Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

How to make the site profitable

This is a discussion on How to make the site profitable within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; Sorry. I overlooked that part about addsense. But Im sure there can be something done about it? Other methods: ● ...
Page: 3

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Sorry. I overlooked that part about addsense. But Im sure there can be something done about it?

Other methods:

● Find bigger gaming, or technical sponsors. First I would start with would be Nttgame. Maybe they would show us some love (support). I know they dont have many reasons to like us, because of private servers advertised here, and usd trades going on. However this site has been bringing people back to KO in the past, and greatly contributed to that. If some cooperation was started both sides could benefit from that.

Then try other gaming technical companies as well.
    UltimatePvP likes this.

In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

● Make this website official ESN codes reseller. There are numerous people coming here asking how to buy esn, where to buy, and having problems with that. I would loose my ESN codes customers this way, but Im willing to give that up if I participate in profits from this site in general.

Create trading fee system. There are many many users who made hundreds, thousands, some even tens thousands of usd from trading using this site. System would work like this. 1% fee for both trading sides. They would have panel showing their usd trades, working as trust vouching system too. Each trade would be summed up there with details, amount of money traded etc.

So lets say two people are trading char with items worth 1000$. Each would pay fee of 10$, bringing 20$ to the site. Minimum fee 1$ in case of trades of smaller than 100$. Of course we have no way to force people to use this everytime they trade, however if people want to make themselves trustworthy they would note these trades using our trading fee method.
    This forum can be viewed by nonmembers as well, and If someone have many of succesfull trades here, shown by his trade bar / panel. He can show that on other sites, if he is new there, and needs to show that he is trustworthy for usd business.
    Jonko and ZiggZaggClickClack like this.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

About the VIP:
    I do think the only way to make it attractive is applying GUI-advantages to the VIP status, having a VIP section is quite useless, there used to be one on Ko4Life (before g4l) and that section was just dead, hardly any posts were made in that section.
    Smooth likes this.

you guys are all talking about the private server section, but for example, in the market section if someone is a big time reselling for gold bars, or items in certain servers such as Darken, then paying an extra $ a month or so to keep his topic pinned in the market section with possibly a colour would make all the difference.

Use the media section as a advertisement section also for private servers if you wished?
    allow developers who are looking to sell there service's to pay a monthly fee to get pinned topic / coloured in the private server market.
    allow people to pay a monthly fee to have some sort of clan tag in there name to show who there playing with ingame.

point system where people can buy / sell points to buy stuff from people on KO? like a forum currency, thus making mods be the middle men and taking a small cut for doing so? which goes to the forum.

im sure i could come up with some more
    Killing spree, Darken and regiss like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Go on! They are good ones! And Hey Killing! baba

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    If u feel the benefit is worth paying the price, then that's a fair price. If it's the general consensus that $30 a month feels worth to keep your PS topic with sticky, then that's a fair price. But I dunno about PS or prices on stickies, that's why I ask.

Also, if something like this happens it has to be automated. U pay, u gain the benefit ... straight forward. No emails, no PMs, no need to contact anyone UNLESS something didn't work with the process.
    I'd say start with 50$ a month per server stickie. Since nickos recommended that prices and he owns server we could start with that and see where it goes. Doesn't have to be automated, just trustworthy stuff member has to be chosen to receive payments, and put stickies for paid servers regularly.

A VIP section doesn't make much sense since there's no real benefit for it. Unless we had specific private content that is worth paying for ... maybe in the future, but not right now. Cosmetics sure, that's always fun but bottom line is, a VIP or donator status will only mean u are supporting the site and there aren't many benefits to it ... for now.

Stickies and the other ideas make a lot of sense. Just trying to understand what would be a fair price.
    Some are willing just to donate that way not caring about benefits.
    Some people are willing to get VIP membership just to have special coloured name. I can vouch this I saw it happeneing at other forums.
    Other possible benefit. Create small clan subforum section. There are many smaller, or bigger clans that dont have their own forums. Dont have money, or time or knowledge to make one. VIP members could have started their own clan section, having moderator powers in that particular section of forum. It could be viewed, and posted in just by them, and members of their clan which would have to be added permision by their clan leader VIP member. Rest of clan members wouldnt have to be VIP then. Maybe just Clan leader, and assists to manage their own small sub forum clan section.
    ZiggZaggClickClack and Jonko like this.

www.professionalko.com Senior Member nickos3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I'd say start with 50$ a month per server stickie. Since nickos recommended that prices and he owns server we could start with that and see where it goes. Doesn't have to be automated, just trustworthy stuff member has to be chosen to receive payments, and put stickies for paid servers regularly.
    For the beginning it should be lower, just to get some traffic. 50$ should be the end price.

Once all these beta servers will turn into official launch & you, somehow, change the current adv rules so we can finally see turkish servers advertised, the offers for a pinned topic are going to be too many.

Senior Member ZiggZaggClickClack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    Other possible benefit. Create small clan subforum section. There are many smaller, or bigger clans that dont have their own forums. Dont have money, or time or knowledge to make one. VIP members could have started their own clan section, having moderator powers in that particular section of forum. It could be viewed, and posted in just by them, and members of their clan which would have to be added permision by their clan leader VIP member. Rest of clan members wouldnt have to be VIP then. Maybe just Clan leader, and assists to manage their own small sub forum clan section.
    Good idea...Any active clan on USKO or PSKO section would pay for this thingie if it`s sorted out well i guess... Recruitment sections are kinda messy on both PSKO and USKO,so the VIP would allow acces to a whole new level of searching for clan... Also that idea about vouch & trade system is really good. Keep up the good ideas .

PS. Don`t go above 30$ for start for the PSKO server`s.

To be honest, a website as old as this made up of over 4 million posts is generating a fuck ton of traffic through google I'm sure, including the domain name -- adsense or other PPC campaigns would be a huge start in profitizing this 'niche'. Could also provide some type of premium membership which members could subscribe to to be allowed to use the market place for USD trades and perhaps other new areas. The premium membership would also ensure that the admin's would have a copy of the people who are trading for USD in the market place's information, which could be used should someone decide to scam/steal. I don't agree with anything related to charging money in the private server areas as this will 1.) violate ToS of almost every major ppc including google adsense, and 2.) turn into a turk fest.

Banned

Make the people who make money off trading to get a trusted status.

For instance you charge them 50$ to get that status for a year.
    They should be trustworthy for every transaction < 50$ since they will get their acc banned if they scam.

That way it's win - win.

- You don't have to invest your own money on the forum ( i guess you'll make a shit ton of money from it tbh... ).
    - People who actually do a lot of trades here will have more transactions with others users since instead of people "vouching" they'll have invested money into the forum to make business off it, that makes them more trusty.

Everyone wins because if you don't want to get scammed for a 20$ trade i doubt someone who paid a year subscription would scam for 20$....or that guy is really cheap and retarded.

And actually, the 50$ that i suggested should be free amount that way they have a title "trusty for $xxx", of course these guys could scam someone like every other users but they'd lose their acc...

New users are having hard times trading with money because noone trust each other (which i can understand with the fucked up community KO has) so that will also help the new users to start trading.

I dont like the idea of allowing name changes unless we have a way show it in a specific page so everyone knows who that "new guy" is. A VIP section doesn't make much sense since there's no real benefit for it. Unless we had specific private content that is worth paying for ... maybe in the future, but not right now. Cosmetics sure, that's always fun but bottom line is, a VIP or donator status will only mean u are supporting the site and there aren't many benefits to it ... for now.

Stickies and the other ideas make a lot of sense. Just trying to understand what would be a fair price.
    maby check it out with pool? Would not hurt to ask commiunity if they would pay prices you have sugested

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    you guys are all talking about the private server section, but for example, in the market section if someone is a big time reselling for gold bars, or items in certain servers such as Darken, then paying an extra $ a month or so to keep his topic pinned in the market section with possibly a colour would make all the difference.

Use the media section as a advertisement section also for private servers if you wished?
    allow developers who are looking to sell there service's to pay a monthly fee to get pinned topic / coloured in the private server market.
    allow people to pay a monthly fee to have some sort of clan tag in there name to show who there playing with ingame.

point system where people can buy / sell points to buy stuff from people on KO? like a forum currency, thus making mods be the middle men and taking a small cut for doing so? which goes to the forum.

+1 for that.

For now even if google adds doesnt work..

● One bigger banner at top of the page of private server section, for best paying server. Price 100 - 150 - 200?

● One bigger banner at top of the page at every other section for Nttgame? Price.. ?
    Smooth likes this.

I think, like some others said , private server are the best way to go , since they won money with their "product" . (Not generaly speaking since ofc they have to pay the VPS and many other things).

Make a donation button , every web page of gamers we develop in my company they have a donation button , im pretty sure it will help the forum not only the Devile Credit Card (just need to think if will be there any reward after donating or not)

A banner like Darken said on top of some page would be good too , if you want exclusivity on your private server or anything you should pay for it .

I think every idea is good to help !

Banned

sticky topics for private servers but don't shoot the prices sky rocket because the price is decided with how much traffic there is on forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bijuu View Post
    sticky topics for private servers but don't shoot the prices sky rocket because the price is decided with how much traffic there is on forum.
    Ya forgot to mention that !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast