Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

ANOTHER SUB-SECTION?!

This is a discussion on ANOTHER SUB-SECTION?! within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; i would have posted sooner, but i was MUTED/WARNED FOR MAKING THIS TOPIC HOLY FUCK ANYWAYS, only the general idea ...
Page: 4

i would have posted sooner, but i was MUTED/WARNED FOR MAKING THIS TOPIC HOLY FUCK

ANYWAYS, only the general idea of the topic was embraced; that is reducing the # of sections in general.

i still think
    -clans belong under in-game requests
    -cheaters/hallof shame/hacked accounts can be bunched somehow
    -market sections need a chat thread
    -knowledge base is useless
    -daily news feed is useless
    -some still existent forums can be reduced to "official threads" in larger sections

edit: and i hereby declare my break from being the savior of these forums. i'm tired of getting muted every 2 days

Banned

christ you people irritate the shit out of me... Why would you want 13 sections that only help to cause the forum to be endlessly long when you only have to simply click one button.

Quit whining.[/b]
    I actually like how everything was arranged now, except one thing. Which would be the market sections, I don't know why but i just liked the market section better the other way because i can see whats going on in all the servers. IMO i would just keep everything like it is now except put the market sections back how they where and group together Carnac East/West. You know its up to you guys this is just my opinion i don't even play KO anymore so w.e >;X

*cough* add crysis section pl0x *cough*

Banned Senior Member

There will never be seperate sections for general chat for each server, you have General, and then you have the marketplace. Also dont see much point to a Crysis section, I know Warhead is coming out soon but meh

And Tank, you should know why I muted you:
    ANOTHER SUB-SECTION?!, so i was chillin like a villain.

Psy

set market sections as your homepage or bookmark it.

There will never be seperate sections for general chat for each server, you have General, and then you have the marketplace. Also dont see much point to a Crysis section, I know Warhead is coming out soon but meh

And Tank, you should know why I muted you:
    ANOTHER SUB-SECTION?!, so i was chillin like a villain.[/b]
    reasoning behind not having a general chat or at least a thread for each server? forget post counts. make it a non-post count forum and it actually gives market moderators something to moderate.

it will cut the vast majority of server specific threads in general chat, thereby cutting spam. if there is an issue that involves a server specific trend but still applies across all servers, it is worthy of being posted in the actual general forum.

this is a MUCH more efficient form of organization.

edit: if you simply allow 1 "chat" thread in each section (that does not count towards post count), it would cut SO much of the spam posts. i understand that back in the day when all of the admins were either ares/diez, you guys allowed ares/diez drama threads in general chat (much to the dismay of anyone playing another server), but now that you guys have the obvious bias out of the system (since you guys do not play ko), what is the issue here?

i really don't feel i'm suggesting anything over-the-top here

reasoning behind not having a general chat or at least a thread for each server? forget post counts. make it a non-post count forum and it actually gives market moderators something to moderate.

it will cut the vast majority of server specific threads in general chat, thereby cutting spam. if there is an issue that involves a server specific trend but still applies across all servers, it is worthy of being posted in the actual general forum.

this is a MUCH more efficient form of organization.

edit: if you simply allow 1 "chat" thread in each section (that does not count towards post count), it would cut SO much of the spam posts. i understand that back in the day when all of the admins were either ares/diez, you guys allowed ares/diez drama threads in general chat (much to the dismay of anyone playing another server), but now that you guys have the obvious bias out of the system (since you guys do not play ko), what is the issue here?

i really don't feel i'm suggesting anything over-the-top here[/b]
    The issue is that organizing to the point where you separate the users of the forum into specific categories whilst creating an excess of sections is not entirely productive for the forum. It's quite clear KO is dying out and not growing and as such this forum has decreased in users over time and it will only continue as such. Splitting the already diminishing number of new topics due to less users will only further perpetuate the decrease in overall activity of this forum.

The reason I didn't further reduce the size of the forum and create subsections is because it's already clear that many people don't care to search for the forums in order to find them, they want them right in front of their faces at all times. Now the reason I didnt revert the market sections is simply because that is a special case where 13... yes 13 sub sections is a breaking point where in order to keep a more organized forum they should be made sub sections.

I have no problem with a chat thread if people are so inclined to want one, however I don't see it changing anything because people want attention, a post in a thread will receive little notice.

The issue is that organizing to the point where you separate the users of the forum into specific categories whilst creating an excess of sections is not entirely productive for the forum. It's quite clear KO is dying out and not growing and as such this forum has decreased in users over time and it will only continue as such. Splitting the already diminishing number of new topics due to less users will only further perpetuate the decrease in overall activity of this forum.[/b]
    yes it might, but the thing is general chat is mostly about congratulating every other person that hits lvl 80 on every server (especially c-west) The older servers have a billion lvl 80's and im sure they wouldnt care 2 cents about another lvl 80 on another server, and then u have server specific topics where u see random assholes flaming cuz they dont know shit about that server. Then theres the king voting thing, im sure that only people of that server would be interested, no needa write a topic for the whole community to know that hes running for king. And then theres the players in older servers flaming ppl cuz they think they suck when they dont realize that they are in a new server that just came out. OOO dont forget the quitting topics, where people write topics to tell everyone about them quitting, when all they would need is a server specific topic since people from ares wont care about someone in akara quitting.. (unless they know em...). oh yeah, next comes the topic about people getting fasely accused and banned on certain servers because of the mixup of i's and L's.....NEXT.. comes the the topics about "zomg theres an xxxxxxx +102394892304 item in this server" topics..... seroiusly,,,, having sub sections for diff servers isnt a bad idea. The forums are already split up in general chat, for exmaple, the pathos topics has all the pathos ppl talking in it 95% of the time. In the cwest topics u see all these cwest ppl discussing and flaming each other or w/e, and u dont see much other peeps joining in... i dont see much other people on other servers talkin, and the ones that do usually just spam or flame. Allowing server specific sub-forums also allows a lot more chats like CZ/DCZ/War discussions and other shits.

Of course, general chat still has its purposes, like the merchant bug topic recently, he public apology's, New patches, new updates/fixes, bugs, a lotta stuff can still be discussed, but allowing individual server subforums just allows people more things to talk about without having as much flames from peeps of other servers that aint know shit.

totally agree to tank. the server will be much more organized.

yay my rant of the day. ^^

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234