Content Rewards

This is a discussion on Content Rewards within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I know you guys would love to have a bigger community. For that you need people who add content. Maybe ...
Page: 1

Default Content Rewards

I know you guys would love to have a bigger community. For that you need people who add content.

Maybe somehow add a system that gives you some kind of loyalty points or so. With those, you can have priveledges that others dont.

Its just a basic idea, haven't thought much about it. Just felt to add it, maybe others can come up with better ideas.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

I dont understand this.

What you mean by content? And what can you do with the points? or its just ranking?

Supertinus

Reputation system he means.
    Lets say you make a guide. When people found it usefull they click the +rep button or thanks button. How the more thanks or reputation u have u get exclusive stuff.
    But I see that more usefull on a cheating forum then a forum like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertinus View Post
    Reputation system he means.
    Lets say you make a guide. When people found it usefull they click the +rep button or thanks button. How the more thanks or reputation u have u get exclusive stuff.
    But I see that more usefull on a cheating forum then a forum like this.
    Thats kinda what I mean.

Aion for instance, you need content to attract people to this boards cuz thats why I started using ranking myself backdays. There were usefull guides/tips that helped me improve myself.

Usually people don't write guides unless they are extremely bored. With this system, you might get people to spend some of their spare time on guides / tips/ tricks or what so ever.

Was just a small suggestion, this needs to be worked out.

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Looks sweet

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Sounds like an idea we will discuss.

However, priority at the moment, as you can appreciate, is to get things back to usual first - deal with the major bugs, and get settled, then we can make the addons etc.

evilwevel

thread rating does that to a certain extend. if people see post that's highly rated they will pay attention to whoever made that post and if they come across the same name a few times i'm pretty sure that'll boost his/here reputation.

this doesn't give acces to special parts of the forum ofcourse, like th personal rep system would

Quote Originally Posted by soenne View Post
    Usually people don't write guides unless they are extremely bored. With this system, you might get people to spend some of their spare time on guides / tips/ tricks or what so ever.
    Guess that makes me the most bored person ever, cause I've been doing guides for all sort of games and technologies for the past 15 years or so

But yes, that's something vBulletin lets us do easily. We got ranks and promotions already setup, ratings and reputation aswell. Whenever someone meets the requirements for a new rank (based on aging, post, reputation or a combination) it gets promoted to a new rank which is associated with a group. That group can give him higher priviledges.

The platform for that is already in place. We just need to think in the right promotions and benefits. Right now as u can all see, this forum is almost default configuration with some tweaks and modifications. Just give me a few days to iron most of the priority 1 issues and then we will have enough time to setup this.

Keep coming those ideas.