Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

This is getting fucking pathetic

This is a discussion on This is getting fucking pathetic within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I'm getting sick of the anti-American sentiments on this forum. Its just fucking pathetic that you can get away with ...
Page: 1

Robokill

I'm getting sick of the anti-American sentiments on this forum. Its just fucking pathetic that you can get away with stereotyping an entire nation by using an uneducated redneck or a little kid and say that this person speaks for the nation.

This is in karysa's signature, for reference post #42 of the official forums thread.

Enough is enough. I don't talk shit about your nation, you don't need to talk shit about mine.

but when every1 talk shit about turks, and spanish in c-west you stay silent?

Zaczaco11

but when every1 talk shit about turks, and spanish in c-west you stay silent?[/b]
    no, you stay silent, he's standing up for his country.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Wait, did your pride get hurt? Awwwwwww. Cry baby.

Being hypocrite much, aren't we? I don't see any topic by you, complaining about the way the turks are being belittled in this forum. I'm pretty sure if searched your posts/topic I'd at least find one statement of you generalizing the entire turkish nation, but hey.. since it's america we're talking about!!!1111

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

learn to accept the truths

im american and i realize that sig is true in so many senses...i believe arca has me in his sig flaming americans

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

what goes around comes around

when i say 'fukin turks' i mean the bad turks ingame, ofc not all of them are as dumb and ignorant as the children on ko. That sig is a bit wrong and prejudice towards americans, although most of them are arogant as fuck.

Robokill

Wait, did your pride get hurt? Awwwwwww. Cry baby.

Being hypocrite much, aren't we? I don't see any topic by you, complaining about the way the turks are being belittled in this forum. I'm pretty sure if searched your posts/topic I'd at least find one statement of you generalizing the entire turkish nation, but hey.. since it's america we're talking about!!!1111[/b]
    I assumed I would get the diez bandwaggon on my ass. Guess I assumed correctly.

Search my posts if you wish; I don't recall generalizing any nation.

No, it is not hypocracy. It is patriotism. Why should I have patriotism for a country I do not have citizenship to, or any relation for that matter? It is not my fault that the Turkish are generalized, nor is it my duty to defend them. That is the job of the Turkish players on this forum. I frankly also find you, Schrotti, to be hypocritical because I know without doubt that you would defend your country's integrity if I were to insult it. Most likely you would do this by doing what I usually see you doing in these types of topics: flaming America of course.

Yes, I am hurt that this sig display is very disrespectful to my country. The upside down flag is only meant to be used as a distress signal, but here it is used as a sign of disrespect.

You would all feel similar to the way I do if I were to make a topic, post, or display against your country; therefore, I ask you to not do me the disfavor of insulting my country.

I'm trying to be civil here, but if you all want to play dirty, lets play ball.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Wrong. First of all, I do have the american citizenship and I'm in no bit offended to that signature. What-so-ever. Patriotism? More like Naziism. No, I wouldn't get upset of a german flag being burned, or made fun of or or or or. Because frankly, I don't give a shit of what someone behind another computer screen thinks. Pathetic? Yes, However, doesn't change the fact of it being free speech. He can disrespect ones nation as much as he likes, be it public or in private. It is very much so hypocrite of you, not because of not defending the turkish community but rather flaming them along with this entire forum. People show hate towards america/americans, hey, guess what.. there must be somewhat of a reason behind their hating, don't you think? You and your patriotism for a country is one for example.

I frankly also find you, Schrotti, to be hypocritical because I know without doubt that you would defend your country's integrity if I were to insult it. Most likely you would do this by doing what I usually see you doing in these types of topics: flaming America of course.[/b]
    This kinda made me giggle. I usually don't show hate towards anothers nation or generalize even, If so in most cases it would be sarcasm, should we start pointing the sarcasm out for you? Just like we do for Vandy on IRC by using [sarcasm][/sarcasm]?
    As stated before, I wouldn't give a shit if you're disrespecting Germany, I most likely would pull some cheesy joke and be fine.. Why should it bother me in any way, at all?

I assumed I would get the diez bandwaggon on my ass. Guess I assumed correctly.

Search my posts if you wish; I don't recall generalizing any nation.

No, it is not hypocracy. It is patriotism. Why should I have patriotism for a country I do not have citizenship to, or any relation for that matter? It is not my fault that the Turkish are generalized, nor is it my duty to defend them. That is the job of the Turkish players on this forum. I frankly also find you, Schrotti, to be hypocritical because I know without doubt that you would defend your country's integrity if I were to insult it. Most likely you would do this by doing what I usually see you doing in these types of topics: flaming America of course.

Yes, I am hurt that this sig display is very disrespectful to my country. The upside down flag is only meant to be used as a distress signal, but here it is used as a sign of disrespect.

You would all feel similar to the way I do if I were to make a topic, post, or display against your country; therefore, I ask you to not do me the disfavor of insulting my country.

I'm trying to be civil here, but if you all want to play dirty, lets play ball.[/b]
    Actually he wouldn't, Schrotti knows that every German is a fucking nazi.

To be serious though, your exact same argument can be said about 90% of the people here. I'm quite sure that if we took a poll of the Turkish population, they would think that our ban on them is very disrespectful to their country because we are stereotyping their entire country based on the actions of a few. Do you think we should remove that ban? And if we do, then I'm assuming you'd like there to not be a KO4Life (since it would be down due to repeated DDoS'ing).

