Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How Should The Scammers Be Treated and How Can The Numbers Be Reduced

This is a discussion on How Should The Scammers Be Treated and How Can The Numbers Be Reduced within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Well I Have Spent a Lot on this game NO REGRET . Thnx to Ko4life for having a Market Place ...
Page: 1

TopCat

Well I Have Spent a Lot on this game NO REGRET . Thnx to Ko4life for having a Market Place where USD Deals can be done. I for 1 dunt like to farm shit. No time.. For me its easier to pay a few Bucks and Get Shit. But Recently wat i observed is a lot of Scammers on these Forums. ..People who have done good deals in the Past Turned to take up the Path of Scam to make a few bucks.. well when i see few bucks the number quiet often wud exceed 500 USD.. well its just not Fair.

Any Suggestion to Reduces these Scammers wondering around in this Forum is Welcome. If you wanna Flame me for spending go ahead..

I think if we are going to HAVE a USD market Place we should have mods helping in mediating in USD Deals.. It seems fair. If the Forum is gonna allow USD Deals it should also help with the Deals. Psys Guide to Paypal is Awesome.. WU is just a Fukign Piece of Trash for Scammers to Make money.. somethign Should Be Looked into that. Mods for USD Trade wud be great.But still we need get these scammers of this Forum. Its a Good place for em to make $$ really Fast and Get away...

ANY SUGGESTION?

Banned

Yea, mods should mediate. Anything to reduce the scamming is good IMO.

Banned

Well i will move this to ko4life section where it belongs and it will get more attention from the mods/admins there.

A WU receipt can easily be faked. Paypal people can charge back after the MOD gave them the items.

The USD trades aren't supported by us. We constantly inform people that USD trades are to be done at the risk of the buyer and seller. I don't really see how KO4Life could step in here to make it any safer without creating our own version of PayPal... Which we won't be doing, for obvious reasons.

TopCat

The USD trades aren't supported by us. We constantly inform people that USD trades are to be done at the risk of the buyer and seller. I don't really see how KO4Life could step in here to make it any safer without creating our own version of PayPal... Which we won't be doing, for obvious reasons.[/b]
    Well then the question remains if its not supported by Ko4life .. why should Ko4life have a market place dealing in USD.. igi igc should be the only terms used.. correct me if i am wrong.. well the fact that its not supported there are too many scammers.. anything else can be done to reduce this or its just gonna be an issue where anyone can scam no matter wat...

Well i will move this to ko4life section where it belongs and it will get more attention from the mods/admins there.

A WU receipt can easily be faked. Paypal people can charge back after the MOD gave them the items.[/b]

If thats the case then ppl using Psy`s guide for usd trade is not safe either.. Psy`s Guide it actually protecting the seller not the buyer.. we need something to protect the buyer...

Well then the question remains if its not supported by Ko4life .. why should Ko4life have a market place dealing in USD.. igi igc should be the only terms used.. correct me if i am wrong.. well the fact that its not supported there are too many scammers.. anything else can be done to reduce this or its just gonna be an issue where anyone can scam no matter wat...
    If thats the case then ppl using Psy`s guide for usd trade is not safe either.. Psy`s Guide it actually protecting the seller not the buyer.. we need something to protect the buyer...[/b]
    support and allow, are 2 different words.

There is little we can do, as I said. You (as a community, not you personally) want USD trading here. Fine, we can do that, but you have to understand the risks. We (the staff) have absolutely no way to help ensure that the trade goes smoothly. And we won't be putting our trade moderators in that awkward position. We don't want the time that they give up to help you all go to waste for getting falsely accused of stealing something.

If you can think of something that is FEASIBLE for us to do. (Which means nothing like my sarcastic idea in my first post (about a KO4Life-PayPal))

TopCat

There is little we can do, as I said. You (as a community, not you personally) want USD trading here. Fine, we can do that, but you have to understand the risks. We (the staff) have absolutely no way to help ensure that the trade goes smoothly. And we won't be putting our trade moderators in that awkward position. We don't want the time that they give up to help you all go to waste for getting falsely accused of stealing something.

If you can think of something that is FEASIBLE for us to do. (Which means nothing like my sarcastic idea in my first post (about a KO4Life-PayPal))[/b]

I understand i never said i did not WANT USD Trades but i asked the Community as a whole can a better method be used or can something else be implemented to make things run a bit smother and have less scammers.. At the Moment IMO the trust thingy is just not that great.. anyone can post there saying he is trusyable he is not... Maybe a bit more stricts rules about usd trades.. Maybe a more Realistic Trust section ..i dunno anything to keep them away.. Maybe even from now the Hall of shamers gettings IP ban in most cases then just a mere nick ban i dunno much about how things are run and i am not saying mods are not doing thier job.. niether am i sayin its a bad site.. all i am asking is can something be done about scammers so there are just less... and its not so easy to scam ..If This tOpic seems wrong anyoen can close it .. Its not meant to point Flaws of Ko4life.. its just a question ..

I understand i never said i did not WANT USD Trades but i asked the Community as a whole can a better method be used or can something else be implemented to make things run a bit smother and have less scammers.. At the Moment IMO the trust thingy is just not that great.. anyone can post there saying he is trusyable he is not... Maybe a bit more stricts rules about usd trades.. Maybe a more Realistic Trust section ..i dunno anything to keep them away.. Maybe even from now the Hall of shamers gettings IP ban in most cases then just a mere nick ban i dunno much about how things are run and i am not saying mods are not doing thier job.. niether am i sayin its a bad site.. all i am asking is can something be done about scammers so there are just less... and its not so easy to scam ..If This tOpic seems wrong anyoen can close it .. Its not meant to point Flaws of Ko4life.. its just a question ..[/b]

ko4life has already improoved a lot.... many would be scams haev been prevented thanks to the hall of shame idea.... and psy being an investigation moderator.

