Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did something change or is it me ?

This is a discussion on Did something change or is it me ? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Dont know how the ads could be effecting this, seeing as how we dont have them anymore... and why we ...
Page: 2

Dont know how the ads could be effecting this, seeing as how we dont have them anymore... and why we dont know they just aren't showing up anymore[/b]
    even if u dont have em nemore the site itself is still trying to load it and when we load any page it trys to load fails so goes to page cannot be found which makes ie go back to try and load again when we try going back which is why u have to do back button twice

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

its weird i have to double click back button to go back on forums here never had to do it before i haven't changed shit in ages on this pc so iunno did u guys change nething ?[/b]
    i have this since like 4 months ago. best you can do is to put ko4life in your favourites and click on it.

Lag0nx

Firefox ftw.
    screw ie its slow and sucks.

kenpai

I have it to.

When loading a 'main page' of the forums, like some thread list, main section, sub forum the problem occurs. Also when i shift-click to open a topic in a new window it is cleary visible that the 'back' option of IE is now available. Which is strange, cause opening 1 page in a new window means there is no history yet to go back to. Uppon clicking back, the only thing changing is the above mentioned error by others. It will change to a white area.

I took a look at the source of these pages. And after a bit of puzzling i think it is this part that causes the problems. If you say you have no more adds, then i don't understand why this part is in the source. Somewhere you must be including a file or appending some html or have a master html page for this forum, where this is added.

(of course the 'br' and 'center' tags are not the issue, they just came with the copy/paste :-p

Code:
    <center>
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-7885400285115054";
    google_ad_width = 728;
    google_ad_height = 90;
    google_ad_format = "728x90_as";
    google_ad_type = "text_image";
    google_ad_channel = "";
    //--></script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    **src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script></center>
    A simple delete or cut to a backup file could tell you if this was causing the problem.

Also, the mentioned &#39;RES:// &#39; etc when right clicking on the &#39;you are not authorized&#39; error being displayed, then chosing properties, only references a local error file on your system to display set error. There is a dll in windows that contains this error. The &#39;double click to go back&#39; problem is not caused by a simple reference error where a local page is being used instead of a server side one. The problems lies (sp?) within the code from google.. i think.

llJuanMall

same thing here, its anoying....

clearly ppl dont like it fuck fix this shit cmon its soo fucking gay im in vent usually always idln somewhere and i always hear the chirp twice i can hardly deal with hearing it once

Banned

im using IE and have to click it twince...kind of agrivating
    and the add says im not authorized to view it :S

Banned Senior Member

We could probably fix it once we find out why the Ads aren&#39;t appearing on the site anymore

kenpai

We could probably fix it once we find out why the Ads aren&#39;t appearing on the site anymore[/b]
    You probably know what your talking about, i have no doubt. But do you actually want the ads on the site or not. If not then i am sure a simple removal of the code from my previous post would help. Even so, i would like to know if they did or didn&#39;t so i know i am talking crap :-p.

Banned Senior Member

The Ads pay for the hosting, people dont donate so we need some kind of way to keep the site online

The Ads pay for the hosting, people dont donate so we need some kind of way to keep the site online[/b]
    almost every fucker from diez has donator next to name dam i woulda donated but both my cards are on use with paypal and i dont want festo seeing my paypals

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

ali, schrotti, sephyro, strider, will4ryan, wagyar....thats the WHOLE list of donators, not even close to "almost every"

i was not aware theres a list !!!!!!! ur reply is unfair

i just donated 10 dollars PLS FIX THE BACK BUTTON NOW

kenpai

i just donated 10 dollars PLS FIX THE BACK BUTTON NOW[/b]
    xd

Ok, so the ad bit has to be fixed somehow. I have taken another look and i have no freaking idea how to solve the problem, but maybe i can make a head start, so some other &#39;smart&#39; person can fix it.

The error that some people get is a standard 403, you are not authorized error.

Now if you click back once, this error dissapears and the part where the error was before is now white. If you right click on that and select &#39;properties&#39; you will be presented with a windows dialogue box. In &#39;Address (URL)&#39; it will you give this link:

Code:
    http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-7885400285115054&dt=1179215553319&lmt=1179215553&format=728x90_as&output=html&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ko4life.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3F%26%26CODE%3D00&ad_type=text_image&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ko4life.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fs%3Db9c7ea5b076f7ea9864e35a02a4ed6ec%26act%3DLogin%26CODE%3D00&cc=100&flash=9&u_h=768&u_w=1024&u_ah=738&u_aw=1024&u_cd=32&u_tz=120&u_his=3&u_java=true
    You can paste this in a new browser window and receive the same 403 error.

After some trial and error, by removing and adding parts of that tag i think the error is caused by this part of that link:

Code:
    &url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ko4life.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3F%26%26CODE%3D00
    Remove this part from the link and past it in a browser, you will get your add.

Changing this part in certain ways will somehow (beats me why) fix the error aswell. I put a &#39; (quote) around this part and the add worked, using &#39;&url=http://www.ko4life.com&#39; (without quotes) will give you the error, using &#39;&url=http://www.kolife.com&#39; (notice: removed the 4) however will return you the ad. basicly there is something telling us we (or the script) are not auhorized to return www.ko4life.com, Cause if you leave everything of that bigass link origanal, but you change anything of &#39;ko4life&#39; in the &#39;url=http...&#39; the add works.

And by working i don&#39;t mean working correctly, it just shows up. Normally a link in that add should show up (bottom right of add) called &#39;place ad on this site&#39; (or something along that line), changing &#39;ko4life&#39; as said before will display the ad, but also a incorrect link in bottom right of ad.

Now, good luck, cause either these variables are returned by the google ad script or your website somehow adds them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast