Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
Like Tree3Likes

Gamers4life owner??

This is a discussion on Gamers4life owner?? within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Eh, he has some points. Some of the moderators on here are a bit.. power hungry and if they are ...
Page: 3


  1. #31
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Eh, he has some points. Some of the moderators on here are a bit.. power hungry and if they are adults? Surely don't act like it. I did receive an infraction from XLegendz but eh I sort of deserved it. On topic, I see topics closing and being deleted but without any reason or anything to it? I also love how MrRapist or whatever says to "quit whining" I guess I don't understand? You claim to be an adult but is he really crying? No? This is a feedback forum and is giving his feedback. Negative or positive? You don't need to reply with that. Some of the mods here do a damn fine job, XLegendz, Killing Spree, and Pendex0. But the rest of the junior moderators.. well they speak for themselves. I feel as if the Super Moderators or the one that are leading? Should probably lead a bit more and point out issues. If you close a topic? Usually you reply with why. If you ban someone? You usually say in the topic why and proof provided? If you delete a topic? Should probably PM the guy or girl of why you did it. That is common sense? Sure it takes you like 2-3 extra minutes but that prevents quite a bit of confusion.

    This is just my two cents. Take it as you will.

    -Reeses

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    On topic, I see topics closing and being deleted but without any reason or anything to it?
    Because you care so much, you probably realized that I already pointed out that his topic hasn't been deleted but moved to the right section. Hell it's the 2nd topic below this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    I also love how MrRapist or whatever says to "quit whining" I guess I don't understand? You claim to be an adult but is he really crying? No? This is a feedback forum and is giving his feedback. Negative or positive? You don't need to reply with that.
    Calling legendz a power hungry idiot is not feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Some of the mods here do a damn fine job, XLegendz, Killing Spree, and Pendex0. But the rest of the junior moderators.. well they speak for themselves.
    Because you obviously know so much, you probably know that Killing Spree quit gaming in general and is only on this forum once in a while right? Also you have no idea at all what moderator does what. And I am also sure that the rest of the junior mods ( I am the only "other" junior mod, derp ) not only speak for themself. I mean after all you don't like how I told him to quit whining for an infraction LEGENDZ gave him... And how am I speaking for myself when other mods pretty much repeated what I said? Your statement is obviously biased.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Usually you reply with why. If you ban someone? You usually say in the topic why and proof provided? If you delete a topic? Should probably PM the guy or girl of why you did it.
    If I or anyone bans someone, the reason will po up in the banlist.
    I don't junk topics anymore, except when the OP get's banned for scamming etc.

    Usually I ignore posts like yours because they obviously don't make sense but I love when people who have been here for 3 months try to tell us how the forum should be run lol.

  3. #33
    Senior Member N4v4rr0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    530

    Default

    If the original poster would speak to an officer of the law like that, he'd get more then an infraction. The tone of superiority is strong in that one.
    Moderators have to weigh every sentence and every word, because they have to behave themselves proffesionally. However you can't make everyone happy and they should be able to place their own views of a situation and opinions on this forum also. An infraction is just a little reminder that there are rules on this forum and that the people that use this forum have accepted them. It might not feel very nice to get 'punished' (especially when you are a grown up elderly apparently? ;p), but you should get over the fact if you go around thinking you are wronged everytime someone bumps into you, you wont have a pretty life.

    ps. Original poster: Who are you trying to kid with the i'm older over the internet so bow down and obey me act. If a policeofficer is younger then you are you gonna say MANNNN what do you know you are younger then me!

    I wouldn't say policeofficers and moderators are the same, but they are enforcing rules in their respective area's so move along sir nothing to see here.

  4. #34
    Amuse me Moderator razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    7,650

    Default

    that's a lot of questions, reeses.
    ReesesPieces likes this.

  5. #35
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    No where in my reply am I telling you how to run a forum. As let's be honest here? YOU don't really run anything. Yeah? He did go off the handle and call him an idiot. So yeah? That isn't feedback. But read the rest of his post except for one sentence. The other thing you said "You don't know what a moderator does" lol, you're shitting me right? Joking I hope? Been a moderator several times on several forums.