In case my point hadn't gotten across, it is simply a case of free speech. In case I am very, very mistaken, free speech is a part of the Constitution of the United States (first amendment to be precise). While it is true that you can't say ANYTHING that you want, we do let our users have their freedom in some areas. Now, do I think his signature is a bit inappropriate, sure, but that is his view-point. Being an American myself, I can easily see where the claims of ignorance are derived from. In fact, I say that same thing almost daily about many of the people I see on the news or even in my own school.

Banned

I love America. People are gonna bash it no matter what you say, its the land of opportunity and freedom and some just can't handle that so they bash us. Just brush it off and be the bigger person.

Americaaaa
    Fuck Yea

Robokill

Wrong. First of all, I do have the american citizenship and I'm in no bit offended to that signature. What-so-ever. Patriotism? More like Naziism. No, I wouldn't get upset of a german flag being burned, or made fun of or or or or. Because frankly, I don't give a shit of what someone behind another computer screen thinks. Pathetic? Yes, However, doesn't change the fact of it being free speech. He can disprect ones nation as much as he likes, be it public or in private. It is very much so hypocrite of you, not because of not defending the turkish community but rather flaming them along with this entire forum. People show hate towards america/americans, hey, guess what.. there must be somewhat of a reason behind their hating, don't you think? You and your patriotism for a country is one for example.
    This kinda made me giggle. I usually don't show hate towards anothers nation or generalize even, If so in most cases it would be sarcasm, should we start pointing the sarcasm out for you? Just like we do for Vandy on IRC by using [sarcasm][/sarcasm]?
    As stated before, I wouldn't give a shit if you're disrespecting Germany, I most likely would pull some cheesy joke and be fine.. Why should it bother me in any way, at all?[/b]
    I still want to see my flaming of the Turkish nation.

Ok, so I have patriotism for my country. That is no reason to hate an American. If it is taken to the extreme, however, is a valid reason to dislike an Americam (i.e.- "HI I'M AMERICAN I OWN I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE!!"), but never hate the whole nation. If i had the same rationale as you, I would be hating many people across every nation of the world.

But yes, please point out some sarcasms of mine. But remember I don't get my facts from a horrible excuse for a documentary called Fahrenheit 9-11.

Actually he wouldn't, Schrotti knows that every German is a fucking nazi.

To be serious though, your exact same argument can be said about 90% of the people here. I'm quite sure that if we took a poll of the Turkish population, they would think that our ban on them is very disrespectful to their country because we are stereotyping their entire country based on the actions of a few. Do you think we should remove that ban? And if we do, then I'm assuming you'd like there to not be a KO4Life (since it would be down due to repeated DDoS'ing).

In case my point hadn't gotten across, it is simply a case of free speech. In case I am very, very mistaken, free speech is a part of the Constitution of the United States (first amendment to be precise). While it is true that you can't say ANYTHING that you want, we do let our users have their freedom in some areas. Now, do I think his signature is a bit inappropriate, sure, but that is his view-point. Being an American myself, I can easily see where the claims of ignorance are derived from. In fact, I say that same thing almost daily about many of the people I see on the news or even in my own school.[/b]
    Maybe it is free speech, but I recall an incident with OmgThisIsMe and his sig of an Israeli soldier, and the whole incident ended in the offensive sigs being removed. Why should this case be any different? Regardless of free speech, the rules should not be bent for certain individuals.

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

In this world, you're going to come across a lot of things that offend you - at some point, you'll realize that you cannot control things, but only how you react to them.

After reading this topic, allow me to make the following observations:

1. Some people might consider your signature offensive Robokill because it contains a religious symbol.
    2. This forum has rules which are enforced at the discretion of the admins/moderators, not the users.
    3. It is optional for you to visit here and users who are offensive to you may be ignored, using the ignore function.

Therefore, it is my position that perhaps you ought to not be so easily offended, consider your own position, learn to ignore the things that deserve to be ignored and continue to move through life respectfully treating others as they treat you and vice versa.

/2¢

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

What do you expect from a forum where everyone is anonymus? Sure, he can put that in his signature, but I bet you won't see him wearing a shirt with it stamped on it and walking on the streets.

You can't control what people say, show or do in the Internet. It can be edited/deleted, but that's unlikely to make it stop.

The signature does seem wrong, and should be removed along with punishment for the user. One thing is to say that one doesn't agrees with a country's politics/rulers/people/etc, but to mock and insult them in such a way isn't right.

Robokill

In this world, you're going to come across a lot of things that offend you - at some point, you'll realize that you cannot control things, but only how you react to them.

After reading this topic, allow me to make the following observations:

1. Some people might consider your signature offensive Robokill because it contains a religious symbol.
    2. This forum has rules which are enforced at the discretion of the admins/moderators, not the users.
    3. It is optional for you to visit here and users who are offensive to you may be ignored, using the ignore function.

Therefore, it is my position that perhaps you ought to not be so easily offended, consider your own position, learn to ignore the things that deserve to be ignored and continue to move through life respectfully treating others as they treat you and vice versa.

/2¢[/b]
    Yes, the Chuck Norris sig is a joke thing and I think many recognize it, but if anyone thinks it is offensive I will remove it without hesitation.

What do you expect from a forum where everyone is anonymus? Sure, he can put that in his signature, but I bet you won't see him wearing a shirt with it stamped on it and walking on the streets.

You can't control what people say, show or do in the Internet. It can be edited/deleted, but that's unlikely to make it stop.

The signature does seem wrong, and should be removed along with punishment for the user. One thing is to say that one doesn't agrees with a country's politics/rulers/people/etc, but to mock and insult them in such a way isn't right.[/b]
    Very well put, in fact, better than I could have, if I understand correctly what you are saying.

Dro you have gained respect from me, again, if I understood correctly.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast