Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kallop

where's my guide at :(

This is a discussion on where's my guide at :( within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; i wanted to revisit this time capsule of a forum and look at my old posts i got like 4+ ...
Page: 1

Psy

Default where's my guide at :(

i wanted to revisit this time capsule of a forum and look at my old posts i got like 4+ pages of deleted posts now where i was looking for "Psy's Guide"

I think the posts predate the time when I started browsing the forums, so I'm not entirely sure where to find the guides. I can try take a look in the archives in case they somehow ended up there, after a section was removed or something.

Psy

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I think the posts predate the time when I started browsing the forums, so I'm not entirely sure where to find the guides. I can try take a look in the archives in case they somehow ended up there, after a section was removed or something.
    My assumption is that they were moved to a section that I can no longer see and buried since the info may have been seen as obselete- I doubt it would have been deleted though. The USD buying guide is likely what replaced it-or is exactly it-that's referenced in camaz0tz's posts and they redirect to some private section.
    I made a guide over a couple of days to give people an introduction on selling for USD, I also had one on "how not to get scammed" which I was able to find.
    Me & Felix did a lot of work in naming and shaming scammers since they were so pervasive back then, and it was the only way to prevent much of the harm they were causing.
    anyways, I was hoping to see the guide because I wanted to see how much of it still applies.

this would be the topic: Psy's Guide to Selling for USD

So what has happened is that it was in a forum section that was moved as it was outdated and cannot be accessed by regular users. In other words, it's archived.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Psy&#39;s Guide to Selling for USD</span>

OVERVIEW:
    1. Check the buyer&#39;s previous posts and topics. See what they have sold and bought. If they look trustworthy, then they should be OK to trade with. Make sure you check these posts to see that they are actually not fakes.

2. If you plan on using PayPal, check to see if they are verified users. If they are and have several positive feedback, then it should be safe to trade with them even if they have 0 posts.

2a. To ensure that you don&#39;t get charged back, send them a package in the mail with a tracking label. When they open a dispute, all you have to do is submit the shipping label and paypal won&#39;t charge you back. Make sure you send them something not intangible, such as a Joke or Software. Make sure the description of what you sold is accurate in accordance to what you tell PayPal.

2b. I personally prefer the "request money" option when using PayPal (What I do is request money, label it as service, and tell them that I either rendered a service or helped them with their computer). Many of you will take the other route and request for the person to send you money. The following is a piece of information that has been circulating around the forum that they should put in their additional information box as it was sent. "This money transfer I am sending is to signify that I have already recieved the item in question and am now sending the money to pay for the item and there will be no charge back made under any circumstances because the transaction is complete."

2c. If you are selling several items, have seperate transactions. If you are selling one big item, have several smaller transactions directed towards the item. The commission will be the same no matter what, whether or not you have 1 transaction or 20 transactions. Charging someone back is a pain in the ass. If they want to charge you back, at least make it not worth the effort to do so. If paypal sees several charge backs, then dispute it saying that they were all payments for an object they had previously received.

2d. Check your PayPal account&#39;s resolution center daily after selling an item to see if a dispute has been opened. Do not let your paypal account go into a negative balance.

2e. When you make your post, tell the seller that they must pay for the commission. That&#39;s 4% ontop of whatever the final offer is. Buyers using Western Union have to pay 15% ontop of whatever the final offer is in order to send it. So why should you, a person risking the event of getting charged back, have to pay the 4% commission? Your items may sell faster, however, if you do not do this.

2f. Make sure you do not have the item hinting towards Intangible, ex. a virtual item. Have it listed as a service, and do not make it look game related.

3. Western Union. The commision is 15% opposed to paypal&#39;s 4%. It&#39;s a more expensive, yet failsafe way to trade. The buyer will have to pay 15% ontop of what the money being sent is. That means if someone is paying 100$, then they have to pay 115$.

4. Give whatever you are giving only after you have received payment.

5. To be extra safe, request a 3 day waiting period after the money has been sent so you can put it in your bank account or have a check mailed to you. After the paypal balance is 0 (due to the fact that you have the money somewhere else), the Trusted Trade Moderator will give the item to the other person.

6. Screen Shots are always a plus! Make sure you block out your character&#39;s name if you do this. Remember that your name is in the top left corner on your HP bar. Blocking out your character is good too.

7. If you do not have premium, either A: set up a time (usually non-premium users can log in time) for the trade to take place or B:create a merchant account every 3 days and transfer all the items over. I personally prefer A

9. Do not sell to people with 0 post counts (and usually have bad grammar) unless they are using Western Union or have a good PayPal/eBay feedback

10. You can not sell on eBay. Your auction will get reported/deleted and you&#39;ll be forced to take a test.

ACCOUNTS - USD:
    1. Make sure that the email used to create the account is not your main email, as you will have to relinquish the email to the buyer upon selling.
    2. Do NOT list your character&#39;s name even if you are not selling it for USD. If the person would like to know the name of the character, make sure that is one of the last steps before purchasing
    3. Let the buyer log onto the account to see that everything is in good order (read down to step #8).
    4. Do not post a "<soandso> does not belong to me anymore/has been SOLD!" topic in the general section. If you want to do this, then at least have a name change lined up for the buyer&#39;s sake.
    5. After a successful trade, the buyer and seller usually start having a conversation. Tell them any additional information about the account that they should know; including, but not limited to, people that they should watch out for.
    6. While posting a screenshot of your character, block out the character&#39;s name and NP so that it can not be identified.
    7. If you plan on selling your character months prior to selling it, make sure you don&#39;t have any character-identifiable information posted on this forum. If you do, then change your name. Do not ask an admin/mod to delete your post, the request will most likely be ignored.
    8. Instead of your password to the account being password, make it something that looks like PaSSwOrd, so that they can&#39;t log into the main website to change the info.

<span style="color:#FFC0CB">Items/Coin - USD:

1. Tell the buyer the history of the item when purchased: as in if it&#39;s a possible dupe or that it&#39;s been around since KO. If you tell them this, then you won&#39;t be labeled as a duper/scammer.
    2. If you are the more trustable-looking person, have the money sent to you first before the buyer gets the item. You can always make a Poll in the Trustability Inquiries section over who&#39;s the most trustable.
    3. Always show the items to your client in-game before selling it.
    4. Make screen shots of you giving the item to the player.

Addendums will be marked to notify you if any major changes or additions have been made to this guide by either me or the other moderators/admins. This information is now public knowledge, criticisms and ideas are welcome.

ADDENDUM: Step 8 added and the "trusted trade moderator" recommendations have been removed.
    Technically I shouldn't post stuff from the archives, but I don't see this hurting anybody.
    Psy likes this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    06-26-2023, 12:17 AM
  2. Hits: 1
    01-01-2023, 10:32 PM
  3. Hits: 1
    06-19-2022, 01:55 AM