    The whole " you have been on this forum for three months" indeed I have been? But I have also been on a lot of other ones and they are ran much better. So please? Before you reply, let's read everything carefully and take it as it is. Anyways, thanks for the good laugh this morning.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    No where in my reply am I telling you how to run a forum. As let's be honest here? YOU don't really run anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    ..I love when people who have been here for 3 months try to tell us how the forum should be run lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Before you reply, let's read everything carefully and take it as it is.
    Do what you preach maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    The other thing you said "You don't know what a moderator does" lol, you're shitting me right? Joking I hope? Been a moderator several times on several forums.
    Sorry I expected you to get what I mean by the context... You can't see here which moderator does what. There are no logs, things go unnoticed, you know?

    Ignoring the rest because it's just random nonsense.



    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    Before you reply, let's read everything carefully and take it as it is.
    Let's break the op down:
    OP pointed out he posted a "stupid thing" - got infracted for it
    OP says his topic has been deleted - it was moved to the right section
    OP calls legendz a power hungry idiot - calls himself an adult

    No idea why you are still arguing lol.

  7. #37
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Alright. I am just saying.

  8. #38
    (\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    5,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    The other thing you said "You don't know what a moderator does" lol, you're shitting me right? Joking I hope? Been a moderator several times on several forums.
    He was referring to the fact that you don't know which moderator is moderating what. So when you say so and so does a good job moderating and so and so does not, you are really talking out of your ass because you have no clue which moderator actually moderated what. "Oh but so and so replied to the topic so they must have been the one who moderated it!!!!" No, all the moderators see when a topic gets moderated and see when a topic gets reported. It's not uncommon for one moderator to moderate something, and another will end up replying to the topic later realizing the situation has already been handled but still wanting to put their two cents in as well.

  9. #39
    Senior Member ioOi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nepal
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    "Oh but so and so replied to the topic so they must have been the one who moderated it!!!!" No, all the moderators see when a topic gets moderated and see when a topic gets reported. It's not uncommon for one moderator to moderate something, and another will end up replying to the topic later realizing the situation has already been handled but still wanting to put their two cents in as well.
    Happens most of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    He was referring to the fact that you don't know which moderator is moderating what. So when you say so and so does a good job moderating and so and so does not, you are really talking out of your ass because you have no clue which moderator actually moderated what.
    I think there is an option which gives the names of the moderator at the end of moderated posts? idk i haven't moderated forums in like over 7/8 years :/ But when i was working on one, our admin wanted us to write down the reason to why the post was edited for future refrences.

  10. #40
    PNW 360 Hardcore, WA Senior Member Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Infidel, OSKO
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReesesPieces View Post
    No where in my reply am I telling you how to run a forum. As let's be honest here? YOU don't really run anything. Yeah? He did go off the handle and call him an idiot. So yeah? That isn't feedback. But read the rest of his post except for one sentence. The other thing you said "You don't know what a moderator does" lol, you're shitting me right? Joking I hope? Been a moderator several times on several forums.

    The whole " you have been on this forum for three months" indeed I have been? But I have also been on a lot of other ones and they are ran much better. So please? Before you reply, let's read everything carefully and take it as it is. Anyways, thanks for the good laugh this morning.
    If a guy walks up to you and calls you a fucking waste of space idiot no matter what he says after that it will never be positive criticism. Not sure where you you took your public speech class but maybe you should try harder next semester...
    N4v4rr0 likes this.

  11. #41
    Devil's Advocate Senior Member Zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nublet View Post
    Hes not crying,actually he has a point,a valid point.I know a mod in this forum that abuse of his position,and seriously,thats freakin lame.
    But well,honestly i think owner of the forum doesnt care nowadays,no one see him active,so yeah,i guess you gotta deal with it dude,sh1t happens...
    BUT I AM WITH YOU.
    OP and you both use excessive commas in your posts. Interesting coincidence ;P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Gamers4Life Rules
    By Devile in forum Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
  2. [book] for aga owners o.O
    By Kalais in forum Media
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 05:18 AM
  3. New Game Security Now and owners?
    By synergyhockey in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 11:06 AM
  4. anyone know the owner of sinpriest(xig)?(before hacked)
    By STevarius in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 12:19 PM
  5. No Longer The Owner of CAX
    By Phantom478 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 01:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •