Active Market mods in and out game.

This is a discussion on Active Market mods in and out game. within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I think this topic is needed as I see that 30% of the market mods have quitted there server. Yet ...
Page: 1

I think this topic is needed as I see that 30% of the market mods have quitted there server. Yet they are still moderator while it's hard in my eyes to keep a clear vieuw on the server/prices when they aren't active in-game. If you say: "they can still moderate the section": agreed, but then an Ares mod can moderate the girakon section aswell which isn't a good idea and the point of the seperate market sections imo.

To make my post short: I prefer active mods In-game and on the forum. No mod who only browses the forum (And posts once in a while in a post because his friends asked him to do so) and knows nothing about whats going on In-game. I won't call names, but most people know which sections i mean.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

If people want to put mod names forwards we will alway sbe happy to review and give people the chance. We always prefer active players to be market mods as well as active on the forums. I agree Diez does need a new face with Jake at the moment so will be open to any aplications.

If people want to put mod names forwards we will alway sbe happy to review and give people the chance. We always prefer active players to be market mods as well as active on the forums. I agree Diez does need a new face with Jake at the moment so will be open to any aplications.[/b]
    Diez is ok i think, we still have bfd, but im more talking about other servers.

Didnt see ronark mod for a long time.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Why do you want mods that know the prices? Does that make any difference?

Why do you want mods that know the prices? Does that make any difference?[/b]
    Whats the point in having a market mod who doesn't know shit about his server? Could aswell pick an ares mod to moderate the ronark section, will stay the same. So when we read ur post, you vote for a mod who moderates all sections cause it doesn't matter if he knows the economy on one particular server?

Why do we have seperated sections then? :s

A mod has to be up to date with prices/economy/dupes/cheats on his server and take mesurements when he thinks it's needed, not like 30% of the mods who know shit about the server they moderate.

cRuX

Whats the point in having a market mod who doesn't know shit about his server? Could aswell pick an ares mod to moderate the ronark section, will stay the same. So when we read ur post, you vote for a mod who moderates all sections cause it doesn't matter if he knows the economy on one particular server?

Why do we have seperated sections then? :s
    A mod has to be up to date with prices/economy/dupes/cheats on his server and take mesurements when he thinks it's needed, not like 30% of the mods who know shit about the server they moderate.[/b]
    There's no cap limit to an item. You can sell it for whatever you want.. Why does the moderator need to know the market value of an item on a server? You've sucessfully ran around the question but answer it now.

There's no cap limit to an item. You can sell it for whatever you want.. Why does the moderator need to know the market value of an item on a server? You've sucessfully ran around the question but answer it now.[/b]

Why is a moderator a moderater for a specific section if he knows shit about the server he's moderating? Also I had a topic locked some time ago because it involved a +9 item, eventho in that server there were floating shitloads of +9 items around, The mod locked my topic cause he thought my item wasn't "legit" and to cheap in his eyes. If he would have been more actif and up to date with his server this would never have happened. 1 week later the item got sold anyways from a diff acc on ko4life. (not diez btw, some belgian friend was selling his gear on other server and I helped him.)

I agree that if sombody is selling multiple high-rated items for very low price somthing is fishy and the mod needs to take actions, again if the mod knows shit about the economy (like the big inflation we had some time ago) he cannot get a clear vieuw on the market and if the items are fishy or not for that matter.

Of-course if the mod is actif and compares simular items/prices that have been posted in his section this isn't a problem. But some of the mods im talking about come only 1 time in 3 days and only post in their friends topic.

Also i'm not talking about the prices only , my main point is: We have seperated market sections, with custom market mods for each section. Allthough a big amount of those market mods don't know anything about their server anymore, why do we have seperated sections, and why do we have custom market mods if sombody from diez could do the moderating in xigneon just as well (just an example).

Banned Senior Member

`choose me felix:P

`choose me felix:P[/b]

I don't mind who get's mod as long as the new one is actif and does his job properly.

Banned Senior Member

I don't mind who get's mod as long as the new one is actif and does his job properly.[/b]
    I am evry day on forum so^^
    and if i dont do mine job remove it:P

cRuX

Why is a moderator a moderater for a specific section if he knows shit about the server he's moderating? Also I had a topic locked some time ago because it involved a +9 item, eventho in that server there were floating shitloads of +9 items around, The mod locked my topic cause he thought my item wasn't "legit" and to cheap in his eyes. If he would have been more actif and up to date with his server this would never have happened. 1 week later the item got sold anyways from a diff acc on ko4life. (not diez btw, some belgian friend was selling his gear on other server and I helped him.)
    I agree that if sombody is selling multiple high-rated items for very low price somthing is fishy and the mod needs to take actions, again if the mod knows shit about the economy (like the big inflation we had some time ago) he cannot get a clear vieuw on the market and if the items are fishy or not for that matter.

Of-course if the mod is actif and compares simular items/prices that have been posted in his section this isn't a problem. But some of the mods im talking about come only 1 time in 3 days and only post in their friends topic.
    Also i'm not talking about the prices only , my main point is: We have seperated market sections, with custom market mods for each section. Allthough a big amount of those market mods don't know anything about their server anymore, why do we have seperated sections, and why do we have custom market mods if sombody from diez could do the moderating in xigneon just as well (just an example).[/b]
    Uhhhh because people from Xigenon don't have to sort through 20 pages of Diez, Ares, Beramus, and etc. just to find a Xigenon topic..