Character trading posts

This is a discussion on Character trading posts within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Hello again, ko4life. I don't recall exactly what K2's ToS said about account sharing, but I do remember them warning ...
Page: 1

Yun_Yuuzhan

Hello again, ko4life.

I don't recall exactly what K2's ToS said about account sharing, but I do remember them warning that shared accounts would not receive support in the case of item loss or other woes. This granted a sort of license to trade characters freely without any guarantee on the part of the company to avoid liability.

However, WoW's ToS very specifically and in no uncertain terms states that account sharing is not allowed and anyone found doing it is permanently banned, no warnings or second chances. I have known a number of people during my time in WoW that have been forced to buy another copy of the game to continue playing after being banned for breaking this ToS; Blizzard takes it quite seriously and they do not reverse a justified ban for any reason.

This being said, why is character trading supported by this forum's WoW section? Unlike in KO, WoW's rules are properly enforced. Should we not aid them in this endeavor?

Disallow character buying/selling/trading/powerleveling posts in the WoW section. That is my petition, as it were.

Thanks for reading.

-YY

President for Yun, Excellent Speech.

Hello again, ko4life.

I don't recall exactly what K2's ToS said about account sharing, but I do remember them warning that shared accounts would not receive support in the case of item loss or other woes. This granted a sort of license to trade characters freely without any guarantee on the part of the company to avoid liability.

However, WoW's ToS very specifically and in no uncertain terms states that account sharing is not allowed and anyone found doing it is permanently banned, no warnings or second chances. I have known a number of people during my time in WoW that have been forced to buy another copy of the game to continue playing after being banned for breaking this ToS; Blizzard takes it quite seriously and they do not reverse a justified ban for any reason.

This being said, why is character trading supported by this forum's WoW section? Unlike in KO, WoW's rules are properly enforced. Should we not aid them in this endeavor?

Disallow character buying/selling/trading/powerleveling posts in the WoW section. That is my petition, as it were.

Thanks for reading.

-YY[/b]

its 2 different things
    if you buy an account, then the person thats selling it wont log into the account anymore, so it'll be the buyer's ip that logs in over and over = dont think it would raise any suspicion cuz an explanation for the ip change could be that the person moved or changed their isp, etc

maybe a sticky in the wow and wow trading sections to not share chars

Yun_Yuuzhan

Blizzard makes no distinction. It's still allowing someone else access to your account, which Blizzard does not permit. There is a clause stating that you may allow one minor child from your household to use the account in addition to yourself (admittedly laughable, since if the IP is the same they can't know who was sitting at the computer). If login IPs are consistently different they'll likely notice and take action.

The end result is the same, giving your account away allows someone else to access it, and Blizzard clearly says this is not allowed.

I don't believe ko4life should support ToS breakers.

DragonFire

selling/trading characters in KO is against TOS isn't it?

Banned Senior Member

yup

Blizzard makes no distinction. It's still allowing someone else access to your account, which Blizzard does not permit. There is a clause stating that you may allow one minor child from your household to use the account in addition to yourself (admittedly laughable, since if the IP is the same they can't know who was sitting at the computer). If login IPs are consistently different they'll likely notice and take action.

The end result is the same, giving your account away allows someone else to access it, and Blizzard clearly says this is not allowed.

I don't believe ko4life should support ToS breakers.[/b]
    if you sell your char, the ip that logs onto the account changes once. blizz cant ban for that because u could just tell them that u moved