A lot of the times people get scammed is because of their stupidity, greediness, and their failure to scrutinize.

Half of the people that get scammed wouldnt have been scammed if they simply searched for the seller/buyer's email adress in the search.. or search for the person's ko4life name......

TopCat

ko4life has already improoved a lot.... many would be scams haev been prevented thanks to the hall of shame idea.... and psy being an investigation moderator.

A lot of the times people get scammed is because of their stupidity, greediness, and their failure to scrutinize.
    Half of the people that get scammed wouldnt have been scammed if they simply searched for the seller/buyer's email adress in the search.. or search for the person's ko4life name......[/b]
    Dude i didnt say anythign about Psy`s Hall of Shame or nething.. keep it out of my topic... u make things sound very easy when its not.. ppl been memeber here 2 yrs +++ had over 2500 ++ post ending up scamming .. i wunt mention names but 4 ppl i got scammed all were members since 2 yrs and 2500++ post.. I didnt say Ko4life doign a bad job i merely asked for suggestion.. if u aint got ne bb plz.. This topic is for SUGGESTION!!

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

here is a little point that maybe u havent noticed.

what would happen if this forum only allows igc/igi trades and there is another forum with the same problems like ko4life, (usd trades and scamming).

the thing is that ko4life now have the problem, if they wont allow usd anymore, there is going to be another forum and there is going to be scammers at that forum, and ppl would ask for support and so on.

besides, ppl DONT read the rules, so they got scammed by not reading or looking/searching for info about the ppl who they are going to trade with (this doesnt apply for ppl who never scammed before).

pretty much there is not a lot to do if the ppl are not carefull enough

TopCat

here is a little point that maybe u havent noticed.

what would happen if this forum only allows igc/igi trades and there is another forum with the same problems like ko4life, (usd trades and scamming).

the thing is that ko4life now have the problem, if they wont allow usd anymore, there is going to be another forum and there is going to be scammers at that forum, and ppl would ask for support and so on.

besides, ppl DONT read the rules, so they got scammed by not reading or looking/searching for info about the ppl who they are going to trade with (this doesnt apply for ppl who never scammed before).

pretty much there is not a lot to do if the ppl are not carefull enough[/b]
    There has to be soemthing.. offcourse i want usd trade lol i live on that shit... But where there is a will there is a way... i think we can come up with something to stop the scammm... Thats why i made the topic.. Open to Suggestion!!

Banned Senior Member

You can never stop a well known person of scamming later while they are on the forums

We have USD trades here, we dont support it but we allow it. I work in Internet Tech, but theres certain things we just cant support like routers. Yes they work with our service, but if you have a specific issue with it, sorry but your sol from us. We allow them here because as Shurt mentioned, the members want it. We dont mediate or support USD trades/sales and all of them are at the users risk. Our market mods watch the markets to make sure new accounts ( if they chose to have that rule in their section ) can not buy/sell for USD to prevent scamming or anything like that

When someone scams and there is sufficient proof of it, we ban their account, we ban their IP. If they try to come back onto the forums, good chance is they wont make it back unless they go through some other efforts just to get back here. We have Admin validation on the forums and I go through every account that registers on these forums and make sure they are clean, any suspicions on the account and I delete it before it's even allowed to use most forum options or even post.

A "ko4life" paypal wont do much either, hell members chargeback festo's paypal for DONATIONS to our forum, I wouldn't put it against them to charge back a public PP like that

Any Paypal can be just plain shit at times, there are ways to prevent your sale from being chargedback, and at the same time there are ways to chargeback and pretty much garuntee your victory.

Not sure how many members might remember that little time we banned USD trades on these forums, it last for all about 4 hours I believe before we had to remove it. USD is KO, like it or not but we do what we can to limit any scamming on our forums

TopCat

You can never stop a well known person of scamming later while they are on the forums

We have USD trades here, we dont support it but we allow it. I work in Internet Tech, but theres certain things we just cant support like routers. Yes they work with our service, but if you have a specific issue with it, sorry but your sol from us. We allow them here because as Shurt mentioned, the members want it. We dont mediate or support USD trades/sales and all of them are at the users risk. Our market mods watch the markets to make sure new accounts ( if they chose to have that rule in their section ) can not buy/sell for USD to prevent scamming or anything like that

When someone scams and there is sufficient proof of it, we ban their account, we ban their IP. If they try to come back onto the forums, good chance is they wont make it back unless they go through some other efforts just to get back here. We have Admin validation on the forums and I go through every account that registers on these forums and make sure they are clean, any suspicions on the account and I delete it before it's even allowed to use most forum options or even post.

A "ko4life" paypal wont do much either, hell members chargeback festo's paypal for DONATIONS to our forum, I wouldn't put it against them to charge back a public PP like that

Any Paypal can be just plain shit at times, there are ways to prevent your sale from being chargedback, and at the same time there are ways to chargeback and pretty much garuntee your victory.

Not sure how many members might remember that little time we banned USD trades on these forums, it last for all about 4 hours I believe before we had to remove it. USD is KO, like it or not but we do what we can to limit any scamming on our forums[/b]
    Completely agree wif u.. but the last 2 ppl i charged back.. it has been in hold for 5 weeks. lol.. still nothing.. newayz Phant thnx for ur post.. i guess then there is nothing more to do.. gotta accept some low lifers
    way of life!!

OwnWiew

i have really good deal .
    1. buyer will send money to mod's paypal and seller ( via request money - cant do charge back ) will give items/gbs to mod's char
    2. mod will give to buyer gbs/items and to seller send money to him paypal ..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast