Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ko4life donations

This is a discussion on Ko4life donations within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Many ppl say that they would donate to ko4life, but because they either dont have a CC or paypal or ...
Page: 1

Many ppl say that they would donate to ko4life, but because they either dont have a CC or paypal or w/e, would it be a good idea, for ko4life to make an account on every server, where people can donate in-game items, and ko4life can sell it back out for USD?

Banned

that would make ko4life something like a gb site ... i don't think they would want to be that either

that would make ko4life something like a gb site ... i don't think they would want to be that either[/b]
    well... in a way yes.. but in a way not realy....... its just kinda the same as recieving paypal donations, except in this case, they would hafta sell the items/gb's for usd.......... :/

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

sounds like a good idea you got my support

Banned

Approved that would be a super good idea I would actually donate alot...

Approved that would be a super good idea I would actually donate alot...[/b]
    same.. i got some items leftover from selling my account that isnt so easy to sell for USD... if ko4life had someone in charge of taking in these donation items, selilng them for IGC, and selilng igc for USD, then that'll be great, i had a lot of stuff leftover actually O.o

Banned

Been talked about before. Think they decided not to do it maybe because like have to go through all that trouble in selling the item/gb and also prices fluctuate.

Example: I donate ko4life 2 gb's. Gb's cost $5 and to donate cost $10 so that equals the donation! If the prices go down before you can sell the gb's then basically someone can get donator status by not donating as much as another person did 1 week later.

Kinda confusing but i will make it easy. Ko4life admins do not have much time on their hands as it is and it will just be too much effort to sell the stuff :P

Been talked about before. Think they decided not to do it maybe because like have to go through all that trouble in selling the item/gb and also prices fluctuate.

Example: I donate ko4life 2 gb's. Gb's cost $5 and to donate cost $10 so that equals the donation! If the prices go down before you can sell the gb's then basically someone can get donator status by not donating as much as another person did 1 week later.

Kinda confusing but i will make it easy. Ko4life admins do not have much time on their hands as it is and it will just be too much effort to sell the stuff :P[/b]

ah ic... :/ how bout if we donate via items we hafta pay 2x the current price to get the donator status? i dont think prices will fluctuate 2x within a week or so....

Banned

Kinda confusing but i will make it easy. Ko4life admins do not have much time on their hands as it is and it will just be too much effort to sell the stuff :P[/b]
    And what if we have to give noahs instead of items so you dont have to sell em...

Banned

Main reason why people don't donate to ko4life it's because payment method. Paypal isn't a common way of paying, therefore not every1 can use it to donate. Maybe if there was more options for donating like WU, bank deposit, moneybookers, etc. there would be more donations, along with a better "Donate to ko4life" advertisement.

Akutee's idea is somewhat good and bad. It's good about how could players be able to donate without actually paying real money, but it's bad when it comes to the process. You gotta remember this forum is free, and therefore Mods dont get paid, they just doing a favor to the community, and also have jobs/duties to attend, and cant be all day selling items for IGC.

Main reason why people don't donate to ko4life it's because payment method. Paypal isn't a common way of paying, therefore not every1 can use it to donate. Maybe if there was more options for donating like WU, bank deposit, moneybookers, etc. there would be more donations, along with a better "Donate to ko4life" advertisement.

Akutee's idea is somewhat good and bad. It's good about how could players be able to donate without actually paying real money, but it's bad when it comes to the process. You gotta remember this forum is free, and therefore Mods dont get paid, they just doing a favor to the community, and also have jobs/duties to attend, and cant be all day selling items for IGC.[/b]

hmm then how about we sell the items for IGC and then we give IGC for donations, cuz IGC isnt hard to sell, and all ya gotta do is wait for the right offer, accept money via paypal, login to give the gb's, and done. voila~! would that be a good idea?

Then people will need to compete their items prices/gb's prices with the ko4life gb's price.Otherwise everyone would buy ko4life gb's instead.

Though, you could make a topic saying > Selling GB's for ko4life donation. So you give someone GB's and tell them to pay your money from teh gb's to ko4life under your forum name (If they can without having to log on it)

iiason

i wouldn't mind, donating to ko4life in igc/igi at all.

also, i would donate, if they accepted bank transfer or WU. although WU is a bitch.

i don't have PP :S

along with a better "Donate to ko4life" advertisement.[/b]

We did it the way that we did intentionally. We wanted the link to be as unobtrusive as possible, so it didn't seem as if we were requiring you to donate for any particular reason, other than that you want to help out the website.

Banned

We did it the way that we did intentionally. We wanted the link to be as unobtrusive as possible, so it didn't seem as if we were requiring you to donate for any particular reason, other than that you want to help out the website.[/b]
    I understand, and i appreciate your modesty (as in a whole) in that matter.
    I dont think they gonna make changes about donations methods because it's not 1 of their priorities, but it was worth the try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast