ATTN: Blackbreed

This is a discussion on ATTN: Blackbreed within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Out of curiosity, why exactly are you banning people BUYING characters? You leave a link to the Character Selling Rules ...
Page: 1

Omniscient

Out of curiosity, why exactly are you banning people BUYING characters? You leave a link to the Character Selling Rules topic, but nowhere in the topic does it say Buying is illegal.

I'm just wondering because you're on a banning rampage.

If you can't sell, you obviously can't buy, in case of a scam I presume.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

I will explain this in detail in this topic now so that people can understand. Feel free to discuss as I would like everyone to read this so that I can stop my "banning rampage". Make my job easier.

Cypher Rings, DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE. You cannot make topics named "Buying> Char in CR" because you CAN'T GET A CYPHER RING ANYMORE. If you have a KESN code for a Cypher Ring and you try to purchase a cypher ring from the power up store, it gives you an error (which I don't know exact details of) but they say "they are not available at this time". The ONLY way people can get fresh cypher rings as of right now is; 1) Someone hasn't logged onto their account since they've disabled the CR buys from PUS or 2) A duper duplicated a cypher ring and sold it to you.

I personally know this from experience (there are a few dupers who have at least 1 cypher ring per server and have been selling them for $150+ to people who are desperate) and I obviously would not be on a "banning rampage" if I wasn't telling the truth, I know exactly what it is I'm doing but the reason why I agree with you to some point is this. The topics that Phantomlink made on every market does NOT say anything concerning this issue and we are currently discussing it privately in the mod section. Which is why I have not edited the threads yet, but common sense will tell you not to follow others when you see people's topics getting closed for doing this.

I'll bold this so people can read the most important part: THE ONLY TOPICS THAT ARE ALLOWED TO BE MADE ON THE KO4LIFE MARKET'S ARE "Selling level xx character" AND YOU HAVE A SCREEN SHOT OF: A CYPHER RING SITTING IN YOUR INVENTORY (if the screen shot seems to be edited, I will personally ask you to send me a KSC to prove that you really have 1) OR A CHARACTER WHICH IS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED ONTO A CYPHER RING. YOU CANNOT MAKE: Price Checks, Sales of characters without cypher rings (basically an account), Buys of characters (even if YOU show a KSC that YOU have a cypher ring) and especially trades because that will obviously be an account trade since the cypher rings are so extremely rare. Questions please.

Omniscient

Okay, point taken. Still however, why ban them? It would make sense for a warning, and maybe a sticky informing players. You cannot take matter into your own hands as a Moderator unless they have broken the rules, that is the sole position of an Administrator. You're there to enforce the rules. You on the other hand, seem to be a forum vigilante.

I don't have beef with you, but you banned one of my friends, and a clannie without warning.

The people I have banned I've been keeping an eye on strictly with the words they use when making such topics.

Some people say "Buying lvl 80 warrior" and they don't even say the words cypher ring or even the letters CR one time, obviously they haven't read any market rules and don't care for them, and plan on advertising to buying an account, not a cypher ringed character. These people have been banned for a maximum of 1 month.

Then some people, made topics saying they were buying a character with CR (but they claim to not own one). Basically advertising to buying an account, but they don't realize that. Maximum ban of 7 days.

Some people made topics saying that they have a CR and want to buy a certain character. Maximum ban there should of been 3 days.

If I've given anything more or less than the above, you can pm me the ko4life name, and I will check the details to see if I shall edit it.

Warns come with suspensions, it's the way things go on the forum. If your gunna get suspended for doing something wrong, your obviously going to get warned for doing that (to learn from your mistakes) and then that person has 9 more chances when given 1 warn from 0% (which in my opinion is exceedingly long/exaggerated)..

More questions? I appreciate the topic. edit: I do realize that I can warn people temporarily (until the market topics phantom made are edited to the buying rule) rather than suspensions. That's a lot of work, but if you can pm me your friends' ko4life account, I'll see what I can do to delete the suspension but leave the warning.

Omniscient

I was just questioning your method of accomplishing things around here. Kinda like shoot first, ask questions later :P

Alright, I've edited the thread: http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=288886
    Remember if you want to get your friends' suspension removed, pm me the name of the ko4life account and I'll see if his topic will allow me to. Thanks again.