Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

check ip button

This is a discussion on check ip button within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; click a button in a persons profile or next to their name or w/e and it shows you other accounts ...
Page: 1

click a button in a persons profile or next to their name or w/e and it shows you other accounts that have logged with that ip

:lol: ?

click a button in a persons profile or next to their name or w/e and it shows you other accounts that have logged with that ip
    :lol: ?[/b]

Might as well make everyone a global moderator then...

Might as well make everyone a global moderator then...[/b]
    it'd be extremely effective against catching scammers and mods wouldn't have to do anything :/

Psy

I've had no problems with getting a moderator to check who has shared any ips on an account.

Unlike the other information, IP is a private information that not everyone must see. Knowing the person's IP can cause the person a security break, since its usually not shown anywhere. IP can usually use to track one's location and such, but it can be abused. Such as DDoS attack, hacking etc.

agree with c4pt4in, if u wanna know for sure just pm a admin/ global mod

venom

Then the forum will need completly new rules cuz the users should have to agree with that.

Unlike the other information, IP is a private information that not everyone must see. Knowing the person's IP can cause the person a security break, since its usually not shown anywhere. IP can usually use to track one's location and such, but it can be abused. Such as DDoS attack, hacking etc.[/b]
    no, im not talking about the ip, the ip still gets kept secret, it only shows you accounts that have logged with that ip

Ok, I understand what you're talking about now. Unfortunately, we still couldn't do it. The mod IP tool, the one we would have to modify to make it work for normal users, is complete shit. The only good one is in the ACP, which you can't have access to without having access to a lot of things that come with it.

venom

no, im not talking about the ip, the ip still gets kept secret, it only shows you accounts that have logged with that ip[/b]
    pretty useless^^ i guess almost everyone can get a new ip within 5minutes.

sexa

no, im not talking about the ip, the ip still gets kept secret, it only shows you accounts that have logged with that ip[/b]
    that should be good if it can be done. hope mods can find a way to deal with those problems and enable that feature. as also someone mentioned some people can renew their ip's easy.

edit : got another idea. maybe pm'ing someone should require you to have an amount of post counts? maybe 1 or 10. so 0 post ppl wont be able to pm others.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

a Global Mod ++ or an Admin can do advance ip checks and can let you know alot more about the numbewr of accounts using one ip ect.

Normally if I am on my msn you can just ask me and I will try and do it there and then for you.

I've had no problems with getting a moderator to check who has shared any ips on an account.[/b]
    I had no prob neither

Hypnos

If you wanted something like this, you should just display the first 2 or 3 octets. That way, the user still has privacy, and you know it's not someone on the other side of the planet.

Then the forum will need completly new rules cuz the users should have to agree with that.[/b]
    how would users have to agree with that? it's on every forum, admins/mods can see people's IP. don't want them to? don't visit the forums or use a proxy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast