Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Activeness?

This is a discussion on Activeness? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Anyone realize that the activeness of this forum has decreased ever since we moved the forums?...
Page: 1

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Default Activeness?

Anyone realize that the activeness of this forum has decreased ever since we moved the forums?

Yup. We posited that it was due to the password thing. Working out a method to get the message out to users who might not have read the posts prior to the migration.

Forum is not known either besides by the KO players. Should make some advertisement or if people play another game, let them know this forum exists or so.

For sure something need to be done about it. Its quite boring & dead right now ;( Even had more fun as non ko player before the migration with some drama now and then

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

its so hard to look for drama topics now!

I dont think this is going to work out the way alot of the admins hope it will
    I think in the rare occasion that someone stumbles upon 'gamers4life' they'll look at the games section and see that every section is dead except 'Knight Online', and since they have no clue what knight online is, they'll go back to google and search for a forum thats based soley around the game that they play like ko4life was.

Every mmo out there already has an official forum and one or more 'ko4life'-type sites that are dedicated to just one game, theres no reason for anyone to leave those forums and come here where its 100x more inactive since 99% of the people only read the knight online section

edit: look at the enemy territory section, no one has posted in it in over 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by giga View Post
    I dont think this is going to work out the way alot of the admins hope it will
    I think in the rare occasion that someone stumbles upon 'gamers4life' they'll look at the games section and see that every section is dead except 'Knight Online', and since they have no clue what knight online is, they'll go back to google and search for a forum thats based soley around the game that they play like ko4life was.

Every mmo out there already has an official forum and one or more 'ko4life'-type sites that are dedicated to just one game, theres no reason for anyone to leave those forums and come here where its 100x more inactive since 99% of the people only read the knight online section

edit: look at the enemy territory section, no one has posted in it in over 3 months.
    Well, we definitely weren't expecting traffic to increase exponentially within a few weeks. We're working on that. It's not something done overnight.

on the old forums this website would be one of the sites that u check up on whenever you go on the computer now i only go on when im bored =P

old forum > new forum

immo the g4l at the top of my page looks really low quality at first glance that would make me think this forum is ran by kids

evilwevel

Quote Originally Posted by Private View Post
    immo the g4l at the top of my page looks really low quality at first glance that would make me think this forum is ran by kids
    change default style => Oivar_X and it'll look a lot better.

but it's true, we need a nice G4L logo.

maybe a competition ?

Quote Originally Posted by evilwevel View Post
    change default style => Oivar_X and it'll look a lot better.

but it's true, we need a nice G4L logo.

maybe a competition ?
    We do need one indeed. Unfortunately, unless I'm very mistaken, none of the staff are Photoshop pros, lol.

Banned

The logo is fine, you ungrateful children. Give it something more than a basic white page and I'm sure it wouldn't look so bad.

It would look nice on a darker page, but other things come first. (Such as the people with password issues and whatnot.) Give it some time; You cannot expect perfection in such a short amount of time.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Devile said plenty of times he would be doing work on the board for a while due too the amount of time needed.

If you type the old URL it takes you to here so noone is going to get lost finding us. We would be very naive to push for new traffic before the board was finished. The amount of people logging is slightly higher during my hours than it has been the previous weeks since I returned.

People don't always like change and it's very easy to be negative about stuff ( hell we've been involved with KO for too long ). I remember when ko4life was done, people said they never leave ranking for it and looked what happend!

Some sections are inactive and need to be pruned. The layout needs tweaking which takes time to get right. New theams will come but Devile refusses to add a feature that won't work and cause him more work. I have noticed the social groups are taking off and people are finding bits they like and there own identity on here.

Just think you KO players can go a do all the "who is top" and post about CSW or going to the next new server in total freedom and no get bitched at by the staff.

Final note, not only the admins but a number of people supported the new direction with numerious donations comming in to help this. Also the people that are slagging the new board off bitched just as bad about the old one. I'm over the moon knowing I never have to read another KO related thread as long as I live!

evilwevel

designing a logo ain't that hard. Just make it simple like so :

it's easy to animate as well (make the colored layers spin around, ...)

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

i like that evilwevel!

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evilwevel View Post
    designing a logo ain't that hard. Just make it simple like so :

it's easy to animate as well (make the colored layers spin around, ...)
    It'd be cool if you animated the text in the middle of the logo, so it like faded between G 4 L. you know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast