Forum organization

This is a discussion on Forum organization within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; well i had this idea and im not sure how viable it is as its been a while since ive ...
Page: 1

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Default Forum organization

well i had this idea and im not sure how viable it is as its been a while since ive had admin on a vb forum but here goes...

is it possible to link social groups to user groups?

i know people are able to be in multiple usergroups, which can alter what u can or cannot see on a forum, but can social groups be linked to user groups?

my idea behind this is to make an official social group for each specific game...but joining that social group ud be signed up to that usergroup and by signing up to that usergroup u are then granted access to see that part of the forum

it might be a bit confusing at first but i think itd overall customize the forum for the better...u see the games ur a part of and would like to see, but dont see the forums for the part of the forums u have no interest in

so for example i play wow and cs so id sign up for those parts of the forum and id only see those, but my view of the forum wouldnt be cluttered with games i have no interest in playing and/or reading anything about

Bib Senior Member

So what happens if you decide and gain interested in a new game? you wont have access to it unlesss your saying that you should be able to access individual game forums whenevr you want by signing up and being approved etc.

its not a bad idea, but it woud be very time consuming to organize and get it working smoothly

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

Good idea, no idea whether it can be implemented though.

Basically the simple way of saying what your trying to say is by joining a specific usergroup you want to customise which parts of the forum u want to see, kind of like, say on the BBC homepage, you can select which different forms of news items you want on the homepage and ones you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ResserGD View Post
    Good idea, no idea whether it can be implemented though.

Basically the simple way of saying what your trying to say is by joining a specific usergroup you want to customise which parts of the forum u want to see, kind of like, say on the BBC homepage, you can select which different forms of news items you want on the homepage and ones you don't.
    yup creates a customized forum

then u can just set it so that every member is by default signed up for EVERYTHING and can then customize it from there...that way theres less confusion of stuff like "WHERE ARE ALL TEH FORUMS"

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

I actually like this idea a lot. Would really give people a chance to customize the forum to suit the indervidual needs. I will mention this to Devile and see what can and can not be done.

Just give me a reminder now and again to chase it up.

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

This is the whole reason we upgraded, is it not? To be able to expand past what IPB was allowing, I personally love the idea.

i bumpeth! any word from devile if its possible? xD

i once again bumpeth!

Inactive Member

good idea!