And you are now healed!!!!

This is a discussion on And you are now healed!!!! within the Off Topic forums, part of the Entertainment category; So this is about those church things where people are supposedly healed by the hands of God. I don't get ...
Page: 1

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Default And you are now healed!!!!

So this is about those church things where people are supposedly healed by the hands of God.

I don't get it. Are those people hired actors?

Ex. This man has not walked in 10 years and the doctors said he will not be able to walk again.

OH LORD! HEAL THIS MAN! TAKE HIS WHEELCHAIR AWAY! AND LET HIM WALK AWAY IN YOUR NAME!

oh my I've been healed *starts to walk*

this is just business and you know it lol

You never wondered why they give that plate around in order get money, right after they "heal" someone?

wawh

I guess it's both

Sometimes they're just acting...
    Sometime their problem lies psychological... the preacher mostly knows TONSSSS about human behaviour and thinking.. etc..... sports people apply this too, but not to help people, but to pep eachother up

Also, I'm sure they have hundreds of cases that absolutely does shit and only show the ones that actuelly work on TV

Banned

just because a old man gets the adrenaline in his body pumping to start walking a couplel of steps, does not mean he will now be walking for the rest of his life.

The problem with these types of things is that the person can momentarily rise above a condition, whether you want to call it self motivated or collective thought, etc but the guy 1:1 is in the same condition he was in moments later...

However, true faith in whatever it is you believe (or not) can be a powerful motivation, often resulting in unexplained phenomena.

the healers are con artists and actors, the believers are deluded morons. Same formula for all religions.