Allow Account Trading / Selling

This is a discussion on Allow Account Trading / Selling within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; With proof of country there is no reason to deny this. It's not like there is any more chance of ...
Page: 1

With proof of country there is no reason to deny this. It's not like there is any more chance of getting scammed then there was before. You find out faster this way. And proof can always be shown for this.

Step 1) Same scheme as trade moderator. MODERATOR from that account's country logs in and checks it making sure the account is legit and from the correct country.

Step 2) There is no step 2. Step 1 just solved the "Huge" problem that the patch created.

To back up my statement, as an admin once said.

(Quote from PhantomLink)
    Against K2's Tos = not illegal
    Private Server = Against the law/illegal[/b]
    Therefore it is not illegal and you have allowed it before, and I just solved your problem above with my reasoning.

yoursodone12

Agreed

Banned

Nooo. We don't have MODS from every country in the world.

With proof of country there is no reason to deny this. It's not like there is any more chance of getting scammed then there was before. You find out faster this way. And proof can always be shown for this.

Step 1) Same scheme as trade moderator. MODERATOR from that account's country logs in and checks it making sure the account is legit and from the correct country.

Step 2) There is no step 2. Step 1 just solved the "Huge" problem that the patch created.
    To back up my statement, as an admin once said.

(Quote from PhantomLink)
    Therefore it is not illegal and you have allowed it before, and I just solved your problem above with my reasoning.[/b]

And how exactly are we supposed to gather proof of their country? Someone else proposed this exact same idea to me in a PM about 4 days ago and I asked him the same thing. And don't say IP's. If I really wanted, as a United States citizen, I could have an IP from Fiji with little more than a Google search and some preference changing.

Edit: And as Vandy said, we don't have a moderator from every country in the world, nor will we be hiring one from every country.

yoursodone12

Will account selling be allowed once the region feature is added to myKOL?

Proof of country would be an admin from USA logging in a USA account and it allowing it.

Obviously all countries will not be accounted for.

Main countries I know of that play KO are:
    Turkey
    United States
    Canada
    Australia

Proof of country would be an admin from USA logging in a USA account and it allowing it.

Obviously all countries will not be accounted for.

Main countries I know of that play KO are:
    Turkey
    United States
    Canada
    Australia[/b]

Then we would be breaking our stance on not assisting with character trades, which we don't plan to overturn anytime soon.

Edit: And even if we did enact this policy, who would do it? I dunno if you know this, but a hell of a lot of character trades went on prior to this patch on a daily basis. There is no way that we (The Admin (which there are only 6 of, by the way)) could manage to work with all of those character trade/sell requests every day unless we all dropped our personal life and completely devoted ourself to doing that.

Right now, there is no easy method to get character trading and selling back. I hate to sit here and shoot every idea you have down, but any method that could fix this is a logistical nightmare for our staff.

once region change is a option in website theres no reason to deny it unless ofc this is on the same page as kissing k2's ass with private servers

I agree and understand your reasoning, I am just trying to help out everyone and think of a good working method. Obviously a trustworthy person from each country would be needed.

And damn I have been playing KO a long time.

I just noticed I joined this forum on April 14th 2006. And I definately played for like a year before Olympia even came out.