energies defending a flawed game over there; I've little interest in arguing the game's shortcomings anymore. Let's just agree to disagree and see if the OPs will deliver their synopsis of WoW once they reach the vaunted 60, hmm? B)[/b]
    If you really played a Rogue..u should know that u can beat epicenemys even with some green/blue shit..yeah i played in a top guild..actually the best hordeguild on my server...used to raid AQ40 (naxx wasnt out yet ) n reached rank 11 with my Shaman. I would make a video just for you sweetheart..but actually my pc is crap..fraps = ~6 FPS
    I've beaten enough Epicequipped chars from EVERY class when i used to wear some blue ubrsrandomcrap mixed with t0
    h43r:[/b][/quote]

1v1 yes, but how often do you get a 1v1 in a BG? Plus, all it took was one mistake in my stunlock and then I die in 2 hits, I didnt like burning preparation so I could kidney shot again (didn't spec for imp kidney shot as I needed the pts elsewhere). I never played Shaman past level 8. Did you play warrior and rogue? Non-caster classes are a good deal more limited in what they can do, believe me.

antiriad

quite alot lately, and mages are having to learn to play far more defensive as of late in the av's, the knockdown skills seem to have been imbued slightly so you see ALOT of mages going to cast then falling over and losing cast.. 2 seconds later = dead.

1v1 if you can break the mages casts quickly you'll turn him inside out, if he blinks at the perfect time and slows you with an ice blast your fuxxored.. it is all about skill, just have to be able to 2nd guess what the other guy is going to do.

earlier on today my lvl23 hunter beat a lvl31 warlock in 1v1 all based on skill, i was doing very little damage to him but my pet was ruining his cast rate, he got a bit edgy lost the plot and started running around (your fuxxored when you do that as a caster) and a few seconds later he was in the begging position... know your character well and you can own wearing a wedding dress and a pretty bonnet.

and my priest is serious pwnage in pvp (ask katsy, bga etc) at lvl58 ive won in 1v2's (have fraps for the video too xD), if your good at pk in ko then your at an advantage in wow definitely cos your used to people having advantages (cheaters unfortunately) but dealing with them and beating them down.. it is truly a great feeling when you knock seven shades of shit out of a lvl60 epixx guy who know's what he/she's doing.

but again totally agree.. its what takes your fancy i dont miss the ko pk right at the moment and im just coming up to doing the really big instances ( god wont even be able to help alliance if i get my full epixx gear too ) both are fun and thats what counts in every game aint it

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by antiriad
    quite alot lately, and mages are having to learn to play far more defensive as of late in the av's, the knockdown skills seem to have been imbued slightly so you see ALOT of mages going to cast then falling over and losing cast.. 2 seconds later = dead. *

1v1 if you can break the mages casts quickly you'll turn him inside out, if he blinks at the perfect time and slows you with an ice blast your fuxxored.. it is all about skill, just have to be able to 2nd guess what the other guy is going to do. *

earlier on today my lvl23 hunter beat a lvl31 warlock in 1v1 all based on skill, i was doing very little damage to him but my pet was ruining his cast rate, he got a bit edgy lost the plot and started running around (your fuxxored when you do that as a caster) and a few seconds later he was in the begging position... know your character well and you can own wearing a wedding dress and a pretty bonnet. *

and my priest is serious pwnage in pvp (ask katsy, bga etc) at lvl58 ive won in 1v2's (have fraps for the video too xD), if your good at pk in ko then your at an advantage in wow definitely cos your used to people having advantages (cheaters unfortunately) but dealing with them and beating them down.. it is truly a great feeling when you knock seven shades of shit out of a lvl60 epixx guy who know's what he/she's doing. *

but again totally agree.. its what takes your fancy i dont miss the ko pk right at the moment and im just coming up to doing the really big instances ( god wont even be able to help alliance if i get my full epixx gear too ) both are fun and thats what counts in every game aint it

You're a priest, I've seen good priests kill 4 people by themselves. Watch out, that nerf bat is coming your way

Glad you're having fun. Try a warrior sometime, I'm sure you'll see what I mean. Apparently I'm talking to people who played caster classes, not melees.

Originally posted by sMooFy+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sMooFy)
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan
    <!--QuoteBegin-sMooFy
    @

For the record, I played in a top guild on my rogue and raided for awhile, experienced all three BGs, and indulged in world PvP. On my warrior, I just PvPed a lot in the BGs with a touch of world PvP. The end experience was the same - you can't do shit when there is no comboing, extremely limited healing (aka no spammable pots), no sliding, excessive crowd control, unbalanced classes, and ridiculous gear advantages. You sir, sound like a hardcore raider that doesn't want the system to change because you enjoy 3 shotting everyone. I met many of your kind on the WoW forums, and I'll thank you to waste your energies defending a flawed game over there; I've little interest in arguing the game's shortcomings anymore. Let's just agree to disagree and see if the OPs will deliver their synopsis of WoW once they reach the vaunted 60, hmm? B)
    h43r:[/b]
    1v1 yes, but how often do you get a 1v1 in a BG? Plus, all it took was one mistake in my stunlock and then I die in 2 hits, I didnt like burning preparation so I could kidney shot again (didn't spec for imp kidney shot as I needed the pts elsewhere). I never played Shaman past level 8. Did you play warrior and rogue? Non-caster classes are a good deal more limited in what they can do, believe me.[/b][/quote]

got my own lvl 60 warrior (ex rank11 too) and played the Rogue of a friend..its not hard to get 1v1s in a BG..sure, 90% of the ppl are fuking Zergfans..but u allways find some solorunners..atleast in AV.

and btw..

nfw

ive never played a caster <_<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12