Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

courthouse/banroom

This is a discussion on courthouse/banroom within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Basically a section where only banned users can post ( and moderators of course ) where they can get a ...
Page: 1

Default courthouse/banroom

Basically a section where only banned users can post ( and moderators of course ) where they can get a reason why they were, or argue their case if they think the ban was wrongful. At the moment people seem to create a new account or log a friends to do it and of course that account gets banned in minutes. Might reduce the amount of new accounts to ban.

PNW 360 Hardcore, WA Senior Member Austin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Basically a section where only banned users can post ( and moderators of course ) where they can get a reason why they were, or argue their case if they think the ban was wrongful. At the moment people seem to create a new account or log a friends to do it and of course that account gets banned in minutes. Might reduce the amount of new accounts to ban.
    This would also increase the forum's activity to a certain extent which would overall increase rating to the website.

I agree with the idea. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen with this administration.
    Last edited by thing; 12-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.

I dont see why there should be appeals, admins bans people for a reason.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrepiN View Post
    I dont see why there should be appeals, admins bans people for a reason.
    Yeah but some bans can be controversial. If the banned guy is lucky, he will have someone making a thread on his behalf (a thread that also needs the agreement of the community) in this section so a mod can maybe rethink his actions.

If he has no one, he's fucked lol. They get instantly banned as soon as they create a new account.

Well yea but this isnt a "democrasy" (fail spelling)

That kind of comment would get downvoted to oblivion for many reasons.

by users yeah but its the reality, if it was a democrasy there wouldnt be need for admins/mods

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

People who get banned:
    Scammers
    People who get auto banned by the system for gathering too many infractions.

I'm not seeing why either of those need a chance to appeal bans. One we ban when we have proof they scammed, nothign to appeal we have proof, and the other is a temporary ban ranging from 3 days to a month.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    People who get banned:
    Scammers
    People who get auto banned by the system for gathering too many infractions.

I'm not seeing why either of those need a chance to appeal bans. One we ban when we have proof they scammed, nothign to appeal we have proof, and the other is a temporary ban ranging from 3 days to a month.
    What about theunbeatables case? I know you hate him but he was perm banned for infractions so based on what you just said he should be unbanned by now? Not defending him or complaining, just curious.

Banned

He was perm banned by Schrotti, not because of infractions...

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

To be honest I don't think it's a bad idea. Maybe we could refine the system so that certain types of bans (eg scammers) would not get an opportunity to post. I'm looking at this from the perspective of people who create new accounts. Maybe something like this could reduce that.

UNBEATABLe 2013

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    UNBEATABLe 2013
    So we let everybody know who he is and try find him and kill him?

There we go then, permanent bans because a mod overreacts ( unbeatable, coolboy ), wrongful scam cases, banned for koxping, etc... all these bans could be argued in a courthouse.

really it's just painful to see these juniors not want to unban anyone because "they weren't the guy to ban them" and the person who banned them has too much of an ego to admit his mistake and unban them. A courthouse might actually give these guys some balls to say that the decision was wrong and not care about stepping on some other guys toes to unban or something.

that kind of "our words final and thats that" attitude shouldn't fly around here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast