Charge fee to post on market section

This is a discussion on Charge fee to post on market section within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I am serious about this. Spammers are ruining the forum with their useless topics. Make it like 10$ yearly subscription ...
Page: 1

Default Charge fee to post on market section

I am serious about this. Spammers are ruining the forum with their useless topics. Make it like 10$ yearly subscription and spend the money on hungry children or something like that.

That would only support big corporations and limit free trade
    [Something beneficial to myself] But many players here only trade for IGC/IGI so this would be a bad rule.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Gotta invest money to scam money.

The thought is a good one, but as most of the people who use the market sections only do 1 maybe 2 deals when they quit i would find it unlikely they would pay for a yearly subscription. You also have the problems of if the payment system is paypal, once they have sold up and quit the possibility of them charging back.

why dont you just make it where you get no post for poting in their and the ps advertisment

Quote Originally Posted by Snoxd View Post
    why dont you just make it where you get no post for poting in their and the ps advertisment
    This issue has been discussed many times on other posts.

How about making the requirement 300 posts or more then? (Thinks about the more spam possibility)

Quote Originally Posted by ilterates View Post
    How about making the requirement 300 posts or more then? (Thinks about the more spam possibility)
    I dont think i had 300 posts until i had like 100+ trades in the market :O

SumYungHo Senior Member

ive been around for like 3-4yrs... and done 500+ trades... nva been scammed,amd onli scammed ppl once or twise... soo yer bad idea >.>

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffriestim View Post
    ive been around for like 3-4yrs... and done 500+ trades... nva been scammed,amd onli scammed ppl once or twise... soo yer bad idea >.>
    yea raising the post count would only make more retarded spam

-1 to that idea
    many pepol dont have paypel or cant pay over internet

Banned

A restriction for making topics (like one per day max) and bumping your topic (once per 6 hours or so) would be best.
    Some people bump every 30 minutes while their topic is still halfway the first page :/

Banned Senior Member

Problem with that is popular members would get their topic bumped by their friends. So, their topic stays on top while others wait at the bottom.

Not down for that.

I've ran this through many times in my head on "how to make the market safer" and the only solution I can think of, that doesnt have a serious flaw, is to restrict the amount of items you can sell based on value.

For instance, today we have people selling/buying hundreds of GB's-worth of items in 1 thread. It's a clear target for scammers, most scams are done through big transactions ($300+). Restrict threads to allow selling/buying to, let's say $150 that way they can prioritize. Now, SOME items are worth more than $150 obviously. The only thing that pops into my head is to create an official group of trusties and give them access to a hidden market forum for items worth over $150. However, this would require constant moderation (to determine if a thread in the General Market should be in the Hidden Market section or not). If you are not in the trusty group then you can not buy/sell over $150 until you have X amount of vouchers FROM the "official trusty group". If that guy ends up being a scammer later, all who vouched for him lose their privilege to access the hidden forum.

Just ideas I felt like spilling out, mold it into your own.

Banned

That aint gonna work imo.

"all who vouched for him lose their privilege to access the hidden forum."
    So if I traded, lets say, over 1000$ with one person and I vouch for him and he starts scamming I should be punished too?

Best way to stay safe is use your mind. Don't use paypal. Money first, items after and if it's too good to be true it probably is.
    Ofcourse people will get scammed time by time but there is no way to prevent that.
    We all lose money sometimes on the interwebs and in real life, like the last time I called a taxi I had to pay 26 euro for 15 minutes, pure robbery