People with status validating

This is a discussion on People with status validating within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; They are allowed to send private messages. Example simon235, I think he's a scammer. Offering on all my items, insane ...
Page: 1

Default People with status validating

They are allowed to send private messages.

Example simon235, I think he's a scammer. Offering on all my items, insane prices.

He sends me pms, but I cannot pm him back as his status is still "validating".

Would be a good thing to disable private messages for those people who r still "validating" their account.
    Last edited by simontjeuh; 08-22-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Been up here for 4 days, still no reaction. Still getting scam attempts of people with status validating....

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Hmm, weird. I'll take a look into this.

another one who keeps pming:

zash_

The 50 post limit is useless if they can just pm you...

Also people that are banned are allowed to send private messages.... I don't understand how this is/should be possible...

If you don't believe me, I have screens. Anyways, something is wrong here I think.

Cannot imagine people with status banned/validating should be allowed to send private messages.

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

Validating usergroup should no longer be able to send a private message; however, if someone has a "banned" tagged it doesn't mean that they are actually banned.

There are two cases where member could have a "banned" tag;

1) He/she is actually banned and if this is the case, he/she can NOT send a pm or do anything on his/her account.

2) Inactive accounts also get "banned" tag even though they are not banned.

I believe that you received a private message from a member who had been away for a long time but I'd like to confirm it if you could forward me the private message you received from this banned person.