Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Character Selling Rules

This is a discussion on Character Selling Rules within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I believe its called "laissez faire" ?...
Page: 2

Banned

I believe its called "laissez faire" ?

i think the Scammed threads Should Still Be posted up so then We See The Guy Gets Banned from ko4life Hopefully ip banned
    then if he was going to just make another Account It would be that much harder +)

Lol at the part Where they expect you guys to do all the work for them? It's Really their own problem not you guys
    and it Runs EVERYONE Else a big risk trying to get rid of their accounts right now :P[/b]
    See, you're splitting hairs. You can't have it both ways. Either A) we keep it pretty much like it is now/ban it permanently OR B) we, the staff, go hands off and you guys just go on trust. We're not going to go hands off and ban every single scam claim that pops up. We'll obviously ban the ones that come bearing undeniable proof if we go with option B, but we're not going to be investigating every single claim to scamming, which is what the community wants. If we did that, K2 might as well outsource their CS department to the staff here >_>.

Edit: I'd be fine with that Euclid. Pretty much what I was going for with the "hands off" term, I just couldn't remember the economic term... Economics was two years ago =(

DeathAndResurrection

only thing i think about the showing a picture in CR is dumb because most of the ppl that i have seen, trying to sell, are still playing there char and dont wanna seal it until they know they have a buyer, which for some ppl can take quite awhile, only thing i can think of is once they find a buyer then they gotta show proof of using a CR on the char

thats my 2 cents on the current CR rule

simple182

Well unless the char is on Ionia its almost impossible to sell such low level characters. But I will put your suggestion into consideration because you are correct, we work to serve you. I'm sure Phantom and the others can come up with a solution for you.[/b]
    Yeah I understand how you guys are trying to prevent scams, i appreciate that, its just lvling really high to make it worth a Cypher Ring is not that easy. Like I wanna sell my lvl 72 rogue on C-West, i dont know if its worth a Cypher Ring.

I dunno, my suggestion would be to have CR required for 75+. and below that should be allowed to sell w/o CR, and if they attempt to scam, banned there IP and close registration espcially if the seller is the scammer. But people now know common sense and that is by not trading with random people with no post and no trade history.
    And an idea would be to, if especially selling/buying Acc with USD, have the buyer/seller pay a trade moderator maybe like 4-5$ to monitor the account selling. That is just as safe as a Cypher Ring and doesnt have to pay 50$ for a Ring. Or you can pay the the trade moderator 4-5$ on ingame account-item/coin trade.
    That would make better trade moderators, reward the trade moderator, make things alot cheaper then CR, and safe.

Banned

i personally think that if someone wants to buy/seal a account they should be able. never once the time i got scamed did i want to rain down on ko4life nor did i think anyone else was to blam but myself and the guy who did it. im sure there is a post about buying guild lines and selling guildlines so we dont get scammed. i think that is the only way forum admins/mods should get into it. and also for trading. but thats a different story. the way i see it, making more and more rules in a forum drives some away. but making it clr to people about good buying guildlines i think is a good idea and me personally think that would be all that is needed. And i do understand mods/admins going through the forums and seeing a post that smells really bad for them to close it or delete it.

Like i said, im not hating on these forums just giving my thoughts.

Banned

shurt, this is a reply to your reply in http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry2484857

two ways you can fix the issue of banning scammers or trying to help. you have a warning system. add a scamming system also. mods/admins can edit or add to it. putting a big label saying scammer.
    another things. dont allow accounts to see/post the market area until a mod as aproved it. (make a list of how many scammers that mod/admin as allowed into the market area) that will give you your crappy mod.
    And just continue deleting the scammers accounts.
    Other then that most believe that you guys are not to blam that their are scammers here. you will never be able to clr out scammers, theres no way. i think these ways will help keep some at bay. and im sure some of these ways you already use.

But back on the char trade/selling.
    From the begaining you alowed account trading/selling because all info can be changed. once k2 stoped that you stopped. understandable.
    But k2 has came with a way to change all the account info again. that puts us back where we was yrs ago. i would think we would adapt to it also. regaurdless the char seal scroll or not.

The hands of approach sounds nice, but i can guarantee that scammers or scam attempts will start to pop up again, then the mods are gonna be flooded with a bunch of crap. You'll still see the people who are silly enough to get ripped or scammed whining, and then blaming ko4life or the moderaters for not preventing it. Try to think from the moderators side as well.

Banned

The hands of approach sounds nice, but i can guarantee that scammers or scam attempts will start to pop up again, then the mods are gonna be flooded with a bunch of crap. You'll still see the people who are silly enough to get ripped or scammed whining, and then blaming ko4life or the moderaters for not preventing it. Try to think from the moderators side as well.[/b]
    scammers are always going to be there. nothing anyone can do about it. but for the people that done scam why should we be cut short. maybe another thought. add another market area. and only people that can deal in it are invite only buy admin/mods. allow known legit people in it. dont know just doesnt make sence to me why account selling still has not been allowed sence they added region change.

scammers are always going to be there. nothing anyone can do about it. but for the people that done scam why should we be cut short. maybe another thought. add another market area. and only people that can deal in it are invite only buy admin/mods. allow known legit people in it. dont know just doesnt make sence to me why account selling still has not been allowed sence they added region change.[/b]
    yes your right there always going to be there. Who decides who can be in this new market section? how do they determine if your known legit? its happened plenty of times before, someone that everyone thinks is trustable will come out of no where and scam someone. If that happens? who's that fall on again? The mods again ^.^ its good to see ideas and everything and im not even saying im completely against the selling of chars/ accounts. But effectively by banning being able to sell accounts, they cancel out the opportunity for people who arent smart about buying and selling to get scammed. Maybe it does disadvantage the people who will never steal or scam etc, but you can blame the fags that ruin it for everyone else.

Banned

Own responsibility imo, not ko4life's.

What if you're selling a level 80 character with two personals?
    Shouldn't it be up to the buyer to choose which he wants?

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Imo it was way better back when there were trustability topics

Trialmod7

We will be making a decision once the trials have been chosen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12