Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

How to make the site profitable

This is a discussion on How to make the site profitable within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; I dont like the idea of allowing name changes unless we have a way show it in a specific page ...
Page: 2

I dont like the idea of allowing name changes unless we have a way show it in a specific page so everyone knows who that "new guy" is. A VIP section doesn't make much sense since there's no real benefit for it. Unless we had specific private content that is worth paying for ... maybe in the future, but not right now. Cosmetics sure, that's always fun but bottom line is, a VIP or donator status will only mean u are supporting the site and there aren't many benefits to it ... for now.

Stickies and the other ideas make a lot of sense. Just trying to understand what would be a fair price.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I dont like the idea of allowing name changes unless we have a way show it in a specific page so everyone knows who that "new guy" is. A VIP section doesn't make much sense since there's no real benefit for it. Unless we had specific private content that is worth paying for ... maybe in the future, but not right now. Cosmetics sure, that's always fun but bottom line is, a VIP or donator status will only mean u are supporting the site and there aren't many benefits to it ... for now.

Stickies and the other ideas make a lot of sense. Just trying to understand what would be a fair price.
    What does fair price mean for you ?

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

I think 1 week of a sticky thread in a specific section for 15$ would be a fair price. 1 month for 40?

Little archer Senior Member

prices could be per sticky, with varied time lengths.

1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month.

example: 10$, 17.50$, 30$.

Additional customization could also mean a bonus payment... maybe.

VIP members (basically donators) could have a myriad of improvements, avatar borders, special colored names (just one color, dont need a rainbow forum)
    , custom profiles (backgrounds, icons), custom forum themes, forum threads bolded, flood control removed, etc.

pricing could be sorted in longer intervals like: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and a year.
    Adi likes this.

The problem is, once devile's gone again, how staff will be able know who paid or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by nickos3 View Post
    The problem is, once devile's gone again, how staff will be able know who paid or not ?
    can always redirect the payments to yours truly

ehehehe

The person could contact me , I got ways to contact either Devile or mbjrz ,but that aint fixing the problem ,just making it more complex , but in the wrost scenario I could still be able to manage that.

Quote Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
    The person could contact me , I got ways to contact either Devile or mbjrz .
    If you can get a response from them within a day, then fine...

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

● Private server advertisement. (Sticky topic, for monthly price)
    ● A lot of advertisement for non members of forum (guests) this would also force guests, and lurkers to register ------> i.e benefit = increased user base.
    ● Maybe very soft, and decent advertisement for forum members too. I use adblock so I dont care But not everyone does.
    ● Vip members are fine idea. There would have to be created some worthy benefits for them, and depending on that set price.
    ● Maybe forum donate button too, if someone just wants to support forum without not caring about Vip / premium.

● General forum activity increase is going to raise value of all above mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    ● Private server advertisement. (Sticky topic, for monthly price)
    ● A lot of advertisement for non members of forum (guests) this would also force guests, and lurkers to register ------> i.e benefit = increased user base.
    ● Maybe very soft, and decent advertisement for forum members too. I use adblock so I dont care But not everyone does.
    ● Vip members are fine idea. There would have to be created some worthy benefits for them, and depending on that set price.

● Maybe forum donate button too, if someone just wants to support forum without not caring about Vip / premium.

● General forum activity increase is going to raise value of all above mentioned.

Please, don't bring G4L so low C_C

Why should guests be forced to register ? Perhaps you can disable the view of some sections from guests... but the above AD suggestions... please no.

What does fair price mean for you ?
    If u feel the benefit is worth paying the price, then that's a fair price. If it's the general consensus that $30 a month feels worth to keep your PS topic with sticky, then that's a fair price. But I dunno about PS or prices on stickies, that's why I ask.

Also, if something like this happens it has to be automated. U pay, u gain the benefit ... straight forward. No emails, no PMs, no need to contact anyone UNLESS something didn't work with the process.

In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Please, don't bring G4L so low C_C

Why should guests be forced to register ? Perhaps you can disable the view of some sections from guests... but the above AD suggestions... please no.
    Thats true, well it would not particularly force them. But if their are viewing site often, then they might want to. And they can use adblock too. Its just an idea, and it wouldnt affect regular users at all negatively, instead would bring profits to site, which could then be used to further benefit the site.

If u feel the benefit is worth paying the price, then that's a fair price. If it's the general consensus that $30 a month feels worth to keep your PS topic with sticky, then that's a fair price. But I dunno about PS or prices on stickies, that's why I ask.

Also, if something like this happens it has to be automated. U pay, u gain the benefit ... straight forward. No emails, no PMs, no need to contact anyone UNLESS something didn't work with the process.
    Well, it depends. If this was a turkish forum and it was well populated, the price was going to be ~100-110$.

Since the english private servers are not many and advertisement topics written in turkish language are forbidden here, paying for a sticky doesn't worth it. <- First thing you guys must deal with.

Also there aren't many private server players browsing this forum. Not many, compared to another forums.

So, personally I'd stick to 30$ as razor said, or to 40$ as adi said.
    I said 50$ in another post because after making sticky threads for sale available, it'd attract more people in the psko section.

Well, it depends. If this was a turkish forum and it was well populated, the price was going to be ~100-110$.

and advertisement topics written in turkish language are forbidden here, paying for a sticky doesn't worth it. <- First thing you guys must deal with.
    Unless we decide to open language community sections, and allow turkish there. It could boost this site with hell alot new members, and stuff. However its bit controversial topic, and would have to be discussed openly. Considering what it could bring to this site.

Since the english private servers are not many and advertisement topics written in turkish language are forbidden here, paying for a sticky doesn't worth it. <- First thing you guys must deal with.

Also there aren't many private server players browsing this forum. Not many, compared to another forums.

So, personally I'd stick to 30$ as razor said, or to 40$ as adi said.
    I said 50$ in another post because after making sticky threads for sale available, it'd attract more people in the psko section.
    my prices were just referential, to indicate the usual kinda package that is cheaper in the long run the more you pay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast