Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How Should The Scammers Be Treated and How Can The Numbers Be Reduced

This is a discussion on How Should The Scammers Be Treated and How Can The Numbers Be Reduced within the Feedback forums, part of the General category; i have really good deal . 1. buyer will send money to mod's paypal and seller ( via request money ...
Page: 2

i have really good deal .
    1. buyer will send money to mod's paypal and seller ( via request money - cant do charge back ) will give items/gbs to mod's char
    2. mod will give to buyer gbs/items and to seller send money to him paypal ..[/b]

Mods will NOT be helping with USD trades. Sorry, but way too risky on our end for something to go wrong.

TopCat

Mods will NOT be helping with USD trades. Sorry, but way too risky on our end for something to go wrong.[/b]
    point noted.

I have a way to reduce trade risk and get community more involved with all trading and allow people to know more about who they are trading with. Make a section in forum specifically for people who are agreeing to do a trade. Buyer and seller both make a post stating exactly what thier deal will be. (what,where,when,who and how) Then, buyer and seller need 1 person to "vouche" for each other. After 1st post stating intentions are written, buyer and seller post to state agreement, after reading each others post on intention (how what where when and who).

At this point the transaction is made and both parties can come back to post experience. Each parties voucher can be held as responsible as the buyer or seller. Anyone deserving a ban will get thier voucher banned as well as themselves. A little transparency may help some. And it will make figuring out who did or didnt do what once a scam is made. Voucher system would mean a little more than trustability topic at this point.

This won't stop all scams of course. Will help lower chance of scam.

If anyone can think of a way to show a non sucessful trade in a SS, please post your idea. Or maybe trades should be done in game cam and posted.

I have a way to reduce trade risk and get community more involved with all trading and allow people to know more about who they are trading with. Make a section in forum specifically for people who are agreeing to do a trade. Buyer and seller both make a post stating exactly what thier deal will be. (what,where,when,who and how) Then, buyer and seller need 1 person to "vouche" for each other. After 1st post stating intentions are written, buyer and seller post to state agreement, after reading each others post on intention (how what where when and who).

At this point the transaction is made and both parties can come back to post experience. Each parties voucher can be held as responsible as the buyer or seller. Anyone deserving a ban will get thier voucher banned as well as themselves. A little transparency may help some. And it will make figuring out who did or didnt do what once a scam is made. Voucher system would mean a little more than trustability topic at this point.

This won't stop all scams of course. Will help lower chance of scam.

If anyone can think of a way to show a non sucessful trade in a SS, please post your idea. Or maybe trades should be done in game cam and posted.[/b]
    then i wont ever vouch for any single person again. im sure many people wont vouch for anyone...afterall.. they are just "friends" you meet over the internet.

Banned

i have really good deal .
    1. buyer will send money to mod's paypal and seller ( via request money - cant do charge back ) will give items/gbs to mod's char
    2. mod will give to buyer gbs/items and to seller send money to him paypal ..[/b]
    Ring Ring Ring. The bell has rang!

Can still charge back.

You buy/sell at your own risk.

Ill give you a example. Ok you go make your own forum and then you impliment your ideas to keep your people safe trading. You will have the same problems. People who charge back and people who lie/deceive.

TopCat

Ring Ring Ring. The bell has rang!

Can still charge back.

You buy/sell at your own risk.

Ill give you a example. Ok you go make your own forum and then you impliment your ideas to keep your people safe trading. You will have the same problems. People who charge back and people who lie/deceive.[/b]
    ya... i know that part.. but recently the number has grown as the forum keeps growing bigger which is good.. but the scam thing is just really too low and some extra caution or new method could be implemented.. newayz.. as Phantom pointed out he does every thing he can to prevent new users from scamming.. and the old users cant be stopped for scamming.. so ya..

Doing USD trades on Ko4life is like doing trades on the stockmarket...
    If you dont do a search before you even consider buying something, you are either stupid or you wanna get scammed so you can cry about it later.

USD = RISKS

Either take your chances doing it, or dont do trades at all.

TopCat

Doing USD trades on Ko4life is like doing trades on the stockmarket...
    If you dont do a search before you even consider buying something, you are either stupid or you wanna get scammed so you can cry about it later.

USD = RISKS

Either take your chances doing it, or dont do trades at all.[/b]
    YES AND YOU ARE PRO . Thnx for your awesome suggestion..

YES AND YOU ARE PRO . Thnx for your awesome suggestion..[/b]

Actually it was. You don't get it. There is nothing that we as staff can do, short of stockpiling every item that goes through a USD transaction until enough time has gone by that PayPal won't let you chargeback.

The ONLY thing we can do is constantly inform our users of the risks and that whatever happens is on them. We do our best to keep people that we feel are scammers off the forum, but we can only do so much. The community has to step up and just think for themselves.

TopCat

Actually it was. You don't get it. There is nothing that we as staff can do, short of stockpiling every item that goes through a USD transaction until enough time has gone by that PayPal won't let you chargeback.

