Devile...Festo...w/e

This is a discussion on Devile...Festo...w/e within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Yeah, liek n ranking when you make a post, you can't make another one for 60 secs, same as here. ...
Page: 1

ChrisOwns

Default Devile...Festo...w/e

Yeah, liek n ranking when you make a post, you can't make another one for 60 secs, same as here. But on here u can't edit a post for ~60 secs so i think you should really make it no cool down time for a edit.

I'll see what can be done. Yes, it's annoying.

It was set at 60 seconds for a reason, it maybe can be lowered but that could affect ko4life

ChrisOwns

Why is there a cool down time on a edit, those are ment to be done before people read your post, given 60 secs anyone can read it and get the wrong idea if you didn't clearly point something out. Edit should have 0 cool down liek ranking.

the lower the time the more % cpu usage goes up if its set to say 10 it can increase the cpu % too much in which we loose our hosting as i believe

ChrisOwns

Why doesn't this happen to other forums? Ranking is a free forum yet they can do it?

Do u see search there? It's disabled cause it uses a LOT of CPU.

Here we dont have that problem anymore. I dont have a problem with removing the flood limit on editing but that requires a hack since posting and editing flood limit are the same.

ChrisOwns

lol you have to use a hack to edit your own forums? I'd rather a no cool down on editing then a search; seems like no one on here uses search anyway lol.

Your starting to annoy me now

Imhotep

chris... the 'hack' is just editied verison or edited php/phpbb code... and search is far more useful.

Done. No flood limit on editing.

Yes, search is lot more useful than just waiting few seconds to edit a message, that u should have thought clearly in the first place. Search reduces duplicated posts.

Besides, to be honest, what ChrisOwns thinks or not, is not important at all. Agreed to this feature just cause it annoyed me too. Hack means editing php code as Imhotep said. There is no option to change this on the Admin Panel. IPB has it, phpBB doesnt.

ChrisOwns

What I think doesn't matter? Excuse me for trying to point out things that should be changed, not to worry, it wont happen again.

::LoLz::

ey chris u little bitch why did ya wrote A.Q ALLAH btw i dont mind it but u r insulting others :huh:

Reinhard

:::Lolz:::: Theres a thing called "PM" if u wanna ask him something, pm him, dont start trying to make this a flame topic PERIOD.

Ty.