Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Completely pointless and annoying, VOTE TO CHANGE IT

95 84.82%
  • This rule has upsides, KEEP THIS RULE

17 15.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This has gone on long enough!

This is a discussion on This has gone on long enough! within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; So, what do you think? Should the rule that we can't edit our posts 1 week after they're created be ...
Page: 1

Aba

So, what do you think? Should the rule that we can't edit our posts 1 week after they're created be changed? Personally I think it's pointless, but one person isn't enough to get anyone to actually do anything about it and change it...\

Why do I think it's pointless and actually BAD?

1.)People look at the first page of a selling post in the market section just by instinct to see what is for sale, after a week, you can't say what is sold, or add items to the list, this causes people to have to make more unnecessary posts which created flooded, annoying, tediously repeditive posts.

2.)People who actually decide to do something for the community (aka, make a PK video post, create a list of "old school good guns" [lol], or just want to make a guide) can not add videos, fix dead links, incorporate more people to those lists, or edit their guides to be more effective

3.)Information that changes overtime that is actually very important CAN'T BE FIXED! It becomes useless and people who have perhaps bookmarked the topic or whatever are using bad information!

what does everyone else think?

P.S. of course no promises...I can't change anything but maybe we can influence someone to...I think it would help if you guys posted comments too, but a vote is important!

Banned

It's extremely annoying when you have one large buying/selling post and you continue to edit it as you buy/sell things. If you could continue to edit it, it would cut down on some posts in market section.

RiseAgainst_

I hate that rule

Completly pointless

Cadence96

3.)Information that changes overtime that is actually very important CAN'T BE FIXED! It becomes useless and people who have perhaps bookmarked the topic or whatever are using bad information![/b]
    Yeah, it is important to keep some topics uneditable as those can be used in a future as a backup to proove (for example) a scam.

About the selling topics it's true that it is important to keep them updated. But what happen when a new version of antivirus is launched? Simply, you have to replace it; in the forum context it can be done creating a new topic.

Banned

Completly pointless[/b]
    word.

Banned

Completly pointless[/b]
    +1

Banned

Completly pointless[/b]
    +1

DragonFire

I voted to take it away, I don't really think it's needed.

Boyce

Completly pointless[/b]
    agreed

Banned

especially change it for market section...if i get a new item i think i should be able to edit my post rather then remake every time

Just have posts uneditable in certain sections such as cheaters and stuff.

I hate the rule also, I cannot work on my own Turkish Word list for my topic that I started at the bottom.

LithiumBunny12

this will also cause the need not to have to recreate new posts and reuse the older ones.

Hostage

Keeps well for records. If someone is being scammed, we can usually go back to topics and posts to have a little more proof to weed out scammers.

Keeps well for records. If someone is being scammed, we can usually go back to topics and posts to have a little more proof to weed out scammers.[/b]
    I dont see any reason why sections like Game Questions & Tips, Tech Support, Media, KO4Life, Player Trustability Inquiries, Off Topic and Knowledge Base should have any scamming related posts there, so why not at least setup these sections to be editable forever?
    I can understand this feature is handy and useful for sections like General Chat, Cheaters, In-Game Requests and Account Problems / Hacked Accounts. But for Clan and market sections I dont really know which decision would be best, by disabling this feature on market section might kill some track of scamming..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast