Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Unbans

This is a discussion on Unbans within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; We have banned a ton of ppl in the past for several reasons. Some might not have been fair bans. ...
Page: 1

Default Unbans

We have banned a ton of ppl in the past for several reasons. Some might not have been fair bans. Maybe it was a mistake from an admin/mod or maybe the penalty was too harsh. Regardless, I'm open to discuss unbanning certain ppl that may contribute to this community.

So ... lets talk about those users here.
    UltimatePvP likes this.

Unban StoneColdKillah. He was a member since 2006 and until you banned him, there were no problems. You perma banned him for deleting the items off of someones account that were scammed off him. Did plenty of usd trades and didnt have an issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ces0ir View Post
    Unban StoneColdKillah. He was a member since 2006 and until you banned him, there were no problems. You perma banned him for deleting the items off of someones account that were scammed off him. Did plenty of usd trades and didnt have an issue there.
    To be honest this is probably the only case that comes into mind which was in my opinion quite unclear. StoneColdKillah was banned as a result of a fight with an ex-clannie who left clan after receiving a valuable item (Bakirra fang if I'm not wrong.) and thus some of the items from his account were deleted. It wasn't really the right thing to do I guess, but permanent ban for that seems kind of unreasonable.

Edit: The issue here is that it's not technically scamming and I believe the value of the deleted items was even less than the value of the Bakirra fang he received. So the questionable part is whether he kind of 'stole' an item from the clan, or he deserved it and he still got shit on for leaving. Whatever the decision, I feel like the choice should belong to somebody completely unrelated to the case to ensure an unbiased opinion.

Hi,
    Devile.
    Unbanned my old accout janekback is not fair banned, i told it much times, i just give password for scammer [if i got 12 i don't know is scammer, i dont see login logs, i dont see any proof but moderator ban me, Bar told i scamm him [but i dont scamm him, just rafeal scamm from my account [ i think he scamm or there not scamm, maybe is fake, i never see any proof.]

Thanks
    Last edited by UltimatePvP; 03-25-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

I have nothing personal against StoneColdKillah but the reason he got ban is indeed what Kallop mentioned above.
    One of his ex-clannies(smasher/keys @k4l) decided to leave his clan with items he earned from their clan bank, StoneCold got access to his account from one of his friends (blackii if I remember right) and just deleted every item that wasn't sealed on his account.

I think it would go under 'scamming' since the guy basically earned those items from their clan-bank, correct me if I'm wrong.
    I remember there was a thread about it, but I can't find it right now, perhaps one of the old mods moved it to the vault...

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    I have nothing personal against StoneColdKillah but the reason he got ban is indeed what Kallop mentioned above.
    One of his ex-clannies(smasher/keys @k4l) decided to leave his clan with items he earned from their clan bank, StoneCold got access to his account from one of his friends (blackii if I remember right) and just deleted every item that wasn't sealed on his account.

I think it would go under 'scamming' since the guy basically earned those items from their clan-bank, correct me if I'm wrong.
    I remember there was a thread about it, but I can't find it right now, perhaps one of the old mods moved it to the vault...
    1: it was much more than a fang
    2: the items deleted werent even half the value of the items that were given
    3: there were other unsealed items that couldve been deleted and they werent
    4: it was under false pretense that he got those items, not cause he earned them
    5: you degano are just mad cause you were kicked out of the clan for being a greedy noob

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ces0ir View Post
    1: it was much more than a fang
    2: the items deleted werent even half the value of the items that were given
    3: there were other unsealed items that couldve been deleted and they werent
    4: it was under false pretense that he got those items, not cause he earned them
    5: you degano are just mad cause you were kicked out of the clan for being a greedy noob
    1. It doesn't change the fact that he earned it.
    2. It doesn't change the fact that he earned it.
    3. I don't know about that, I just said what I remember.
    4. Does Jeff have any way to prove that?
    5. I am not mad and I never got kicked from any clan, I left Undes back in c-west and joined AFK.

No hard feelings towards the guy, I'm just saying.. if he is a scammer, scammers shouldn't be tolerated in here.

5. I am not mad and I never got kicked from any clan, I left Undes back in c-west and joined AFK.

No hard feelings towards the guy, I'm just saying.. if he is a scammer, scammers shouldn't be tolerated in here.
    There u dont need scammers, just make mistake, or give password if u dont know who is and his scammm and u are scammer. f*ck it.
    sORRY for bad inglisz

1: can you prove he earned it ?
    2: you were kicked after asking if a warrior earing will be yours cause you found the harpy queen. get it straight.

Its funny you screaming scammer this scammer this, the thing you don't realize is that the guy planned to wait until he got an item to then leave the clan, if he already had a problem why not leave the clan before receiving a drop? That in any case is pretty much pre-medidated scamming and that should be the thing that is frowned upon in this situation. What happened might have been wrong and in the heat of the situation or whatever, but it definately wasnt unjustified, the shit happened years ago and hundreds of people can vouch for the guy so I don't see the problem, apart from the sad lonely adi ofcourse, but I'm tired of replying to him as it just makes me feel sympathy for the dude.

Vincent.
    Code:
    Vincents	MrRapist	03-29-2012	Permanent	Never	Forever	RadicalKO
    Vince	Legend	07-05-2012	Permanent	Never	Forever	Vincent - Bypassing ban
    vincent	MrRapist	02-19-2015	Permanent	Never	Forever	N/A
    We know now that RadicalKO was a scam server, run by Rafael.

The way I understand the situation (it's been a long time though) is this.

At the time, Vincent was preparing to launch OriginalKO, but due to his partner backing out at the last minute, he decided to sell the project to Rafael (before anyone knew about him. At this point, he's just a guy who wants to help continue the project.). Vincent gave him access to his account to manage the thread, as the hype was already built in the existing thread -- creating a new thread didn't seem ideal (obviously a horrible mistake in hindsight, but this alone has caused Vincent to be repeatedly banned as a scammer).

As this thread points out, Rafael used Vincent's account to scam someone.

When Rafael was promptly banned, so was Vincent's account. Fair enough, but he's been branded as a scammer for this reason, and repeatedly banned for bypassing this ban, which - although was a stupid mistake on his part - wasn't because of him scamming anyone. Rafael was the one that did the scamming. Vincent unknowingly enabled it by trusting Rafael to continue his project.

At this point I don't think the ban's appropriate. Rafael sure, but not so much Vincent.

Quote Originally Posted by FreekaleeK View Post
    the thing you don't realize is that the guy planned to wait until he got an item to then leave the clan, if he already had a problem why not leave the clan before receiving a drop?
    Here's the thing that I find problematic in this case.

Since in my eyes the fact that the person left the clan after receiving and item should be considered scamming. But since they both fucked each other over then I find the whole case kind of pointless. Why would it matter to us how the situation was dealt with? As far as I'm concerned, StoneColdKillah hasn't done anything which would mark him a scammer, or an untrustworthy individual.

My guess is that people don't understand the situation because they can't see any money value involved in the case. Well, let's say these events take place:

1. Person A purchases something and pays ~500$ for it.
    2. He decides to let the clan have it after a while to benefit the clan. It's now a 500$ clan item.
    3. Person B is given this item for use. But quickly after receiving this item, he leaves the clan, taking the 500$ with him.

So if Person B sold his account and made money from this item that somebody paid for and donated to the clan. Would you not consider it a scam? I'm 100% sure that there's not a single person on these forums that wouldn't at least make a topic about it and accuse him of scamming. Sadly, in StoneColdKillah's case the item was something that cannot be retrieved. If StoneColdKillah simply took the fang back to the clan, would it have been such an ordeal? Nothing lost, nothing gained.

Oh well, this is my last post to this topic. I argued about this ban back in the day when it happened and I believe I've said what I want. It's not up to me what happens, not that I really care that much either.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Vincent.
    Code:
    Vincents    MrRapist    03-29-2012    Permanent    Never    Forever    RadicalKO
    Vince    Legend    07-05-2012    Permanent    Never    Forever    Vincent - Bypassing ban
    vincent    MrRapist    02-19-2015    Permanent    Never    Forever    N/A
    We know now that RadicalKO was a scam server, run by Rafael.

The way I understand the situation (it's been a long time though) is this.

At the time, Vincent was preparing to launch OriginalKO, but due to his partner backing out at the last minute, he decided to sell the project to Rafael (before anyone knew about him. At this point, he's just a guy who wants to help continue the project.). Vincent gave him access to his account to manage the thread, as the hype was already built in the existing thread -- creating a new thread didn't seem ideal (obviously a horrible mistake in hindsight, but this alone has caused Vincent to be repeatedly banned as a scammer).

As this thread points out, Rafael used Vincent's account to scam someone.

When Rafael was promptly banned, so was Vincent's account. Fair enough, but he's been branded as a scammer for this reason, and repeatedly banned for bypassing this ban, which - although was a stupid mistake on his part - wasn't because of him scamming anyone. Rafael was the one that did the scamming. Vincent unknowingly enabled it by trusting Rafael to continue his project.

At this point I don't think the ban's appropriate. Rafael sure, but not so much Vincent.
    Account sharing is also against the rules, for this specific reason. You could go as far as say that Vincent is the reason Rafael was given the chance to scam people, thus making him also responsible.

Little archer Senior Member

I say unban them all! Not grobar though because reasons.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I say unban them all! Not grobar though because reasons.
    And Vincent.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Sadly I dont remember any particular names anymore. Only one that comes to mind is Funkz, and some of his group, dont remember names, he would know if he still cares to be unbanned anyway.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast