Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Required post count to view/post in the market section and send PMs

This is a discussion on Required post count to view/post in the market section and send PMs within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; This is not my personal issue, but other people have trouble trading without getting scammed. Even if you, ko4life admins, ...
Page: 1

Psy

This is not my personal issue, but other people have trouble trading without getting scammed.

Even if you, ko4life admins, caught a scammer, banned him, his IP address, and his account, all that a scammer would need to do after being banned is create another account. With that account, they can view the market sections and post there or send PMs to people they want to trade with. And even if you did enact this post count rule, they could log on another account to scope the market sections and send a PM through the forum on their newbie account.

I suggest that you force them to get 100 posts before allowing a new account to send private messages or look in the market section. Scammers would have a hell of a time getting their posts up so that they could view the market section and send private messages. This needs to be enacted now. People are getting scammed by the hour.

It is human nature for people to displace blame, and that blame is being placed on the forum moderators/admins.

the amount of spamming would increase 100x

i have some friends that only have a few posts that are 100% trustable. they just dont waste time posting on ko4life

Psy

Spamming is against the rules, and if they want to break those rules then they can be banned or warned.

Using only the market section is like going to Europe from a different continent and expecting free college without putting anything into it previously.

u remmeber when Member + was implemented? you only need 15 posts to post in the market section and the forum was FLOODED with "posting to get member+". also the random +1's, random smileys, and other spam posts

Psy

The spamming issue can be cut down by forcing new accounts to wait 5 minutes between posts. I believe it is currently 60 seconds between posts, and that hardly gives anyone time to think of anything constructive to say.

then that would piss off all of the people that have 100+ posts already that just want to talk on ko4life

Psy

My suggestion is only for accounts with -100 posts.

swishersticks

Your general point has been discussed many times

as giga said the flooding would be enormous

hell you still got people geting away with +1's/smileys/offtopic and they wont stop until a mod/admin can be a "man" and actually do something to make these people stop.

i think shurt is the only mod man enough to warn anyone for spamming on a constant basis.

look at the topics about aba/rice with the cleaver. few people took it onto themselves i remember these name --- sexyowa and Makaveli spammed the shit out of the topic.. then you got a few others agging on the spam like lev0 and some random people coming in saying aba scammed them and shit. i dont think that should be allowed. all these topics about saying people scammed them and shit and people going into topics saying there a scammer with no proof.

people ruin peoples reputation and thats sad

oh well owa gogo 1k post?

i think shurt is the only mod man enough to warn anyone for spamming on a constant basis.
    [/b]
    ouch ;\ well tbh i'd rather deal with spam than scams.. because its a lot easier to mute spammers than it is to ip check, ban, and deal with the drama of scammers..

swishersticks

ouch ;\ well tbh i'd rather deal with spam than scams.. because its a lot easier to mute spammers than it is to ip check, ban, and deal with the drama of scammers..[/b]
    sorry if i offended you about you not doing your job but i still see it basically everyday and the same people doing it. so my conclusion nothing has been done. oh and i only have experiance with shurt and i have a PM with shurts reply on spamming

But my opinion is once you become a mod or admin you risk losing friendship and you will get hate upon you. if you do your job right because if you do your job right then you wont be scared to mute/ban/ do anything necessary if a rule or broken.

example: you are mod . your best friends ever aba giga triple and few other big names on ko4life are in a topic just spamming the shit/doing +1's occasionaly and doing few smily faces occasionaly. more likely they will not get nothing done to them

another example: when aba had his xp topic. it was 8+ pages of nothing but spam GG

Psy

It is human nature for people to displace blame, and that blame is being placed on the forum moderators/admins.[/b]
    Swisher, who exactly are you mad at? The admins/moderators for failing to lock the spam topic and warn the spammers or the people that were spamming? By doing what I suggested, the moderators will not allow people to spam as they will probably turn out to be scammers trying to make a quick buck.

eduarvera23

that wouldn't work, there are ppl who have 300 posts and are scammers or ppl that are gg and suddenly become gays that like to scam
    i think it would be better if only member + group are allowed, cuz i've seen some ppl that there group is members, i dont really know how the group member thing work but i think that'd be better than by posts

swishersticks

Swisher, who exactly are you mad at? The admins/moderators for failing to lock the spam topic and warn the spammers or the people that were spamming? By doing what I suggested, the moderators will not allow people to spam as they will probably turn out to be scammers trying to make a quick buck.[/b]
    im not mad at anyone. i basically said how can the admins/mods handle the massive spamms that will come if they do what you ask when most of the time they cant handle the regualr spamming. the spamming that is not caused by this update

Psy

im not mad at anyone. i basically said how can the admins/mods handle the massive spamms that will come if they do what you ask when most of the time they cant handle the regualr spamming. the spamming that is not caused by this update[/b]
    Spamming right now is harmless, it doesn't get anyone anything except for a large e-penis. But if there were some regulations, like 5 minutes inbetween posts for new accounts, that would cut down on any potential spam. And if they happen to spam, then their post count will get reduced to 0. Spamming in the future would cause for people to get access to the market sections. If the mods had in mind that spammers could become scammers, then they would use the power they have to stop them from spamming.

swishersticks

Spamming right now is harmless, it doesn't get anyone anything except for a large e-penis. But if there were some regulations, like 5 minutes inbetween posts for new accounts, that would cut down on any potential spam. And if they happen to spam, then their post count will get reduced to 0. Spamming in the future would cause for people to get access to the market sections. If the mods had in mind that spammers could become scammers, then they would use the power they have to stop them from spamming.[/b]
    spamming is still spamming but you do have a argument for new accounts.

but then what if a inocent guy comes around joins forum and hes got to wait 5 minutes to post just because of some stupid inmature people. is that really fair?

i say fix trustability section before doing anything about new accounts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast