Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By West
  • 3 Post By Devile
  • 2 Post By Devile

Forum suggestion

This is a discussion on Forum suggestion within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; #1 Since Gamers4life is back again we don't want to divide the population between Ko4life and Ko4us. What we could ...
Page: 1

Default Forum suggestion

Since Gamers4life is back again we don't want to divide the population between Ko4life and Ko4us.
    What we could do is un-ban the people that "lead" us onto the new forum,while their actions weren't thought through very good,i still
    think they did not mean any harm (Simple wanted to improve the current situation).
    Snoxd is closing,meaning there will be no English KO developing scene,that's why we could start it here and expand the forum. (Would solve a lot of money issues as well)
    1. Create public developing scene (Which would be accessible for everyone)
    2. Create a special VIP - developing/donation group (Accesible if you donate to the forum each month,would hold "special" releases something you can't acces publicly)

I'm ready to contribute,i'm more than sure there are more people like me.
    I might not be on point with everything i said,so leave a message and let us know,what else could be done
    ReesesPieces likes this.

The problem with the latter is nobody contributes to any 'scene' anymore. If you wanted to do that, you could have done so perfectly fine there.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    The problem with the latter is nobody contributes to any 'scene' anymore. If you wanted to do that, you could have done so perfectly fine there.
    That's true,i didn't feel as if it would be needed. As for Gamers4life getting the starting "hype",might be something people are looking for. (For the good of the community,people would contribute; hope)

1. How come DELETING ALL the content of this forum "meant no harm"???? I'm sorry but I find that hard ... sorry ... impossible to believe. What if I didn't have a backup? What if for some reason, backups failed and we had no way to restore the database??? 7+ years of content and an endless amount of work would have been LOST forever. No harm?? Yeah right. Only 1 guy was permanently banned and thats MrRapist and there no way on earth I'm unbanning him EVER. I can go on and on about the REAL intentions behind this stupid move but it's pointless now.

2. I've never been against Snoxd so I don't know why this is even a question. If anyone wants to discuss development, I'm fine with it. We can fully support whatever that scene needs.
    nickos3, West and Darken like this.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    I wanted but I couldn't q_q

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    1. How come DELETING ALL the content of this forum "meant no harm"???? I'm sorry but I find that hard ... sorry ... impossible to believe. What if I didn't have a backup? What if for some reason, backups failed and we had no way to restore the database??? 7+ years of content and an endless amount of work would have been LOST forever. No harm?? Yeah right. Only 1 guy was permanently banned and thats MrRapist and there no way on earth I'm unbanning him EVER. I can go on and on about the REAL intentions behind this stupid move but it's pointless now.

2. I've never been against Snoxd so I don't know why this is even a question. If anyone wants to discuss development, I'm fine with it. We can fully support whatever that scene needs.
    As i've said they did it completely wrong,it shouldn't have been done the way it was,yet there was no other option in "attracting" people to the new forum i guess.
    End of the day you're the Administrator here you can decide what's right/wrong,but fact is you've been away for quite some time (Not that i blame you at all,you sure were up to bigger challanges than KO )
    If you wish to make this Forum work,you will have to give someone complete access,once you're gone i'm afraid this is going to happen again.
    We can try and help as much as we want,it's up to the Administration to make it work in the end.

Snoxd's hosting will expire on 02/04/2015. It won't be renewed.

If you're interested in preserving the content, please contact me and I'll set you up with the existing forums & database.
    You won't be able to continue using the forum's license, or use the domain name, but I can redirect it there for the next year until the domain inevitably expires (unless Stork randomly decides to renew it).

Note: if you don't know how to contact me, then I don't trust you enough for access, so please don't even try.
    ... http://www.snoxd.net/

The special VIP area for special content idea isn't really a good one. People will just leak what's there to their friends and shit. Only way that would be a good idea, is if that section is only accessible to people deemed worthy (Meaning someone would have to choose the trusties they feel will actually contribute and not leech). I'm in for the development section though. I'm pretty sure there are still a lot of PSKO developers that need help with their servers and stuff, but it would also be bad for them since players will be all "Look at this noob owner. Can't even fix bugs on his own server lulz".

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    As i've said they did it completely wrong,it shouldn't have been done the way it was,yet there was no other option in "attracting" people to the new forum i guess.
    End of the day you're the Administrator here you can decide what's right/wrong,but fact is you've been away for quite some time (Not that i blame you at all,you sure were up to bigger challanges than KO )
    If you wish to make this Forum work,you will have to give someone complete access,once you're gone i'm afraid this is going to happen again.
    We can try and help as much as we want,it's up to the Administration to make it work in the end.
    There's a lot of ways they could have done this differently but they didnt. U know why? Ambition and greed, disguised as good intentions to help the community. If u believe that story about good intentions and not having any other option, great, that's up to u, but dont expect me and others to swallow that monumental LIE. They even had the chance to THREATEN me to do that shit to get my attention fast or something instead of DOING IT but, whatever. People wanna believe whatever they want. Truth is, they had other choices but because of ambition and greed, they went that way and GAMBLED expecting I had no backups or that I wasn't gonna care to do anything about it (and they actually posted this in their forum). They lost. GG!

If I didn't want this to work, I wouldn't have spent thousands, yes, thousands of dollars from my own pocket to keep this site alive for years now. Is it just pride and ego? Fuck pride! I dont give a damn about it. I have a lot of work here, memories, history. I don't want all that gone. My good friend Grog was part of this and he died being a KO fan. All that was gonna be lost cause of the stupidity of 2 guys.

I'll do my best to improve things around and delegate the administration to a few guys. Leave all my contact details so they can reach me anytime and log at least once a month to see if things are going well. I won't leave until I pick those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    I was not part of Snoxd but I guess I can be trustworthy. If u tell me who to contact, I will.
    LambOfGod and Darken like this.

The profesionalism of Grog is something that I still admire nowadays.

I was not part of Snoxd but I guess I can be trustworthy. If u tell me who to contact, I will.
    twostars .

Little archer Senior Member

Unban mr rapist I will just ban him again, I am just saying. I hate power hungry self centered little kids

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

I remember Snoxd.. had a fling with playing around with PSKO development before college. Some very talented guys were there, glad they stopped supporting development that introduced koxp to the game.

I've opened the forums back up to allow for feedback on where to go from here. Devile has proposed merging in the content, which is certainly an option, so tell me what you think over at:
    Looking for suggestions on where to go from here - Suggestions and Feedback - Snoxd

Hopefully I'm not overstepping my bounds with this post.