The ONLY thing we can do is constantly inform our users of the risks and that whatever happens is on them. We do our best to keep people that we feel are scammers off the forum, but we can only do so much. The community has to step up and just think for themselves.[/b]
    I am not Gonna Argue With you Shurt.. I dunt see why i should. The only way To cut The Scam Thing really down is to get trade mods to mediate the Process. Ko4life wunt take that risk cause its too much hastle..(Like You Said).. That was the only option which every mod wil disagree to do cause of the fact they can get in trouble if the buyer and seller fuk up. And what do u means search users profile before Dealing.. NO Comment on that.. Everyone has a million Trust Post ( which is really a joke). Wat more can u search i dunt get it honestly. Scammer come here.. get thier post up in no time.Spam The Forum. get shit load of vouchers.. and ends up scamming..?
    Is it really hard even after ur IP Banned to come into the forum using a different ISP...From where i live (Australia) a 10 dollar pre paid card chages ur IP.. so u spend 10 buck to come into the forum post spam the forum for week or so.. get some trust vouchers.. and let the Game Begin..Do You agree thats how most people do it?

I am not Gonna Argue With you Shurt.. I dunt see why i should. The only way To cut The Scam Thing really down is to get trade mods to mediate the Process. Ko4life wunt take that risk cause its too much hastle..(Like You Said).. That was the only option which every mod wil disagree to do cause of the fact they can get in trouble if the buyer and seller fuk up. And what do u means search users profile before Dealing.. NO Comment on that.. Everyone has a million Trust Post ( which is really a joke). Wat more can u search i dunt get it honestly. Scammer come here.. get thier post up in no time.Spam The Forum. get shit load of vouchers.. and ends up scamming..?
    Is it really hard even after ur IP Banned to come into the forum using a different ISP...From where i live (Australia) a 10 dollar pre paid card chages ur IP.. so u spend 10 buck to come into the forum post spam the forum for week or so.. get some trust vouchers.. and let the Game Begin..Do You agree thats how most people do it?[/b]

It's not that it's too much of a hassle, it's the fact that it's plain ridiculous. To expect our staff to oversee EVERY USD trade that goes on on these forums is more than a full-time job. We'd have to start sending out paychecks because people would have to sit in front of their computers all day, alt-tabbing between KO and a FireFox/IE window that is dedicated to PayPal. It's simply not feasible.

If people want protection, they have to take the mantle and do the legwork. And by "we try to stop it before it happens," I meant that since we enabled Admin-Approval on all new accounts, they are all checked for IP matches before they get approved and are allowed to post at all.

About dynamic IP's; There's nothing we can do about them. If we take a leaf out of K2's book and restrict your account to only a single IP, roughly 85% of the world will be banned, since that's how many I estimate are on a dynamic connection.

Is our system (Trustability posts, IP checks, etc.) perfect? By all means, no, but it is the absolute best we can do without needing to send out paychecks to the staff.

Banned Senior Member

Also, if any mod did mediate a USD trade and it went wrong... guess what? Their paypal is now out of money, which they need to replace if they lose the chargeback.. Paypal also charges a chargeback fee, even if they win they need to replace that fee so no matter what happens the paypal account has less money in it then before

TopCat

Also, if any mod did mediate a USD trade and it went wrong... guess what? Their paypal is now out of money, which they need to replace if they lose the chargeback.. Paypal also charges a chargeback fee, even if they win they need to replace that fee so no matter what happens the paypal account has less money in it then before[/b]

I just thought of something.. Tell me If this is a good thought..

A seperate Donation Process can be Implemented towards ko4life.
    Memebers who wants usd deals through a mod should have to pay a donation towards it to use the service.(Just like escrow service of Ebay )
    Not many will be willing to pay it.. but those who do will be guranteed a safe trade. cause buyer seller wunt pay donation unless they are legit ..

Its Just a thought.. Tell me what you guys think..

I know Phantom Mentioned Fuk Turds who chargeback Festo`s Paypal(which is really low)

But this seems to be a good thought and can also pay for the mod who is willing to help the trade.

Any Comments Welcome.

then i wont ever vouch for any single person again. im sure many people wont vouch for anyone...afterall.. they are just "friends" you meet over the internet.[/b]
    Is your name in anyones' trustable topic in this forum? I think you might have missed point of posting for others if it is. If you think that the current system doesnt cause people who vouche for somebody who then scams do lose some credibility i think you'd be wrong. If i see someone who has vouched for anyone who turns to scamming, i'd seriously doubt that person also.

But, you've made my point anyways. When you have something to lose, you are more deliberate about who you will throw a vouche for. We are all just "friends" we've met on internet. The entire point of this post was to gain opinions and solutions exactly for that reason. Cause we only know so much about the guy on other end of keyboard.

I'd suggest suggestions from now on, helps more than reasons why it wont work i think. Or, if you need to say im wrong, go for it, but then add your thoughts on what might work. I'm still brainstorming, will post when brain pops up with something.

TopCat

Is your name in anyones' trustable topic in this forum? I think you might have missed point of posting for others if it is. If you think that the current system doesnt cause people who vouche for somebody who then scams do lose some credibility i think you'd be wrong. If i see someone who has vouched for anyone who turns to scamming, i'd seriously doubt that person also.

But, you've made my point anyways. When you have something to lose, you are more deliberate about who you will throw a vouche for. We are all just "friends" we've met on internet. The entire point of this post was to gain opinions and solutions exactly for that reason. Cause we only know so much about the guy on other end of keyboard.
    I'd suggest suggestions from now on, helps more than reasons why it wont work i think. Or, if you need to say im wrong, go for it, but then add your thoughts on what might work. I'm still brainstorming, will post when brain pops up with something.[/b]
    Completely on the same page wif someon3..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast